(P515) Potential Hotel for USH | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

(P515) Potential Hotel for USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would they really start digging before the holidays? I figured construction would start in a slow time, like January
Nah I don’t think it would happen before then. There’s a lot of survey work that needs to go on before any equipment would even show up on site. My guess is early next year some stuff could get moving, but that’s just a guess.

Would they really start digging before the holidays? I figured construction would start in a slow time, like January

For what it’s worth, Theme Park Wizard had heard in the past I believe, of security overhauls going into place at the end of the year. I’d have to imagine if that still holds up, then we need to see the changes NBCUniversal wishes to make now before the Holidays, to begin the process.

Does anyone know for sure if construction for this hotel will begin next month as it's been speculated?
I may be a bit mistaken on the matter, partially out of the lack of knowing as much specifics as of late, but the last I checked in on it--they are waiting on Loews to approve of being the operational partners for the hotel. (Loews has operated all of the mainline domestic Universal hotels at this current moment of time--and will be operating the upcoming Terra Luna/Stella Nova and Helios Grand Hotels for Epic Universe).

Until then--the area, and the security checkpoints that are currently set up the way they are; will remain the way that they are.

Last edited:
I may be a bit mistaken on the matter, partially out of the lack of knowing as much specifics as of late, but the last I checked in on it--they are waiting on Loews to approve of being the operational partners for the hotel. (Loews has operated all of the mainline domestic Universal hotels at this current moment of time--and will be operating the upcoming Terra Luna/Stella Nova and Helios Grand Hotels for Epic Universe).

Until then--the area, and the security checkpoints that are currently set up the way they are; will remain the way that they are.
This feels right to me, as something seems to have stalled the project. Hoping it kicks into gear in 2024.

This feels right to me, as something seems to have stalled the project. Hoping it kicks into gear in 2024.

With all I've been able to understand and know of the project, hyping it up wise; this is gonna be one of the most dazzling projects to come out of USH. I have to imagine it'll kick back up into gear--especially as it'll then allow the security overhaul to be accelerated and be taken into effect as soon as the walls go up.

There is a love with the hotel that I think people are gonna find great to see once things get moving.

I hope they still allow you to walk on the lower pathway near security

It's really bad trying to walk from the park out to citywalk when its crowded , so hoping they wont make it only one path back to your car

I hope they still allow you to walk on the lower pathway near security

It's really bad trying to walk from the park out to citywalk when its crowded , so hoping they wont make it only one path back to your car

From everything I've understood--those stanchions that separate CityWalk, the security check stands that are currently there, and the park will be gone.

The only reason why they haven't tackled the security angle yet is because of how the hub is gonna be shaken up completely. I almost wonder how aspects like the tram that goes from the base of the mountain near the metro station, to where it goes now; will be altered as a result. I also wonder if this is why the globe hasn't been fixed--just because why do it now when you can do it while you redo that whole area.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
From everything I've understood--those stanchions that separate CityWalk, the security check stands that are currently there, and the park will be gone.

The only reason why they haven't tackled the security angle yet is because of how the hub is gonna be shaken up completely. I almost wonder how aspects like the tram that goes from the base of the mountain near the metro station, to where it goes now; will be altered as a result. I also wonder if this is why the globe hasn't been fixed--just because why do it now when you can do it while you redo that whole area.
Thank you, I just hope its not a a mess getting in and out during all of this

Also kinda lol, I was told by everyone here that that area was redone not long ago and the parks would never want to use them for space for the park....lol guess they are willing for a hotel

Thanks

Also kinda lol, I was told by everyone here that that area was redone not long ago and the parks would never want to use them for space for the park....lol guess they are willing for a hotel

It was! They redid the entire security to what you see now back in 2016--as work went on throughout late 2014 to 2016 that resulted in the removal of two of the ticket booths that occupied the hub space, the inclusion of the palms that are now next to the red carpet; and the redone security check stands.

It was modern for the time; however things have to evolve and change. I'd also imagine this might give them a chance to bring the facial recognition tech that has been getting implemented at UOR, to USH.

It was! They redid the entire security to what you see now back in 2016--as work went on throughout late 2014 to 2016 that resulted in the removal of two of the ticket booths that occupied the hub space, the inclusion of the palms that are now next to the red carpet; and the redone security check stands.

It was modern for the time; however things have to evolve and change. I'd also imagine this might give them a chance to bring the facial recognition tech that has been getting implemented at UOR, to USH.
I would also not mind better quicker security, the current system is just not my favorite on busy days....one normal days it gets the job done but once there is a line it moves very slowly

I mean, using it for park space is a whole other beast than constructing a hotel on the site. We’ll probably see more repurposing of some infrastructure rather than 100% demolition (as would happen if they expanded the park in this direction.) There are more reasons than just that that would make it a really difficult project to expand the park, would make getting into the park difficult for years during construction, and with the way attendance has been that would become a cluster real fast.

Also worth noting this land here is just about the only place they could build a hotel with ease of access to the park, while the park has plenty of options, as of now, to expand its footprint elsewhere.

There would be a new dom toretto meet and greet out in the front and a redesign of the arch with a new logo for the F&F coaster.

Attachments

• 1760D749-02A7-49F6-80F2-B935F06FD2E8.jpeg
    1760D749-02A7-49F6-80F2-B935F06FD2E8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16