(P515) Potential Hotel for USH | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

(P515) Potential Hotel for USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good news, Ethan from Theme Park Wizard is reporting that Universal and Loews came to a contract agreement regarding the new onsite USH hotel. Info starts at 9:12 mark. Construction should begin very soon now:

Note to self get video of the parking lot before it goes then....I guess thats this weekend

Reactions: joerodriguez
Good news, Ethan from Theme Park Wizard is reporting that Universal and Loews came to a contract agreement regarding the new onsite USH hotel. Info starts at 9:12 mark. Construction should begin very soon now:

I do believe an agreement has been made, not so sure about the construction beginning "very soon" part, but we shall see.

I still think it’s a weird idea to add a hotel does it have the potential to become a money pit
While I rather the space be used for theme park....it will most likely make money

People pay 500+ bucks to stay at what was Paradise Pier hotel near Disneyland....so yeah

Also people pay 100+ bucks extra to skip line etc.....some people just have money to burn

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
As someone who visits USH, one of the main issues is there is no where to stay near the park. Your current choices are the Hilton and Sheraton. The next closest seems to be a mile or so away. I find myself having to stay near the western and Hollywood metro station and take the red line to the park. While that is efficient, it doesn't fare well when I want to stay longer for HHN so I would be more inclined to stay at a hotel geared towards universal vs the other 2 who prices are kind of high.

As someone who visits USH, one of the main issues is there is no where to stay near the park. Your current choices are the Hilton and Sheraton. The next closest seems to be a mile or so away. I find myself having to stay near the western and Hollywood metro station and take the red line to the park. While that is efficient, it doesn't fare well when I want to stay longer for HHN so I would be more inclined to stay at a hotel geared towards universal vs the other 2 who prices are kind of high.
If they charge the same price at the two near by hotels....I don't understand how it really helps besides walking a 10 mins less

That's my thing is this hotel won't be for normal people but people who can spend 500ish plus bucks a night

With it being an actual "on site" hotel, I'm expecting themed IP rooms (similar to other Universal hotels). Maybe not all, but a floor or two just to add that extra touch... (for the extra $$$)

If they charge the same price at the two near by hotels....I don't understand how it really helps besides walking a 10 mins less

It's a fair point... but having a hotel in that location is by far the most convenient. Even the closest hotel currently requires either a shuttle or a rather unpleasant walk uphill without much shade.

But aside from location, it'd be the brand theming. The property hotels at USO are mostly greatly themed... and, I assume, extra perks that a Universal Hotel can offer that off-site hotels can't. I mean, I believe some do now, but who knows if that will continue once this hotel gets built? They could easily have a monopoly of early entry, SNW early entry or included Express, which could make a stay there very alluring.

It's a fair point... but having a hotel in that location is by far the most convenient. Even the closest hotel currently requires either a shuttle or a rather unpleasant walk uphill without much shade.

But aside from location, it'd be the brand theming. The property hotels at USO are mostly greatly themed... and, I assume, extra perks that a Universal Hotel can offer that off-site hotels can't. I mean, I believe some do now, but who knows if that will continue once this hotel gets built? They could easily have a monopoly of early entry, SNW early entry or included Express, which could make a stay there very alluring.
It's for the 1 Percent of park goers

We've discussed this before but I don't normally push for that much land to be taken up by something 99 Percent of guests will ever use

I hope its nice, I hope it has a restaurant and hope it doesn't cost too much.....but the space could have become theme park in a park I am reminded most days on this site "is too small for X". So we are using the limited space we have on a hotel that is not needed, for people saying HHN the event has been going on for about 20 years and last year was insane busy....so a hotel while nice for the guests who can pay 500 bucks a night (no way in heck is the hotel on an HHN night going to be under 500 bucks)

It's a hard pill to Swallow when USH is like 10+ years away (if not more) from being a 2 Day park.

As someone now covering theme parks, it will in the end be content but....wish the space would be used for things that affect more guests in a positive way.

Reactions: TonyPizza
It's for the 1 Percent of park goers

We've discussed this before but I don't normally push for that much land to be taken up by something 99 Percent of guests will ever use

I hope its nice, I hope it has a restaurant and hope it doesn't cost too much.....but the space could have become theme park in a park I am reminded most days on this site "is too small for X". So we are using the limited space we have on a hotel that is not needed, for people saying HHN the event has been going on for about 20 years and last year was insane busy....so a hotel while nice for the guests who can pay 500 bucks a night (no way in heck is the hotel on an HHN night going to be under 500 bucks)

It's a hard pill to Swallow when USH is like 10+ years away (if not more) from being a 2 Day park.

As someone now covering theme parks, it will in the end be content but....wish the space would be used for things that affect more guests in a positive way.

The area where the hotel is going was never going to be theme park expansion space, though. Ever.

The park currently doesn't have an on-site hotel. Adding one fills out the property and makes it more convenient for tourists (yes, the Hilton and Sheraton are there, but they don't offer the same benefits of an actual on-site hotel). The ability to sell hotel rooms is often a motivating factor when planning park expansions and events, by the way, so having one can make it easier for the park's management to justify the sort of stuff you're always asking for.

The area where the hotel is going was never going to be theme park expansion space, though. Ever.

The park currently doesn't have an on-site hotel. Adding one fills out the property and makes it more convenient for tourists (yes, the Hilton and Sheraton are there, but they don't offer the same benefits of an actual on-site hotel). The ability to sell hotel rooms is often a motivating factor when planning park expansions and events, by the way, so having one can make it easier for the park's management to justify the sort of stuff you're always asking for.
Lets agree to disagree

Universal is making bank, if a hotel is what is holding them back from adding DK, Zelda and other things then cool but that's not the messaging people on here say they say its because of space and the studios not wanting to give up land

But it could never be theme park land? What source you know for a fact that would not want to add to the park in the front why? It's literally the perfect solution to we need space but don't want to touch the studio and the space is LARGE. The parking lot, front area, flex grass space and what was The Walking dead is more then enough space for a 2 New tickets and some filler along with maybe.....an in park sit down restaurant.

Lets agree to disagree

Universal is making bank, if a hotel is what is holding them back from adding DK, Zelda and other things then cool but that's not the messaging people on here say they say its because of space and the studios not wanting to give up land

But it could never be theme park land? What source you know for a fact that would not want to add to the park in the front why? It's literally the perfect solution to we need space but don't want to touch the studio and the space is LARGE. The parking lot, front area, flex grass space and what was The Walking dead is more then enough space for a 2 New tickets and some filler along with maybe.....an in park sit down restaurant.

I'm not sure you can say you agree to disagree before continuing the discussion...

And I'm not sure it's possible to have a productive conversation with you about this since you keep just jumping to complaining that the park isn't adding more Nintendo experiences. Adding a hotel gives them a new revenue stream that can be used to justify future investments in the park/complex. That isn't an arguable point.

That plot of land slated for the hotel is separated from the park proper by a crucial guest artery that leads to the Frankenstein parking garage as well as the adjacent street. The guest path between Minions and Pets is also an emergency access egress. Expanding the park into that area is simply not practical on any level, no matter how much you may want it to happen.

Also, to be clear, that plot is barely as big as the current Minion Mayhem building. They're making the most of the plot by building up.

Last edited:
I'm not sure you can say you agree to disagree before continuing the discussion...

I'm not sure it's possible to have a productive conversation with you about this since you keep just jumping to complaining that the park isn't adding more Nintendo experiences. Adding a hotel gives them a new revenue stream that can be used to justify future investments in the park/complex. That isn't an arguable point.

That plot of land slated for the hotel is separated from the park proper by a crucial guest artery that leads to the Frankenstein parking garage as well as the adjacent street. The guest path between Minions and Pets is also an emergency access egress. Expanding the park into that area is simply not practical on any level, no matter how much you may want it to happen.
They can move things around, it's not impossible to change where Emergency paths are, they want to introduce face scanners so they can add turn styles for that Frank's parking.

They will not, unless magic happens be adding anything more then one attraction a year or a land with. They don't have the space to add one more then they could with or without a hotel in fact now they have less space.

USH has never had more profits and attendance is way up, if they wanted the hotel in location 2 I would be more for it but where it is....its just a large sum of land for USH to give up for a hotel when people on here are like "they want to bring DK but don't have the space...."

Anyway its happening, and I hope it does turn out as best as it can and enjoy all you 1% who can afford 500 bucks in a hotel.

They can move things around, it's not impossible to change where Emergency paths are, they want to introduce face scanners so they can add turn styles for that Frank's parking.

They will not, unless magic happens be adding anything more then one attraction a year or a land with. They don't have the space to add one more then they could with or without a hotel in fact now they have less space.

USH has never had more profits and attendance is way up, if they wanted the hotel in location 2 I would be more for it but where it is....its just a large sum of land for USH to give up for a hotel when people on here are like "they want to bring DK but don't have the space...."

Anyway its happening, and I hope it does turn out as best as it can and enjoy all you 1% who can afford 500 bucks in a hotel.
Can You Believe This Excuse Me GIF

Lets get this straight, Universal is adding an onsite hotel, this hotel is just a step closer to USH becoming an ACTUAL world class theme park destination. The hotel is a game changer and people don‘t realize it.

Adding onto this--the Hotel has always been planned since the NBCUniversal Evolution Plan even began to make the rounds. Even back to the residental plans in the day.

NBCUniversal-Master-Plan-Production-Studios-RIOS-Site-Plan.jpg

They have been building up to this moment, since the approval by Los Angeles County; and with the combined LA Metro Red Line alongside the shuttle--will make this hotel a genuine world class experience that is going to be on par with accessibility to that of The Park Hotel @ USJ (or the Universal Studios Grand Hotel in Beijing).

This hotel, has the chance to act as a key icon to the longevity and vistas of how Universal Studios Hollywood will be seen; similar to that of Beijing and Epic Universe's attached hotels. It will add a new stream of constant revenue; that will help support and establish more ways for people to continue their stay on property.

It might even allow CityWalk to restore it's nightlife capabilities--to bring it back to become an entertainment capital through it's historic past of nightclubs and adult entertainment. There is a lot that this hotel can and could impact, @Jerroddragon; and it makes a lot of sense when you consider the boon this will bring for USH in what they can be capable.