(P515) Potential Hotel for USH | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

(P515) Potential Hotel for USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Both In and out of park please! Castle show, streetmosphere, maybe even a parade? Bowlero, monstermini golf, splitsville in citywalk. So many great things could really fill out the nightlife of CityWalk! It definitely has felt different since the removal of theatre.

It's why I welcome a security overhaul; because if it allows them to expand the life in CityWalk to bring back the nighttime crowd more properly--then that would be a major win.

In park I think the answer is obvious (more shows, even if it isn't like the once rumored Bourne, but rather shows like Untrainable); but outside--one of CityWalks core identities is on how it's nightlife defined and enticed locals into that area. If it comes from facilities created as part of P515, or as part of a transformation to make CityWalk the Entertainment Capital of LA again; it needs to be done for the future of USH.

I came into when USH was regarded as a destination not for the park; but when it was booming for the nightlife and clubbing potential that came. Be Howl At The Moon, Infusion, or Jon Lovitz. Looking at the property now; it feels like one of the biggest things that needs to be finally corrected with the incentive to make USH a proper "Resort Destination" incoming. And it is the one thing I am desperately hoping finally happens.

Indoor Mini Golf, Bowling, the return of Howl At The Moon (with the overlays that Red Coconut has had), and even new comedy clubs feel like very easy wins to cater to multiple crowds here.

Reactions: Jwhee
It's why I welcome a security overhaul; because if it allows them to expand the life in CityWalk to bring back the nighttime crowd more properly--then that would be a major win.

In park I think the answer is obvious (more shows, even if it isn't like the once rumored Bourne, but rather shows like Untrainable); but outside--one of CityWalks core identities is on how it's nightlife defined and enticed locals into that area. If it comes from facilities created as part of P515, or as part of a transformation to make CityWalk the Entertainment Capital of LA again; it needs to be done for the future of USH.

I came into when USH was regarded as a destination not for the park; but when it was booming for the nightlife and clubbing potential that came. Be Howl At The Moon, Infusion, or Jon Lovitz. Looking at the property now; it feels like one of the biggest things that needs to be finally corrected with the incentive to make USH a proper "Resort Destination" incoming. And it is the one thing I am desperately hoping finally happens.

Indoor Mini Golf, Bowling, the return of Howl At The Moon (with the overlays that Red Coconut has had), and even new comedy clubs feel like very easy wins to cater to multiple crowds here.

I’d love if they went the route of Orlando and brought in nightlife that Universal actually owns

Howl and Infusion looked good but were 3rd parties paying rent to be there

Coconut, Marley’s, Rising Star in Orlando are all Universal owned. I think that’s what makes them so unique, clean and fun. CityWalk Hollywood could benefit from places like that. As of now there’s no reason for a local to go there outside of Toothsome or the movies

I’d love if they went the route of Orlando and brought in nightlife that Universal actually owns

Howl and Infusion looked good but were 3rd parties paying rent to be there

Coconut, Marley’s, Rising Star in Orlando are all Universal owned. I think that’s what makes them so unique, clean and fun. CityWalk Hollywood could benefit from places like that

Red Coconut and a SNL Nighttime club would make a genuine killing for the LA Local area. It's why I am intently wondering how GSATS go for David S. Pumpkins at HHN this year.

Feels like a prime opportunity to do something special with the ease and accessibility USH has for the LA community. Whether you'd be driving in, going through bus routes, or LA Metro; having an easily accessible SNL based club with updated skits by LA comedians would make it a headliner experience.

___

Making an edit more than a double post, but from Sal it seems like pressurizer trucks were spoted in the Front Gate parking about 4 days ago. Seems they intended to of cleaned up the parking lot a bit for a moment, as part of pavement projects across the property (but let's see how that favors out).

Last edited:
Red Coconut and a SNL Nighttime club would make a genuine killing for the LA Local area. It's why I am intently wondering how GSATS go for David S. Pumpkins at HHN this year.

Feels like a prime opportunity to do something special with the ease and accessibility USH has for the LA community. Whether you'd be driving in, going through bus routes, or LA Metro; having an easily accessible SNL based club with updated skits by LA comedians would make it a headliner experience.

___

Making an edit more than a double post, but from Sal it seems like pressurizer trucks were spoted in the Front Gate parking about 4 days ago. Seems they intended to of cleaned up the parking lot a bit for a moment, as part of pavement projects across the property (but let's see how that favors out).
True. The night life here was popping.

Woody Woodpecker is slowly going extinct from Universal. Leave my boy Woody alone!
When USH reopened and they had the 4th of July like normal. I asked where I could get a picture with Woody and they said he was a retired character

It sucks, he felt like the park Mascot back in the 90s

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Does this mean no more preferred/VIP parking and what will happened to the handicap spaces? Will the frankenstein structure be the location for these spaces? There are plenty of people willing to buy these premium spaces I doubt Universal will let this extra revenue go so easily

Does this mean no more preferred/VIP parking and what will happened to the handicap spaces? Will the frankenstein structure be the location for these spaces? There are plenty of people willing to buy these premium spaces I doubt Universal will let this extra revenue go so easily
They have other preferred spaces. Letting go of
Some makes sense to put in a hotel.

Reactions: Michael S
A hotel will get them a lot more revenue than a parking lot. There’s handicap parking in both Frankenstein and Jurassic Park as far as I’m aware.

Disney has Mickey
WB/Disvovery has Bugs Bunny
Paramount was dumb and lost Popeye
And Woody Woodpecker was mismanaged. It's too bad because they reaaaallly tried to re-push the IP in the late 90s and early 2000s with "The New Woody Woodpecker Show", Kids Zone, and tie-in video games, but it was a very half-assed attempt at rejuvenation.

They even half-assed it even worse with the horrid 2017 direct-to-video movie and the lazy flash You Tube 2018 series.

Why does Universal suck so much with legacy content? Minions should not be their mascots, lmao.

Oh well, anyway, a hotel in Woody Woodpecker parking would be such a convenience for hotel guests. Its litetally at the front gate.