(P515) Potential Hotel for USH | Inside Universal Forums

(P515) Potential Hotel for USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
As found by Theme Park Wizard, permits have been filed today for an 11 story hotel to be located east of the NBCUniversal lot.

I have additionally looked into this and have confirmed it's authenticity. Outside of this, not much is further known on the extents of the potential hotel accommodations coming to USH!
1683075155354.png

I saw permits for this a few months ago, but it just said P515 with no further details so i didn't think much of it. So happy to see what it actually is!
Screen_Shot_2023-03-19_at_4.50.10_PM.png

Where's it going?

Also, every time I go to USH from Orlando I stay at the Universal Hilton. Can't get much closer to the park than that.

Kinda not getting the point of this with two other hotels essentially on site for a park that is just getting to be a one day park. I guess it kinda helps with HHN, but for non-locals you already have options in the area and two already closer to the entrance than where this is being built (if it is on the east side) that are probably comparable in price to this. I guess the advantage will be early entry and maybe express but ehh, rather the development costs go towards the park itself.

Kinda not getting the point of this with two other hotels essentially on site for a park that is just getting to be a one day park. I guess it kinda helps with HHN, but for non-locals you already have options in the area and two already closer to the entrance than where this is being built (if it is on the east side) that are probably comparable in price to this. I guess the advantage will be early entry and maybe express but ehh, rather the development costs go towards the park itself.

In essence, as I and @Jonathan have explained elsewhere: it's not simply a matter of the Hilton or Sheraton nearby, but the fact that there is not a proper and genuine co-owned hotel by NBCUniversal and Loews.

They even went to the legal element of opposing in courts of the Hilton expansion, that's how much things kind of are. They have also had hotels earmarked as early as the Evolution Plan's.

Reactions: Nico
In essence, as I and @Jonathan have explained elsewhere: it's not simply a matter of the Hilton or Sheraton nearby, but the fact that there is not a proper and genuine co-owned hotel by NBCUniversal and Loews.

They even went to the legal element of opposing in courts of the Hilton expansion, that's how much things kind of are. They have also had hotels earmarked as early as the Evolution Plan's.

I get that those aren't owned by Universal, but being built just for the sake of just having a Universal owned hotel isn't really a huge compelling reason. You could find availability with the two existing hotels today easily pretty much and it's not like there's a shortage of hotels in the Hollywood area.

I get that those aren't owned by Universal, but being built just for the sake of just having a Universal owned hotel isn't really a huge compelling reason. You could find availability with the two existing hotels today easily pretty much and it's not like there's a shortage of hotels in the Hollywood area.
I mean, it’s easy money in their pockets. That’s why.

I mean, it’s easy money in their pockets. That’s why.

I do wonder how successful it will be given it will probably cost more than the two already pretty expensive hotels on property that have vacancies

The area isn't really a theme park centric place like Orlando.

Easy money in their pockets, the ability to properly represent their brand and to keep guests contained on property, and also countering that of the Hilton and Sheraton in the terms of the sightlines and presence around the area. Especially if it's built to be a premium hotel.

Honestly, I wonder if they might actually try to counter the high cost of the Hilton/Sheraton with something cheaper, but that's a dumb thought I have.

I do wonder how successful it will be given it will probably cost more than the two already pretty expensive hotels on property that have vacancies

The area isn't really a theme park centric place like Orlando.
Neither is Knott’s and yet…

You brand the hotel, offer perks, vacation packages, breakfast meet & greets… it’ll sell. Especially as the theme park grows.

Easy money in their pockets, the ability to properly represent their brand and to keep guests contained on property, and also countering that of the Hilton and Sheraton in the terms of the sightlines and presence around the area. Especially if it's built to be a premium hotel.

Honestly, I wonder if they might actually try to counter the high cost of the Hilton/Sheraton with something cheaper, but that's a dumb thought I have.

That would work (keeping people on property) if Universal Hollywood wasn't a one day destination tacked on to a SoCal/LA trip vs a theme park centric place like Orlando or Anaheim.

While it's pretty dang early to speculate, if this will be even remotely like an Orlando hotel, a Universal owned hotel would be able to offer perks exclusive to the park (possible things: early entry, included Express pass benefits, soft drink refills, discounted park tickets, and special packages if so inclined), as well as higher quality control, service, and most importantly, theming. You can't tell me the vibes of Cabana Bay or Royal Pacific are on par with a Sheraton that looks like a box.

And who cares if USH isn't a full day park? Doesn't mean the guests have to exclusively go to USH... there's craploads of tourist destinations a very short distance away: Walk of Fame, Hollywood Bowl, Chinese Theater, Hollywood & Highland, Ameoba, Griffith Observatory, etc. Sure, guests could do all that from other hotels, but not with the added benefits of exclusive USH benefits, quality, and convenience.

As already pointed out, Knott's is not a full day park either, and they have an onsite hotel that's doing quite well--even though it's surrounded by tons of other hotels all along Beach Blvd.

While it's pretty dang early to speculate, if this will be even remotely like an Orlando hotel, a Universal owned hotel would be able to offer perks exclusive to the park (possible things: early entry, included Express pass benefits, soft drink refills, discounted park tickets, and special packages if so inclined), as well as higher quality control, service, and most importantly, theming. You can't tell me the vibes of Cabana Bay or Royal Pacific are on par with a Sheraton that looks like a box.

And who cares if USH isn't a full day park? Doesn't mean the guests have to exclusively go to USH... there's craploads of tourist destinations a very short distance away: Walk of Fame, Hollywood Bowl, Chinese Theater, Hollywood & Highland, Ameoba, Griffith Observatory, etc. Sure, guests could do all that from other hotels, but not with the added benefits of exclusive USH benefits, quality, and convenience.

As already pointed out, Knott's is not a full day park either, and they have an onsite hotel that's doing quite well--even though it's surrounded by tons of other hotels all along Beach Blvd.

Additionally there is a boon to this and it's proximity to that of Metro Rail Red, as it'll easily allow tourists an element of accessibility to plan their day around the Hollywood area beyond USH.

Didn't a blogger post something about this hotel several months and also claimed that they were going to rename USH to Universal Resort Hollywood, to which Mark Woodbury responded on Twitter that they were not going the rename the park?

While the park will remain USH, I bet when the hotel opens, they name the whole place Universal Hollywood Resort (USH, CityWalk, and the Hotel).