New Parade at Universal Studios Florida (Rumor) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

New Parade at Universal Studios Florida (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Literally all of this except Hitchcock is likely coming. You absolutely nailed it.
Meh, they copied my idea. I'm fine with it, I hope they pick up on extra parade food and themed drinks, wouldn't that be fun.
A shame they not do a Hitchcock float especialy as a ty in with Peacock as they can rotate Hitch a Pea and leave the other word... ah...forget it I was wrong on that one.

PS
My BttF float would have a Delorian with 2 streaks of fire behind it.

• Wow
Reactions: Alicia
If this ends up being a nighttime parade, that'll be an embarrassment to WDW. that no longer has any night parades. Perhaps it will spur Disney to bring a night parade back to MK. That would be a double win for theme park fans if that happens.

Reactions: IzzyB and GA-MBIT
They really should have something Hitchcock-related in this parade, honestly.
Circling back to this, I wonder if Universal saved the scale mock-up of the Bates house from Alfred Hitchcock: The Art of Making Movies...
9e12fb26acfe5023b28b82233a8e677c.jpg

hitchcock-1024x588.jpg

How cool/impressive would that thing look cruising down the street, especially at night?

Who knows if Universal preserved it, though.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
In case it wasn't clear yet, I really do believe this new parade will feature Nintendo.
I'd imagine a parade was not going to happen without any sort of Minion's presence either, would be shocking. While I'd love dedicated segments to BTT/JP/etc., Universal finally has a wealth of IPs to flood an entire parade by mixing them into various themes versus single IP segments.

I'd imagine a parade was not going to happen without any sort of Minion's presence either, would be shocking. While I'd love dedicated segments to BTT/JP/etc., Universal finally has a wealth of IPs to flood an entire parade by mixing them into various themes versus single IP segments.
Yes.

Monsters? :eyes:
Yes.

Classic versions of the Monsters, or debuting the new looks for the characters that will be found in Epic Universe?

Being the Studios park, where all the more traditional Monster merchandise is located, my preference would be for the original versions. To nobody's surprise!
No idea, but my money would be on classic, like the USH walk around characters. As this is a family parade.

Minions had their parade run for pretty much 10 years being the lead unit of Superstar Parade. They don't need another round. I'm still bitter over the HOP unit being replaced by a PETS unit (a severely massive downgrade).

Single IP units is pretty much done for a cohesive flow & brand preservation. Disney does tend to blur those lines here/there, but it's only to feature more characters.

Minions had their parade run for pretty much 10 years being the lead unit of Superstar Parade. They don't need another round. I'm still bitter over the HOP unit being replaced by a PETS unit (a severely massive downgrade).
I don't think there was ever a chance that Minions would not be featured. Except for maybe Jurassic World, it's easily the most profitable and popular franchise they own.

Single IP units is pretty much done for a cohesive flow & brand preservation. Disney does tend to blur those lines here/there, but it's only to feature more characters.
Minions are the closest Universal will ever get to a "Mickey Mouse" of their own, so it'll be included in some form during the parade. Disney still starts (or ends) each of their parades with the Fab 5, and always tends to feature a collection of the same characters... even with all the new IP they have generated in the past few years. The parade needs to cater to little ones as well, and BTTF/Jaws ain't gonna do that lol

Current rumored properties include:

Back to the Future
JAWS
E.T.
Ghostbusters
Jurassic World
Transformers
Nintendo
Universal Monsters
Minions
DreamWorks

(I have no idea if this list is exhaustive or accurate)
Any word on whether it's Jurassic Park or Jurassic World? I thought the former was mentioned previously.

Reactions: belloq87
10 IPs... I can see why they use the word "MEGA" for the (rumored) parade name. This parade seems rather long!!

Minions are the closest Universal will ever get to a "Mickey Mouse" of their own
Woody Woodpecker would like a word (while he's currently filing for unemployment)...

Universal Monsters is Universal's legacy icon, Frankenstein is great with kids! :eyes:
The parade needs to cater to little ones as well, and BTTF/Jaws ain't gonna do that lol
Well that's just bad parenting. I'd always ask my grandma to put on JAWS for me growing up :lol:

Reactions: belloq87