Mega Movie Parade | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Mega Movie Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
#ThanksEpic
Improvements around Studios likely have more to do with short-term belt tightening than the $6 billion park down the street. There’s a lot of improvements happening that seem small to us, but are extremely costly, most notably the wand enhancements and complete kitchen upgrades at dining locations at Mel’s. Chez Alcatraz and more coming next. Not even counting Minion Land and DreamWorks Land, seems there’s always work walls up somewhere at Studios for new work.

I’ve just noticed ET is closed for part of May. We’ve booked Disney for 4 days but need something for the rest of our 2 week holiday. I really dont want to do Seaworld, I disagree with a lot of what they do, but the alternative is Universal…and when half of the family are under 10, there’s not a lot to do at Universal right now. If they shut ET while we ward there, there’s literally zero things for the younger kids to do May!

I’ve just noticed ET is closed for part of May. We’ve booked Disney for 4 days but need something for the rest of our 2 week holiday. I really dont want to do Seaworld, I disagree with a lot of what they do, but the alternative is Universal…and when half of the family are under 10, there’s not a lot to do at Universal right now. If they shut ET while we ward there, there’s literally zero things for the younger kids to do May!
I’m curious if the may closure has to do with setting up the new entrance arch for ET. I also wonder if it’s forecasting a potential opening for Dreamworks.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I’m curious if the may closure has to do with setting up the new entrance arch for ET. I also wonder if it’s forecasting a potential opening for Dreamworks.
I believe it’s for ride refurbishment, I’m hoping related to track and RV upgrades…. Since that’s something they can’t just do overnight. I’m sure they’ll do other stuff at same time though of course.

Maybe they think they can afford to have ET closed if everyone’s eyes are on Dreamworks? I think it would be silly to have ET closed before opening Dreamworks.

Rehearsals for HHN don't take place from May through July. It's typically for a few days at the end of August. The audition deadline does line-up with HHN, but the performance dates in July and August do not.
I thought the same.
The timing states to perform July, height of summer.
This got me thinking about the Dreamworks land, whether there’s any info about casting/rehearsals/performance dates and I found this:
IMG_6913.png

So if auditions were Nov, reversals Feb and March….are they aiming for April/May? Then new parade July?

Four hour shifts mean parade. Parade shifts since 2002 are four hours.

Performance dates mean it’s likely starting 4th of July weekend (likely 5 July) and will run through HHN.

That means smaller zones.
And end November makes sense since Macy Day parade starts in November. I assume this will be a seasonal parade that runs after this year from May to November and won't run other times because of Macy Day and Mardi Gras. I can't imagine they start in July every year since that is fairly late into the summer.

There is absolutely no way this is HHN with performances starting in July.

I believe Superstar Parade did run earlier in the day before Macy's and Marti Gras? IDK why the New Parade couldn't do the same.....

Wrong thread but are we guessing the new Lagoon Show will be opening around 4th of July Weekend as well?

These 2 Shows Better Open before HHN!!........

Last edited:
I believe Superstar Parade did run earlier in the day before Macy's and Marti Gras? IDK why the New Parade couldn't do the same.....

Wrong thread but are we guessing the new Lagoon Show will be opening around 4th of July Weekend as well?

These 2 Shows Better Open before HHN!!........
Potentially a concern about staffing/budgets. A lot parade performers do all the parades, plus HHN. That can result in automatic overtime on double parade days. It also increases the overall staff you need because you’re still staffing two parades.

Potentially a concern about staffing/budgets. A lot parade performers do all the parades, plus HHN. That can result in automatic overtime on double parade days. It also increases the overall staff you need because you’re still staffing two parades.

Also, you're risking injury from those hours and spreading sickness between the daytime casts.