New Parade at Universal Studios Florida (Rumor) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

New Parade at Universal Studios Florida (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Despite the movie being split into two, which was highly unnecessary & ridiculous..

I'm almost surprised Universal doesn't redo BMG theatre for a permanent Wicked production (although I'd rather see Phantom resurrected). That'd bring in money.

Oz is a weird ownership between WB (original) & Disney (prequel), then stage production film (Universal). It'd depend on what this parade is trying to hype up... other than nostalgia.

Reactions: TylerG
Despite the movie being split into two, which was highly unnecessary & ridiculous..

I'm almost surprised Universal doesn't redo BMG theatre for a permanent Wicked production (although I'd rather see Phantom resurrected). That'd bring in money.

Oz is a weird ownership between WB (original) & Disney (prequel), then stage production film (Universal). It'd depend on what this parade is trying to hype up... other than nostalgia.
If I had to guess I would say universal would use packages to fill theater capacity at slower times for something like that but they are filling hotel capacity year round enough they don't feel the need for a show at all. I would certainly like to have something but even Disney refuses package discounts on their own cirque show at Disney springs and has trouble filling it at the prices they want to stick to.

Well, to be fair... Disney's prices are ridiculous to begin with, so not surprised :lol:

Do we know if this parade is strictly daytime or if it'll have a "night mode" to activate for an enhanced viewing experience :eyes:

I've heard rumblings of another IP potentially included in the parade lineup. Just a rumor at this point so it could be completely wrong. No clue on if it will be a full float or just a character.

The IP would be another 3rd Party/non-ComcastNBC, and not Sony again either. I personally think it'd be kinda funny if the character passed by Hollywood during the parade route. Definitely fits the retro vibe the parade seems to be taking on.

icegif-1093.gif

Just to point out, I don't know anything and this a fun guess.

icegif-1093.gif

Just to point out, I don't know anything and this a fun guess.
Ohhhh this would be a huge get. Would work for a modern classic and plenty of dance choreography to choose from.

I’m not a parade person really, but this project is very exciting.

Wizard of Oz for a parade? Heck, Kennywood has had it in its Fall Fantasy Parade for decades, and it doesn't really get much crowd reaction. The Oz stuff is pretty old hat by now for the GP, even with all the reincarnations under different names through the years. There's better IP stuff out there for a parade.

Reactions: RGMick77
Wizard of Oz for a parade? Heck, Kennywood has had it in its Fall Fantasy Parade for decades, and it doesn't really get much crowd reaction. The Oz stuff is pretty old hat by now for the GP, even with all the reincarnations under different names through the years. There's better IP stuff out there for a parade.
Could be "Wicked" though since Universal is putting the movie out and owns the Broadway show.

Wizard of Oz float would fit perfectly in a "Mega Movie" parade considering the music, aesthetic, characters, etc. Although I'm gonna guess Scooby-Doo since that's owned by WB and has meet-and-greets in Hollywood.

I wrote this in 2013.
Looking at Mardi Grass and the Chrismas parades Universal customers stay the night for a parade. It would sell extra (event) food and drinks and souvenirs.
A daytime parade clogs the park imho so I hope for a night time parade.
View attachment 20633
Literally all of this except Hitchcock is likely coming. You absolutely nailed it.

I wrote this in 2013.
Looking at Mardi Grass and the Chrismas parades Universal customers stay the night for a parade. It would sell extra (event) food and drinks and souvenirs.
A daytime parade clogs the park imho so I hope for a night time parade.
View attachment 20633
A Night Time Parade Plus Lagoon Show would cancel out the long time Universal excuse to close the park early because no one stays late.