WDW Cuts and Upcharges | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW Cuts and Upcharges

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The original schedule was April 4th through July 15th.

Those were dumb dates to begin with. It would be down thru end of spring break and two big theme park weekends. I can see why they are delaying it.

Btw, fast passes are available for it on April 28th.

I can say a lot of that is true, if a little over blown. It's a much more complex situation involving actual finances from the domestic parks, weak international parks, and bloated domestic projects.
Definitely. I covered a lot of those same points in an earlier post concerning WDW cuts also (Page 1 of this thread in a probably too long winded comment :lol:). Just pointing out the article, for people's reading purposes, that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
Well good thing they've been announcing left and right breaking record gains each quarter for at least the past 4yrs... So there should plenty of money for all of it, right?!:saywhat: oh wait, I forgot we are talking about Disney, here! :violin: cry me a river Mr. Multi Billion Dollar Corporation.

I keep reading that Shanghai will not open in June with its full attraction slate. I know Soarin will definitely open as DCA is primed to debut it immediately after SDL's opening (plus y'know... it's Soarin), but do we have an idea of exactly how many rides may not make the opening date, and which rides these might be?

I keep reading that Shanghai will not open in June with its full attraction slate. I know Soarin will definitely open as DCA is primed to debut it immediately after SDL's opening (plus y'know... it's Soarin), but do we have an idea of exactly how many rides may not make the opening date, and which rides these might be?
That's the $64 million dollar question. Heck, I doubt Disney even knows that at this stage of the game. What a mess........I hope Universal learns from this and doesn't screw up the company over that questionably placed Beijing park.

Reactions: Quint
So I was just reading on Screamscape that DLP may be looking at the construction of a value hotel across from Santa Fe... This is what I am talking about!!! :angry: Disney can't handle all the projects at hand plus the so called "oops! we went over budget at DLS by 1 billion" which I rather call it a mistake... "and most likely none top executive was fired for it" and now the domestic parks and employees must suffer with cuts.... but HEY! let's just build another hotel at the non profitable resort to solve the situation. I most be the stupidest man on Earth, cuz I just don't get it! :doh:

So I was just reading on Screamscape that DLP may be looking at the construction of a value hotel across from Santa Fe... This is what I am talking about!!! :angry: Disney can't handle all the projects at hand plus the so called "oops! we went over budget at DLS by 1 billion" which I rather call it a mistake... "and most likely none top executive was fired for it" and now the domestic parks and employees must suffer with cuts.... but HEY! let's just build another hotel at the non profitable resort to solve the situation. I most be the stupidest man on Earth, cuz I just don't get it! :doh:

In my opinion and I know I'm going to catch hell for this, feel like Disney Paris as a whole is on borrowed time. I don't think they will ever be ever to succeed in Paris and within 5 years we see Disney Paris close or sold off. The bean counters have been very patient but with all the upcoming expenses and capital expenditures over the next decade I cannot see them being able to hold on another 10 years hoping for it to turn around.

In my opinion and I know I'm going to catch hell for this, feel like Disney Paris as a whole is on borrowed time. I don't think they will ever be ever to succeed in Paris and within 5 years we see Disney Paris close or sold off. The bean counters have been very patient but with all the upcoming expenses and capital expenditures over the next decade I cannot see them being able to hold on another 10 years hoping for it to turn around.
I can see Paris going seasonal. In fact I'm surprised that hasn't happened already.

Reactions: Mad Dog
IF True, then this will be the perfect time to stop taking reservations and start the closing process, sell it!! and bring to the DOMESTIC!!! parks whatever reusable technology.... like Ratatouille "Sorry France Pavilion" and use it or open something. Why wait? the headache won't be cured by crossing fingers and hoping.

Isn't Paris just now getting Star Tours 2? Maybe it's a last-ditch effort, but I can't fathom Disney closing the entire thing down. Of course a sale would require Disney just to issue their license since stripping down almost every attraction of their IPs would cost a fortune... but a closure?

I'm not saying that can't happen or is completely impossible because let's be honest that DLP really is the black sheep in the bunch, but considering that it's Disney and what that message would send it's hard to see an entire resort with two theme parks shut down, at least a Disney one. I think it would have to go in phases: sell the park, license the brand, let company who owns property force its closure (unless it of course turns around dramatically)... the best way to rid of the probable PR nightmare.

I don't see how DLP would do a Value resort. Some of them already don't even have air conditioning as it is.

DLP has far too many resorts, another - even a value - isn't viable.
agreed, it doesn't actually need it at the moment.

I think this Rumour is down to the massive refurb plans for all the resorts and has been lost in translation.

Newport Bay has been redone and looks really good now, Cheyenne is up next and the mock up test rooms look really good.

The Disneyland Hotel itself looks like GF from 20 years ago and is crying out for a refurb.

In terms of the park closing, being sold or going seasonal, I don't see that happening. What I do see is TWDC writing off the debt once they see that the park makes profit again, which with the right refurbs I do see happening.

Barcelona would have been a daft place for EuroDisney, there is Portaventura down the road and without being nasty, the Spanish work ethic is less than solid, their economy is appalling!!

I don't think DLP is going to have a particularly great summer. Euro 2016 is being played there this summer and I imagine transport to the destination is going to skyrocket in price because of it and the recent terror attacks are probably going to put people off.

Barcelona would have been a daft place for EuroDisney, there is Portaventura down the road and without being nasty, the Spanish work ethic is less than solid, their economy is appalling!!

It would have been a hell of a lot better than Paris. The weather would be better, it's a better location for a family holiday as there would be more to do besides Disney. I don't see Portaventura being a disadvantage, if anything they could compliment each other similar to Disney and Universal in Orlando.

It would have been a hell of a lot better than Paris. The weather would be better, it's a better location for a family holiday as there would be more to do besides Disney. I don't see Portaventura being a disadvantage, if anything they could compliment each other similar to Disney and Universal in Orlando.

Portaventura has struggled itself over the years and changed hands (Universal even owned it at one point!)

My main point was my last statement, I didn't wanna come across as racist to tamed it down a bit. The Spanish workforce would not have lived up to the American work ethic, they are often work shy.

The company I work for struggles in Spain finding the correct work talent, and keeping them. Even though Barcelona is one of the major ports we work from!