WDW Cuts and Upcharges | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW Cuts and Upcharges

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's three of us that have used the WOW phrase on this page. That is a clear sign that attraction cuts are something few of us expected or can really fathom. That could be a game changer in a really negative way if that rumor is true.:curse:

I can't see them reducing attraction opening. They are trying to please the once in a lifetime group who would not be happy with not being able to see everything they can

I can't see them reducing attraction opening. They are trying to please the once in a lifetime group who would not be happy with not being able to see everything they can
That's what I would think. That's why this rumor is so troubling and puzzling, hence the WOW factor if true.

Reactions: Jon84
I heard something today I initially thought was BS, but more or less found it to be true.

Disney is going to be reducing the number of trashcans in the parks so they can cut back on staffing to empty them.

I heard something today I initially thought was BS, but more or less found it to be true.

Disney is going to be reducing the number of trashcans in the parks so they can cut back on staffing to empty them.
I hope that they keep some people to empty the trash more frequently then. Have you seen what happens when trashcans get full at crowded places? Or if a trashcan is out of sight for that matter?

Reactions: Mad Dog

Yeah, I read that too.........Heh, one good cutback that's happening for sure. They're eliminating the smelly greasy Turkey Legs in the Animal Kingdom. Word is the bird actors on The Flights of Wander were going to boycott the park if Disney didn't get rid of them. Now that's the kind of stuff they need to cut. :lol:

I hope that they keep some people to empty the trash more frequently then. Have you seen what happens when trashcans get full at crowded places? Or if a trashcan is out of sight for that matter?
Rumor is that WDW is going to have a add on fee to trash guests' trash, or you'll have to use one of your My Magic Plus choices to use a lock box trash can. . :lmao:

Reactions: amityboattours
You got it down pat. Trash Pass +..................A corporation should realize they made a pretty bad business decision when it becomes the butt of jokes.
I know what you mean although being the non passholder/non resident I actually prefer fp+ for the most part. Never been there during a crowded season though.

Reactions: IzzyB
There are a lot of trash cans (in MK for example) that sometimes go the whole day without filling up. Those I can see removing.

But if they remove a "hot can" as they're called in a high traffic area, they're just asking for trouble.

Reactions: IzzyB and Mad Dog
When I was at Star Tours a few weeks ago, the queue was empty - except for bottles, wrappers and other trash strewn throughout the queue. I was shocked how incredibly dirty it was allowed to become (working at "the other place" seems like we're always sweeping or emptying trash cans when we're not in a rotation). This was definitely NOT the Disney I remember from even 2 years ago.

When I was at Star Tours a few weeks ago, the queue was empty - except for bottles, wrappers and other trash strewn throughout the queue. I was shocked how incredibly dirty it was allowed to become (working at "the other place" seems like we're always sweeping or emptying trash cans when we're not in a rotation). This was definitely NOT the Disney I remember from even 2 years ago.
I can't ever say enough good stuff about the Universal Team Members. People really seem to enjoy their jobs. I realize pay is low, but the TM's have always treated us with friendliness and respect. And the park is sparkling clean. You all deserve a pat on the back for a job well done. Thank you for treating us tourists as special people and making our vacations satisfying.:thumbsup:

The other thing is sweeps are one of the most important people for guest relations. They are often a first person the guest interacts with while in the park. It's not like they don't have value during certain times when there happens to be not as much trash around.

The other thing is sweeps are one of the most important people for guest relations. They are often a first person the guest interacts with while in the park. It's not like they don't have value during certain times when there happens to be not as much trash around.
Agreed. At both Universal & WDW I've had many of them ask me if I needed help when I was looking at a map. And they generally volunteered an informative friendly conversation. Yes, your observation is right on.

Yup.

On the Custodial uniform, you'll notice the patch says "Custodial Guest Services". It's part of the job.