WDW Cuts and Upcharges | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW Cuts and Upcharges

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The other day while I was going into EPCOT it really struck me how much they must be spending on added security at the parks now. Not that that's an excuse for all these stupid upcharges, but it is something to consider.

The other day while I was going into EPCOT it really struck me how much they must be spending on added security at the parks now. Not that that's an excuse for all these stupid upcharges, but it is something to consider.

Going into Universal I was shocked to see signs explaining the process to guests and the general level to which they have their poop together compared to Disney.

Reactions: SeventyOne
And the security areas the Universal hotel guests go through to reach the parks (Water Taxis & walkways) are fast with virtually no lines. And the security people we've met are always very friendly and chat up a nice discussion. It hasn't been invasive at all.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Going into Universal I was shocked to see signs explaining the process to guests and the general level to which they have their poop together compared to Disney.

It does blow my mind too since UOR was always lambasted compared to other parks. Disney seems to be dragging their feet for months while UOR has effectively implemented a large security operation.

Its this way in Cali too. I never waited in a line more than 2 or 3 deep through security at USH. They have a big bank of metal detectors and just keep splitting the crowd to the shortest line. At DLR, I never waited less than 10 minutes and sometimes waited over half an hour. Regardless what time of day it was bad.