Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a really great shot above that shows just how exposed the back of the volcano is!

How will the erupting volcano actually work? Will there be a "pool" of water near the top of the volcano or plumbing running throughout the inside that blows it's load every few mins. Anyone know how Miss Tilly works at TL?

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Red arrow looks like the big one from the top of the volcano.
Green arrows look surprisingly long

Are these all meant to be skyboxes or just the red arrow? I'm not sure I'm brave enough for skyboxes but might be for the green arrow ones.

Attachments

• CqAIcexUMAAan8u.jpg
    CqAIcexUMAAan8u.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Mike S
There's a really great shot above that shows just how exposed the back of the volcano is!

How will the erupting volcano actually work? Will there be a "pool" of water near the top of the volcano or plumbing running throughout the inside that blows it's load every few mins. Anyone know how Miss Tilly works at TL?
I have the feeling the vulcano isn't done and a backside will be build.

upload_2016-8-16_19-51-43.png

I really hope that winding concrete path in the lower left is a 'rideable' water chute and not just a scenic stream. How nice would it be to have little hidden gems like this throughout the park. Not a major ride but just a little something to keep people entertained as a way to get around the park. Short and sweet. It is leading into the action river so I could see it as an 'action' entrance.

View attachment 2867

I really hope that winding concrete path in the lower left is a 'rideable' water chute and not just a scenic stream. How nice would it be to have little hidden gems like this throughout the park. Not a major ride but just a little something to keep people entertained as a way to get around the park. Short and sweet. It is leading into the action river so I could see it as an 'action' entrance.

It would be a nice way to join the lazy river.

Reactions: Joel
It was specifically for you. I feel like your daily morning updates on VB have now merged their way into my morning routine.

It's becoming difficult to book now with the thought process of: 'If I go next year, I can do VB and Fallon but if I go the year after I can do all that plus F&F and whatever else is still to be announced, if I go in 2019, I can do all the stuff at Disney too' It's an endless loop of new rides coming and picking the right time is becoming difficult.

I may as well ask everybody else what their thoughts are on VB now that enough time has passed since the latest announcement and with construction going at full speed.

Ha it is generally my morning routine to have a quick check for updates, I know what you're saying with regrding to book, we only went last year but only had 5 days as it was in conjunction with going to newyork too and 5 days trying to cram in all those parks and rides was exhausting. We fancied two weeks there next year but I'm not sure now I know what things are being built :bang:

View attachment 2867

It would be a good Idea but looking at the angle it would be entering the river wouldn't exactly be optimal entry to the current or safe for passing people in the river, that just makes me think is a normal path but don't get me wrong I like the idea and hope it is!

^ He has a good voice too, like midway mayhem.

A bad and awkward voice is much like the silent film era, where their voices killed their career when "talkies" came about.

Their are other vlogs that I actually scream at my screen, "SHUT UP!".

Reactions: Joel
You know, the same thing could be said for text. Especially when people use turns of phrase that haven't been used since the early 1900s.

But, I digress.

New aerial shots from MickeyXtreme...

CqAIXBlVYAAXtT4.jpg

CqAIcexUMAAan8u.jpg

CqAJBmmVUAE6-gL.jpg

Holy crap that last image is incredible. JUST LOOK AT IT. LOOK.

Water coaster
magma slides
skybox drop slide
double slides which drop into the pool

the size of the volcano.. I'm drooling over this picture.. (posted again for reference)

CqAJBmmVUAE6-gL.jpg

The park looks like it's going to be awesome! The only thing I notice that is missing is some open tube slides. I know many people that are claustrophobic and don't like the enclosed slides. From what I see all of the slides are largely enclosed. Has anyone seen any slides that do not have tunnels?

Status
Not open for further replies.