Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, maybe not often - but maybe say, they're in the shallow end of the wave pool and the wave knocks them over? I dunno, I was just giving some kind of example since head injuries are taken seriously over there. :)
So in the shallower ends of the wave pool have a rougher surface that gets smoother as it gets deeper. Then in the lazy river only have the entrances/exits rough. I'm no expert but I would think that the risk of slipping and falling is close to 0% when you're being supported by water. Problem solved.

Reactions: Journey_On
Okay, maybe not often - but maybe say, they're in the shallow end of the wave pool and the wave knocks them over? I dunno, I was just giving some kind of example since head injuries are taken seriously over there. :)

So in the shallower ends of the wave pool have a rougher surface that gets smoother as it gets deeper. Then in the lazy river only have the entrances/exits rough. I'm no expert but I would think that the risk of slipping and falling is close to 0% when you're being supported by water. Problem solved.

I would rather have a higher risk of slipping than hitting my head on that rough surface in the Typhoon Lagoon wave pool.

If you have a read through the full patent there is a large scope of wave types that can be used different areas of the pool at the same time, if the technology being used is the same as the patent then there is the possibility we could still get some good sized waves depending which ones are used. it is a pretty interesting read.

Patent if anyone wants a read: http://parkrumors.com/pdf/Multi-Directional Waves.pdf

It's hasn't been speculation since the press release with the concept video, they have been quoted by the press on multiple websites from that day as saying: “Volcano Bay will offer 18 unique attractions ranging from the daring to the serene,” said Alice Norsworthy, executive vice president of Universal Orlando Resort. “Including a multi-directional wave pool with sandy beaches, peaceful winding rivers, twisting family raft rides, speeding body slides that drop from the top of that volcano into the waters below and so much more.”

As a side note going back to the patents, I wonder if they will use the articulated water slide technology they patented for the following: 'The park's features will include "a state-of-the-art marquee attraction found only at Volcano Bay," the company said, with more details to come.' It is certainly plausible as some people are seemingly thinking the water coaster not mentioned maybe the attraction however its not exactly unique in terms of technology unless they decided to add the articulated tech to it! Who knows, I'm just speculating/dreaming.

Patent for Articulated waterslide: http://parkrumors.com/pdf/Articulated Waterslide.pdf

Thanks, totally spaced out on that. It's easy to forget what's proposed and what actually gets built.

Reactions: Joel and Dan B
Those Typhoon Lagoon big waves knocked me over many a time. Plus other people falling all over me on numerous occasions. Easy to hit bottom. Not counting waves eating my shades.

Reactions: Journey_On
I do not envy the lifeguards.

What are the odds that the VB wave pool will have bigger waves than TL?

I don't think the waves could get as big as this. I'm just speculating here, but once an artificial wave is created, it doesn't have the benefit of the constant force an ocean/tide puts on it. Artificial waves rely on the walls on either side of the water to help the wave keep it's height/shape.

I've always found the beach to be severely over rated.

Agreed. I can do a day or two and then I'm bored to death.

Agreed agreed. I live in Fort Lauderdale and only go when my girlfriend wants to. When we do go I bring the umbrella and my Kindle and usually don't see the sun unless we're playing Kadima (HIGHLY SUGGEST PLAYING THIS GAME, CAREFUL ITS ADDICTING).

Not great quality pictures but looks like the volcano is starting to extend upwards further towards the back now. :lock: slowly taking shape!

Wow, even between those 2nd and 3rd pictures the progress is huge!

All I could find from Friday/weekend:

Updates from Bireconstruct:

Cabana Bay view:

Nice angle fromt he open side of the Volcano, can see more steel has gone up on the left side and the slides are nice and clear in the middle:

This instagram video shows the steel well too however it is only a passing video:

Status
Not open for further replies.