Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always had the perception that one of the lazy rivers was larger and wrapped around the volcano and the pool for some reason, I was wondering why it wasn't appearing in the construction photos! In relation to the map above, does anyone know which one will be the more thrilling lazy river?

The lazy river to the left is "TeAwa The Fearless River" which is the crazy river or action river or whatever you want to call it.

This pic shows the action river at Aquaventure Atlantis Dubai. You can see the wave generator at 10 o'clock on the river loop. It has both the lazy and action rivers. You can see the longer lazy river encircling the Pyramid complex and action river.

You'll see this more and more as it always more flexibility than giant wave pools

aquaventure-water-park-prior-to-opening-big.jpg

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
vb view.jpg I think I've just noticed something very clever or sneaky by Universal depending on your view.

Looking at the view from in the bottom left hand corner concept, you should be able to see the water coaster but it's either been removed from the image, is perfectly blocked out by the raft conveyor system or that turn is going be something ridiculous like a hammerhead:

img_7722_578.jpg

That turn is already constructed. It is low to the ground and it is what appears to be the station. The ride 'ends' on the left with a decent drop out of the volcano with a little hop up into the run out lane about 20 feet in the air. will make a slow turn to the right and enter the station. There is a small but steep drop straight out of the station and into a long uphill section that runs towards the volcano.

Attachments

• 2016.08.10 - 02.jpg
    2016.08.10 - 02.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
That turn is already constructed. It is low to the ground and it is what appears to be the station. The ride 'ends' on the left with a decent drop out of the volcano with a little hop up into the run out lane about 20 feet in the air. will make a slow turn to the right and enter the station. There is a small but steep drop straight out of the station and into a long uphill section that runs towards the volcano.

That's slightly disappointing. :doh:

A few of the latest Photo posts on twitter:

(These mainly show the new CB towers but a couple close shots of the entrance structure to VB, more photos in the link of the tweet:

Reactions: Scott W. and Mike S
Looks like wild Gravity Travels will have a new website post up later today hopefully with more images so I will update this post when they send out a link. A couple pictures from them for now:

***UPDATED BELOW with web article and more pictures in the link***

Last edited:
Are you asking just me or everyone? :lol: I'm loving watching the development of the projects but personally I can't get too excited because my next trip wont be until things like star wars land etc are completed so its going to be years, unless I really can't be bothered to wait or lucky enough to afford another visit after then I will just go regardless.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Are you asking just me or everyone? :lol: I'm loving watching the development of the projects but personally I can't get too excited because my next trip wont be until things like star wars land etc are completed so its going to be years, unless I really can't be bothered to wait or lucky enough to afford another visit after then I will just go regardless.

It was specifically for you. I feel like your daily morning updates on VB have now merged their way into my morning routine.

It's becoming difficult to book now with the thought process of: 'If I go next year, I can do VB and Fallon but if I go the year after I can do all that plus F&F and whatever else is still to be announced, if I go in 2019, I can do all the stuff at Disney too' It's an endless loop of new rides coming and picking the right time is becoming difficult.

I may as well ask everybody else what their thoughts are on VB now that enough time has passed since the latest announcement and with construction going at full speed.

Reactions: Dan B
Status
Not open for further replies.