Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Few Photos I found this morning whilst scanning through twitter, nothing really new though other than a nice amount of rock work being sprayed in concrete. I love how small I thought those blue slide pieces were until this picture showing those tiny workers in the lazy/rapid river below! My perception of scale from all of these photos is always way off until I am reminded with a photo of someone stood next to something:

kind of like this:

28628032030_b247471848_c.jpg

:lmao:

I'm with you on this potentially being the opening for the lazy/rapid river and maybe the tower block being a wave generator if it is rapids, my previous post below lines up with identifying that area as a potential opening for a river. Sure hope it is.

Ah! It was you, @Dan B , not Teebin.

Sorry! Great initial spot.

Reactions: Dan B
This gave me a flashback to the neighborhood of Make-Believe from Mr. Roger's neighborhood.
misterrogers11.jpg
They actually have a tremendous children's attraction themed to Mr. Roger's show here at Idlewild Park in Ligonier, Pa, about 30 minutes from me. All of the characters are there, except for the great Fred Rogers of course, who passed away a number of years ago. I met him on a few occasions and he was one of the finest people you would ever want to meet. He was decades ahead of American society in valuing the worth of all people. There was no hate in that man.

They actually have a tremendous children's attraction themed to Mr. Roger's show here at Idlewild Park in Ligonier, Pa, about 30 minutes from me. All of the characters are there, except for the great Fred Rogers of course, who passed away a number of years ago. I met him on a few occasions and he was one of the finest people you would ever want to meet. He was decades ahead of American society in valuing the worth of all people. There was no hate in that man.
A kid was thrown from the Rollo Coaster wooden coaster today.

Boy Falls Off Roller Coaster at Idlewild Theme Park, Rushed to Hospital - NBC News

Don't know if this is news but the UO App has just been updated with the park map for Volcano Bay.
Wow, yeah. I do believe that is brand new. I think it is the first officially released art that includes the water coaster.

And I might be wrong, but based on this new park map, it would appear that the water coaster track weaves back and forth through the rock work of the volcano multiple times, if it is the green section of slide on the back half of the volcano.

Screenshot_2016_08_12_02_09_46_2.jpg

Last edited:
Why is that? We have heard the towers will be done in March, around the same time CB will be completed.

I think it's a little confusing to people who don't know otherwise. If they're at Cabana Bay and wondering where the towers are, they might think they're at the wrong hotel. I'd have put a coming soon sign or something over Volcano Bay as well.

Reactions: Joel
I always had the perception that one of the lazy rivers was larger and wrapped around the volcano and the pool for some reason, I was wondering why it wasn't appearing in the construction photos! In relation to the map above, does anyone know which one will be the more thrilling lazy river?

Status
Not open for further replies.