Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I am very sorry. You know they are good and they should be. I was so used to seeing the ones up almost every day I thought bio got a new lens. They are great and you deserve any acclaim due.

I am embarrassed I will be happy to get a round of drinks at HHN, pretty sure we will meetup there :hail:

Now I will slink off to get my eyes checked...... Again I am sorry.:doh:

Last edited:
Oh, I am very sorry. You know they are good and they should be. I was so used to seeing the ones up almost every day I though bio got a new lens. They are great and you deserve any acclaim due.

I am embarrassed I will be happy to get a round of drinks at HHN, pretty sure we will meetup there :hail:

Now I will slink off to get my eyes checked...... Again I am sorry.:doh:
No problem. Bio does great work. I just decided to drag out the DSLR for the first time in ages. But I will take that drink. I'm bad like that. :cheers:

317.jpg

Very curious how the backside of the volcano is going to look. I thought the volcano was nearing top off but this outrigger element is kinda odd at the moment. I am sure it will all come together nicely but right now looks funny. Anyone know how tall the structure currently is?

I am not convinced those twisting blue/green slides are the drop slides. I don't think they have finished the base yet and will add a run out lane. However, if they are the drop slides, you are going to be LAUNCHED off those slides! They look really fast!

I don't remember the slide name but there is another slide description from Universal that seems to describe these two slides perfectly. Time will tell though.

Reactions: Joel

Fantastic pictures, thanks for these. As previously said these really do show how large this thing is and those tiny steel's hanging from the crane... yeah I bet they are not as small as you think. Once the top is formed on this volcano it is going to look huge, the rock covering will also add some height, albeit not much. Going to be a great view from the top looking over the park.

317.jpg

Very curious how the backside of the volcano is going to look. I thought the volcano was nearing top off but this outrigger element is kinda odd at the moment. I am sure it will all come together nicely but right now looks funny. Anyone know how tall the structure currently is?

I am not convinced those twisting blue/green slides are the drop slides. I don't think they have finished the base yet and will add a run out lane. However, if they are the drop slides, you are going to be LAUNCHED off those slides! They look really fast!

I don't remember the slide name but there is another slide description from Universal that seems to describe these two slides perfectly. Time will tell though.
Yeah I think that thing has another 20-40 feet to go to top it off. It's big, but it's gonna get bigger!

Reactions: Mike S
Few Photos I found this morning whilst scanning through twitter, nothing really new though other than a nice amount of rock work being sprayed in concrete. I love how small I thought those blue slide pieces were until this picture showing those tiny workers in the lazy/rapid river below! My perception of scale from all of these photos is always way off until I am reminded with a photo of someone stood next to something:

The third picture of the tweet (the screenshot below), doesn't it look like parts of the base of Krakatau are extended pretty far out from the center. I won't if some of these "off-shoots" will be openings for the lazy rivers to enter the volcano.

I think someone (maybe @Teebin ) pointed out that small cement building might be a wave generator for the lazy river, and you can see the metal base extending out from the volcano directly to the left of the building. I know some slides will be built through these base-extensions but the wave-generating building makes me think its a lazy-river entrance.

ss 2016-08-11 at 9.19.22 AM.jpg

The third picture of the tweet (the screenshot below), doesn't it look like parts of the base of Krakatau are extended pretty far out from the center. I won't if some of these "off-shoots" will be openings for the lazy rivers to enter the volcano.

I think someone (maybe @Teebin ) pointed out that small cement building might be a wave generator for the lazy river, and you can see the metal base extending out from the volcano directly to the left of the building. I know some slides will be built through these base-extensions but the wave-generating building makes me think its a lazy-river entrance.

View attachment 2819

That's a good spot. I was originally going to say that they look like they're waiting to be craned into position but they''re already in place.

That building looks quite bizarre given how close the rest of the volcano is to it.

Reactions: Dan B and Joel

View attachment 2819

I'm with you on this potentially being the opening for the lazy/rapid river and maybe the tower block being a wave generator if it is rapids, my previous post below lines up with identifying that area as a potential opening for a river. Sure hope it is.

This is interesting because a while back I was examining the aerial pictures and it appears there maybe a route through the volcano for the lazy river however I never highlighted it on here because the steel frame was right in the middle of the route leaving me doubting my hope of a lazy river or rapids passing through the volcano.

If you look at the image below I know I have only used the vague concept art but it gives you an idea of what I am hoping for. I have highlighted where I think the entrance/exit is for a river using numbers 1 and 2. The only thing is the base height of the volcano in comparison to its surroundings leaves me a little skeptical still for rivers passing through. Would this also line up with what someone mentioned a few posts back asking if the tower at point 2 is another small wave generator for the rapids? it looks like a river would pass to the side of it if that was the case...

Anyone else got any opinions on the below? Again more guess work from me, probably going to be wrong, its more hope than anything!

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.