Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lucky you. I won’t be able to see it until Tuesday. LOL

Well I’m seeing it with a large group so it’ll be worth it.
I don't even have tickets yet, but there's many showings near me that are almost fully empty as of an hour ago around here so i'm not worried. There's a few movie theaters around me that no matter how big the opening weekend, they always have availability.

I just finished a rewatch of the original Spider-Man Trilogy in preparation for this movie. I plan to rewatch The Amazing Spider-Man movies and Homecoming/Far From Home as well, although i'm really more focused on the older movies that I haven't seen in awhile.On a rewatch, I think the original Spider-Man trilogy was a great look at Peter struggling through being Peter and juggling his relationship with MJ while still being Spidey in the city mostly.

I also think Spider-Man 2 stands up as one of the comic book genre's best films, right along with The Dark Knight, Joker, Logan, and Winter Soldier. If one of the Avengers films were to be put into that category, i'd say it would be Infinity War as I believe it to be the superior film to Endgame.

I just finished a rewatch of the original Spider-Man Trilogy in preparation for this movie. I plan to rewatch The Amazing Spider-Man movies and Homecoming/Far From Home as well, although i'm really more focused on the older movies that I haven't seen in awhile.On a rewatch, I think the original Spider-Man trilogy was a great look at Peter struggling through being Peter and juggling his relationship with MJ while still being Spidey in the city mostly.

I also think Spider-Man 2 stands up as one of the comic book genre's best films, right along with The Dark Knight, Joker, Logan, and Winter Soldier. If one of the Avengers films were to be put into that category, i'd say it would be Infinity War as I believe it to be the superior film to Endgame.
The last shot in Spider-Man 2 gives me chills every time. It was a total understanding of the material and the MJ and Peter relationship. Such a shame they messed all of that up with 3…

Reactions: jseal777 and Nick
The last shot in Spider-Man 2 gives me chills every time. It was a total understanding of the material and the MJ and Peter relationship. Such a shame they messed all of that up with 3…
I actually don't mind the first 80 minutes or so of Spider-Man 3. It's when all the symbiote/Venom stuff in the movie stuff starts to happen that it really takes a left turn.

Speaking of great scenes in Spider-Man 2, this fight scene between Spider-Man and Doc Ock was so beautifully shot and I love it every time:
62f6b11b21496813732a63bc3c10b042e742f486_hq.gif

tumblr_n82ih3bPTy1rrkahjo10_500.gif

Last edited:
I also just rewatched the Raimi Trilogy - and while I don’t despise 3 as I used to, it’s still pretty bad. I just hate the New Goblin stuff, the Sandman retcon, and of course, Venom. The MJ/Peter relationship issues also bordered on contrived. I personally would’ve just made Sandman the opening baddie with no ties to Peter’s backstory and shifted focus on Harry/Goblin since that’s what they were building towards for the whole trilogy.

Reactions: Nick and SeventyOne
I also just rewatched the Raimi Trilogy - and while I don’t despise 3 as I used to, it’s still pretty bad. I just hate the New Goblin stuff, the Sandman retcon, and of course, Venom. The MJ/Peter relationship issues also bordered on contrived. I personally would’ve just made Sandman the opening baddie with no ties to Peter’s backstory and shifted focus on Harry/Goblin since that’s what they were building towards for the whole trilogy.
I had some issues with the MJ/Peter relationship, but overall I thought they did fine. I thought the worst thing they did the whole trilogy was have her get engaged, full on have a wedding, and then skip it for Peter. THAT felt contrived. I almost would've liked it more if she just got married, then Peter could've had a meaningful relationship with Gwen in 3 beyond making MJ jealous.

Reactions: Brian G.
I had some issues with the MJ/Peter relationship, but overall I thought they did fine. I thought the worst thing they did the whole trilogy was have her get engaged, full on have a wedding, and then skip it for Peter. THAT felt contrived. I almost would've liked it more if she just got married, then Peter could've had a meaningful relationship with Gwen in 3 beyond making MJ jealous.

Yeah she wasn’t great in 2 either. She’s the worst written character of the trilogy.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
Yeah she wasn’t great in 2 either. She’s the worst written character of the trilogy.
My biggest problem with MJ is how outlandishly selfish both her and Peter get in 3. Like she’s always been mildly into herself, but Peter hardly ever has. Then in 3 it’s like he has the biggest ego ever and MJ can’t stand anyone paying attention to anyone but herself.

Reactions: Freak
I think Peter Parker’s “world” is probably one of the worst aspects of the MCU. The characters surrounding Peter (MJ, Aunt May, Flash) don’t feel like they really belong in a Spiderman universe. I guess their mindset was that they wanted to change things up a bit, but their personalities (more so with MJ) feel the weakest in this rendition. It’s unfortunate because the MCU is where they should’ve really been more spot on with all of that.

I'm so glad others have rewatched Spiderman 2 and still love it

My GF and i watched it and Dam, what a movie just works so well. The love stuff is meh but the action, story, characters and acting is really well done and holds up. I will not rewatch Spiderman 3 because ive seen clips and it doesn't hold up its just too silly and the director being forced to use venom is really what killed that film

I think Goblin 2 and Sandman would have been more than enough for that film

Reactions: belloq87
Just got back from watching it, my spoiler free review O M G :grin:
Trying to tread water when asking this but I know a few others who feel the same way....

I’m not a spidey nerd like others, I feel I know some things already, to the point it feels I got a decent idea of how this film is gonna turn out? Idk if you can answer but maybe I’m being ignorant to plot but I feel I know what this movie will be like already.

Which, is probably amazing comic book fun, but I don’t feel the need to rush to see it for risk of being spoiled since I have been on a few things? Idk if this is invasive so mods delete if ya want.

I can't really say anything without spoiling stuff

If you want to know anything just shoot me a dm and I will answer what I can

Last edited:
AMAZING.

Loved it. Wife complained about the pacing a little, but I thought it was great. Laughs, tears, and plenty of "OMG SQUEEEEEEE" moments.

The mid-credits was a bit "oh, is that it?", but the post-credits trailer :up:

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
So watched the Two Marvel Spiderman films and while I'm still not that into Tom Hollands Spiderman I will admit the films are better then I give them credit for.

I still prefer when Spiderman on his own with his villains being linked to him more but Vulture is one of the best MCU villains for sure, and while I think the ending of Far from home goes on too long the cool parts of the Holo Gram fights are badass they just have some filler parts that I would cut. Like the Train fight in Spiderman 2 is pretty much perfect and doesn't have to go on for lik3 30 mins to be epic

Anyway I enjoyed the teachers in the first two films because they are some of my favorite comedians who would never be in the MCU other wise, the two films have great villains and some cool lessons.
Hoping that I love this film as much as others are but do want to point out....Into the Spider Verse was called the best spiderman film when it came out and this film is already being called better than it...to me I hate hearing that. Like its been a day, how do we know its the best without time to pass from the new car scent?

I'm sure its a great film but always hate when its called "the best" after one viewing with other hyped fans....like until I watch it alone at home by myself I dont know if its really a top movie yet but just my two cents. in less than 24 hours I'll see how much of the hype is real

Best of the MCU Spidey films, rather easily.

Defoe and Morina are excellent here. You realize how much they elevated the Raimi films.

Even with his limited time in the mask here, reaffirms my belief that Andrew Garfield was the best Spider-Man, just wasted in one mediocre and one god-awful movie.

There's probably a dozen plot holes you could fly a Quinn Jet thru, but the emotion carries you through the story so you don't ponder them until you're 5 minutes out of the theater. Ultimately it's very comic booky, and that's what this film needed to be. Will be at the top of a lot of 2021 "Best of" lists.