Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean two things

1) I am not a fan of this Peter Parker or the other films
2) This trailer showed two jokes...that just make this feel like a Sony Film and less MCU...when MJ says "say please" and making fun of doc Ock...I just didnt find those funny which reminds me of the human in Venom films

Next Spiderman and Batman both have the best Rogue's Galleries EVER...but to just throw in 6 villains who aren't even Connected to this Peter and literally have zero beef with him or this Earth makes things feel less personal, which is why BTA series back in the day works and so on.

I'm sure most people here will enjoy it but from this trailer it seems like soooo much is going on it could be another spiderman 3. Plus I keep seeing IGN writing articles about how many script changes this film had, I think reworking stuff is good but they had an article saying daily script rewrites at times and the ending was thought up on set. I hope its good...I'm literally playing through The two new Spiderman games on Ps5, watching Spectacular Spiderman series (again) and rewatching the Toby Spiderman films getting ready for this...I want it to be good but like the Star Wars Sequels me wanting and a film being great don't always mix.
I admit both of those jokes weren’t funny. Although I’m at least hoping there’s some context to the Scooby-Doo joke and it’s not just a bad dad joke.

Jeremy Jahns had something to say on the Doc Ock joke, and basically said Doc Ock should respond something like “Oh, we’re making fun of names now? Is that what we’re doing Penis Parker?” or else what is the point of wasting time making such an unfunny joke? I mean sure, Doctor Octopus is a ridiculous name, but c’mon.

I admit both of those jokes weren’t funny. Although I’m at least hoping there’s some context to the Scooby-Doo joke and it’s not just a bad dad joke.

Jeremy Jahns had something to say on the Doc Ock joke, and basically said Doc Ock should respond something like “Oh, we’re making fun of names now? Is that what we’re doing Penis Parker?” or else what is the point of wasting time making such an unfunny joke? I mean sure, Doctor Octopus is a ridiculous name, but c’mon.
I'm hoping these lines are "false" lines like what they have done before in other trailers for Marvel films

Anyway...im hoping for the best...but its Sony Film I dont trust

Everyone is waiting for Andrew Garfield and I’m suddenly wondering, “Has anyone asked Emma Stone if she’s playing Spider-Gwen?”

It would actually explain why Electro (and Lizard) don’t look like they “should;” Because it’s a variation on the Garfield universe.

Last edited:
Everyone is waiting for Andrew Garfield and I’m suddenly wondering, “Has anyone asked Emma Stone if she’s playing Spider-Gwen?”

It would actually explode why Electro (and Lizard) don’t look like they “should;” Because it’s a variation on the Garfield universe.
I am so thankful electro looks different. Not a big Foxx fan in the first place but they really did his whole character wrong in TASM2 from his backstory to his awful CGI. The fight in the power plant thingy was great, but everything else about that character needed a rewrite. Even the green goblin suit looks *slightly* different. I think its the eyes.

I am so thankful electro looks different. Not a big Foxx fan in the first place but they really did his whole character wrong in TASM2 from his backstory to his awful CGI. The fight in the power plant thingy was great, but everything else about that character needed a rewrite. Even the green goblin suit looks *slightly* different. I think its the eyes.
I agree - I personally can’t stand Jamie Foxx, but the look of the character this go around got me excited.

Insane idea: What if they’re bringing Gwen Stacy but the twist is she’s head over heels for a certain Spider-Man villain (referencing a rather infamous storyline from the comics)?

It's crazy to me how no one seems to be talking about Venom as a potential member to fill out a Sinister Six. After the Venom 2 post-credit and rumors/partial confirmation about what's gone on with production of NWH, I feel almost as confident that Tom Hardy will show up in this movie as Venom as I do about Andrew and Tobey.

It's crazy to me how no one seems to be talking about Venom as a potential member to fill out a Sinister Six. After the Venom 2 post-credit and rumors/partial confirmation about what's gone on with production of NWH, I feel almost as confident that Tom Hardy will show up in this movie as Venom as I do about Andrew and Tobey.
On one hand yes, but I also don’t know how you weave that in and explain why he’s bad without further bloating this already ridiculous large film. I also feel like Sony wants to have a hook for Spider-Man 4 and by having Venom in this, there’s literally nothing they can bring to the table that will close in on the epicness of NWH.

I'm willing to put money on the table in that Venom will not be in the main plot of the film, but will be present in the first post-credits. With it not that far off from what they did with Far From Home's cliffhanger.

Insane idea: What if they’re bringing Gwen Stacy but the twist is she’s head over heels for a certain Spider-Man villain (referencing a rather infamous storyline from the comics)?

Never say never, but I'm pretty sure Emma Stone was pregnant during production of the film (she had to drop out of another movie at around the same time because of it). So if she were to appear, I would be shocked if it's anything more than an extremely brief cameo.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
TV spots that have been airing have a bit more previously unseen footage in them. A good compilation here:

So it was pointed out that NWH is opening in 11 countries on December 15th and in 17 countries on December 16th (so 28 countries total). So for all of us in countries where the film opens on the 17th, it's either gonna be spoiler heaven if that's your thing or a fight to avoid full plot leaks before seeing it on your own for the first time. What an idiotic way to open the film.

So it was pointed out that NWH is opening in 11 countries on December 15th and in 17 countries on December 16th (so 28 countries total). So for all of us in countries where the film opens on the 17th, it's either gonna be spoiler heaven if that's your thing or a fight to avoid full plot leaks before seeing it on your own for the first time. What an idiotic way to open the film.
Just take a break from the Internet for a couple days, man.

I JUST saw No Time to Die this week and didn’t know it was gonna end the way it did. Granted, those two movies aren’t necessarily the same tier of hype but I’m sure everything will be fine lol

It doesn't matter that some places get it on the 15th instead of 16th. Due to the way timezones work some places will always get the movie 1st because they change days before other places. If you don't want spoiled then be smart, stay away from social media (which everyone needs to do more of), and other places where you know spoilers will be. A day or so of being less connected to the internet is good, you will likely find yourself in a better mood.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Wanted to clear up the above that I posted by posting the full comment Amy Pascal made, which is being omitted from most outlets.

“This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel — [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie,” Pascal says. “We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel, it just isn’t part of… we’re thinking of this as three films, and now we’re going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies.”

Most are leaving out the part where she says "it just isn't part of...", which seems to be her catching herself slipping up. She clearly says this isn't the last MCU movie, but based on comments Feige has made in the past about Spider-Man being able to hope between Cinematic Universes and now this, it has me wondering what exactly she was going to say.

It's possible she was catching herself on a spoiler from NWH. What I am assuming will happen is that the new trilogy won't be exclusive to the MCU, meaning it will be a shared trilogy between the Sony Spider-verse and the MCU. And we should finally see a live-action adult Spider-man story, which is great.