Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something I forgot to mention: I’m not sure if this was done purposefully or not, but I enjoyed what seemed to be a reverse callback to the 2002 Spider-Man towards the end of the film when Electro is cured.

In the OG Spider-Man, I’m referring to how Goblin pretends to be regular Norman and begs Peter for help before ultimately killing himself. In this movie, Doc Ock was cured very early on, but fights against the Spider-Men initially to be a dick in essence. He goes from acting bad to curing Electro in the blink of an eye. I knew he had been cured when he was seeming against them, but part of me had wondered if the chip fried again in that moment.

Reactions: Nico
Molina is probably outside of Holland and Willem, the best actor in this. The way he conveyed Otto and the various personalities over the course of the film; as-well as making him feel completely be natural; is probably the biggest. Willem excells in what he does best for Norman, and Holland's breakdown over May's death is fantastic. But the most consistently high actor outside of those two, and outside of Andrew (Who worked his butt off) goes to Molina. Really hoping we see more of him sooner than later in other Marvel projects.

Meanwhile, to throw this out here: BO estimates are going -higher- than some previously thought; with estimates ranging around 230-250 million on the domestic level.

Additionally, Spider-Man 4 is now being confirmed to be in some form of development.

Maybe they dont want to do it...but I would give so much for Toby getting a Spiderman 4. Honestly I would even be up for a new Andrew lead Spiderman...maybe one where he meets Spider Gwen

No clue if besides maybe showing up in Spider verse if Andrew/Toby are done. Or if they would want to have more adventures as the character now

Reactions: imagin78
Wait just thought of something…how did Electro come into the MCU? The other villains all knew who Spider-Man was, but he didn’t. He even says “oh damn, I hoped you would be black” when he takes off his mask.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Wait just thought of something…how did Electro come into the MCU? The other villains all knew who Spider-Man was, but he didn’t. He even says “oh damn, I hoped you would be black” when he takes off his mask.

It’s possible he knew it in name only but otherwise - yeah, it’s a little plothole.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Maybe they dont want to do it...but I would give so much for Toby getting a Spiderman 4. Honestly I would even be up for a new Andrew lead Spiderman...maybe one where he meets Spider Gwen

No clue if besides maybe showing up in Spider verse if Andrew/Toby are done. Or if they would want to have more adventures as the character now
So, I’ve already heard that Sony loved the way the movie came out and the reception to Andrew especially. I’m not sure how willing to do it he is, but Sony is never one to pass up a money making opportunity if it’s on the table and I think they would absolutely love to have both an MCU Spider-Man and a Sony-verse Spider-Man going at the same time, especially if Garfield was the Sony-verse Spidey.

Also, there seems to be some indications that Tobey was supposed to die at the hands of Goblin at the end, but they reshot the scene in order to keep him alive, as supposedly Kevin Feige has an interest in bringing the two of them back for Secret Wars.

What a crazy and fantastic experience this film was. This was the first time I got to experience a film with an excited audience, which made me so proud to be a part in of this! Dafoe is an absolute madman in this film, and I personally felt he was way more terrifying here than the 2002 film.
If its ever possible in the future, it would be AMAZING to see Maguire and Garfield’s Spider-Man as a character in Avengers Campus. Better yet, throw in Goblin, Doc Ock, and Electro, and have a meet n greet for the next Halloween special.

Quick question about the final scene. Tried looking at it through better videos, but is his new suit logo supposed to Maguire on the front and Garfield on the back as tribute for them? Or is it simply a new logo he made?
Definitley looking forward to the new trilogy! First this, then Spider-Verse 2, and Spider-Man 2 PS5? What a time to be a Spidey fan!
So, I’ve already heard that Sony loved the way the movie came out and the reception to Andrew especially. I’m not sure how willing to do it he is, but Sony is never one to pass up a money making opportunity if it’s on the table and I think they would absolutely love to have both an MCU Spider-Man and a Sony-verse Spider-Man going at the same time, especially if Garfield was the Sony-verse Spidey.

Also, there seems to be some indications that Tobey was supposed to die at the hands of Goblin at the end, but they reshot the scene in order to keep him alive, as supposedly Kevin Feige has an interest in bringing the two of them back for Secret Wars.

Woah, I must’ve been out of the loop when it comes to Marvel news, but where did you hear about the whole Secret Wars rumor?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
What a crazy and fantastic experience this film was. This was the first time I got to experience a film with an excited audience, which made me so proud to be a part in of this! Dafoe is an absolute madman in this film, and I personally felt he was way more terrifying here than the 2002 film.
If its ever possible in the future, it would be AMAZING to see Maguire and Garfield’s Spider-Man as a character in Avengers Campus. Better yet, throw in Goblin, Doc Ock, and Electro, and have a meet n greet for the next Halloween special.

Quick question about the final scene. Tried looking at it through better videos, but is his new suit logo supposed to Maguire on the front and Garfield on the back as tribute for them? Or is it simply a new logo he made?
Definitley looking forward to the new trilogy! First this, then Spider-Verse 2, and Spider-Man 2 PS5? What a time to be a Spidey fan!

Woah, I must’ve been out of the loop when it comes to Marvel news, but where did you hear about the whole Secret Wars rumor?
Like I doubt it but we also have that new animated Spider-Man film and into the spider verse tv shows

maybe one of both are also really good but the last Spider-Man shows since Disney took over are very tame Alf boring compared to what came before them
So it’s a coin toss

honestly the games made me at least have a Spider-Man I love but after this film I’ve got both

So I know a lot of people had questions about how the hell Eddie Brock made it into the universe if he didn't actually know Peter Park was Spider-Man. It definitely is confusing when you first think about it, but after my second showing last night, i'm pretty sure that the only way it's possible is if the 2007 Spider-Man 3 Venom and Tom Hardy's Venom are somehow connected.

Sure, Hardy's Brock didn't know Peter and didn't even know Spider-Man until the post-credit scene, but what if the symbiote was transferred from the Topher Grace version of Brock/Venom? Then on a technicality, that symbiote knows who Peter Parker is and knows he's Spider-Man (Tobey freakin wore the symbiote attached to his suit), so while Hardy's Brock doesn't know, Venom knows.

Reactions: randompixel
So I know a lot of people had questions about how the hell Eddie Brock made it into the universe if he didn't actually know Peter Park was Spider-Man. It definitely is confusing when you first think about it, but after my second showing last night, i'm pretty sure that the only way it's possible is if the 2007 Spider-Man 3 Venom and Tom Hardy's Venom are somehow connected.

Sure, Hardy's Brock didn't know Peter and didn't even know Spider-Man until the post-credit scene, but what if the symbiote was transferred from the Topher Grace version of Brock/Venom? Then on a technicality, that symbiote knows who Peter Parker is and knows he's Spider-Man (Tobey freakin wore the symbiote attached to his suit), so while Hardy's Brock doesn't know, Venom knows.
Electro Makes less sense. I was pretty sure he didnt know who he was in the film and looked it up...yep he had no idea....hence the Joke he made in the film

yes yes we have Multple Andrew's in theory so it can make sense but werid the other 4 knew who Peter was in the movies but not Electro

Electro Makes less sense. I was pretty sure he didnt know who he was in the film and looked it up...yep he had no idea....hence the Joke he made in the film

yes yes we have Multple Andrew's in theory so it can make sense but werid the other 4 knew who Peter was in the movies but not Electro
Considering there was the joke about it in the film, I have to think Feige will be asked about it at some point and hopefully give a reasoning that makes sense, but I honestly I don't care too much. The real reason was they wanted him to bring back all of the main villains from the first 5 Spidey movies and after he was done so dirty in TASM2, they really did him right in this movie so I don't really care about the nit-picky part about how he slipped though in this situation.

Question:
Was the actual arm piece with transporting tech that Strange gave to Peter the same type of arm piece as the Eternals had? It looked similar.

They establish in the Venom 2 post credits scene that Venom is able to think as part of a multiversal symbiote hivemind, therefore, Venom knows Peter because of Spider-Man 3's Venom.

So unless something comes out of no where

This will be my favorite film of the year.
I think about the film a good amount and watch clips on youtube when they show up.

Its also the first film in a while, that I can't wait to rewatch again on home video

No a perfect film but the fact it made me finally like Tom Hollands Spiderman is a big achievement in my book

Grain of salt, but if this is animated as is described, it’s definitely not out of the realm of possibility…
Apparently Tobey’s Spider-Man 4 being considered for an animated movie like Into The Spider-Verse.

Grain of salt, but if this is animated as is described, it’s definitely not out of the realm of possibility…
Apparently Tobey’s Spider-Man 4 being considered for an animated movie like Into The Spider-Verse.
I wonder how they could adapt the old movie
Rumored either vulture or lizard was the main villain but both already got adapted into films

so wonder if it will be the same “script” or just do something new

Saw this last night with like 20 people in my group. Had a great time. Talk about a dream come true for Spiderman fans. Def in my top 5 MCU films.

I am really happy they fixed many of the issues I had with Tom Holland's Spider-man. The fact that the spell has been casted to have everyone forget who Peter Parker and him losing the nano tech brings the character back to basics. No Iron Man Jr, just your friendly neighborhood Spiderman we all know and love dealing with the realities of life. Just him and his homemade suit. The only issue I have with the spell is why not have everyone forget Mysterio and not Spiderman? Maybe that's a plothole they could address.

Now I know Norman Osborne technically doesn't exist in the MCU as far as the characters are concerned, but I still would like to see a Norman and Harry Osbourne in the universe. MCU Norman could probably be a scientifically ambitious underdog who is trying to start Oscorp but is able to get a hold of Stark's tech in some way. Likely won't happen, but a man can dream right?

I also love how they handled Venom. Glad Hardy's character won't be in the MCU as he is the worst possible interpretation of Venom. I'm glad the piece of symbiote he left behind opens then door for a proper Eddie Brock in the MCU.

Oh, and Tobey and Andrew. They gave perfect closure and respect for those characters. I was never a big fan of the Andrew verse, but man, Garfield stole the show. So much so where I wouldn't mind seeing a third TASM.

I saw a Youtube comment that this is basically the closure of the "origin story" trilogy for Spider-man. That's basically what it is.
Freaking loved this movie. Haven't felt this good in the cinemas in a loooong time. Will for sure be seeing this again.

Saw this last night with like 20 people in my group. Had a great time. Talk about a dream come true for Spiderman fans. Def in my top 5 MCU films.

I am really happy they fixed many of the issues I had with Tom Holland's Spider-man. The fact that the spell has been casted to have everyone forget who Peter Parker and him losing the nano tech brings the character back to basics. No Iron Man Jr, just your friendly neighborhood Spiderman we all know and love dealing with the realities of life. Just him and his homemade suit. The only issue I have with the spell is why not have everyone forget Mysterio and not Spiderman? Maybe that's a plothole they could address.

Now I know Norman Osborne technically doesn't exist in the MCU as far as the characters are concerned, but I still would like to see a Norman and Harry Osbourne in the universe. MCU Norman could probably be a scientifically ambitious underdog who is trying to start Oscorp but is able to get a hold of Stark's tech in some way. Likely won't happen, but a man can dream right?

I also love how they handled Venom. Glad Hardy's character won't be in the MCU as he is the worst possible interpretation of Venom. I'm glad the piece of symbiote he left behind opens then door for a proper Eddie Brock in the MCU.

Oh, and Tobey and Andrew. They gave perfect closure and respect for those characters. I was never a big fan of the Andrew verse, but man, Garfield stole the show. So much so where I wouldn't mind seeing a third TASM.

I saw a Youtube comment that this is basically the closure of the "origin story" trilogy for Spider-man. That's basically what it is.
Freaking loved this movie. Haven't felt this good in the cinemas in a loooong time. Will for sure be seeing this again.
I like how the movie seems to set up Peter basically as the one we saw at the beginning of the Insomniac game with him heading into adulthood all by himself and hopefully him and Miles colliding along the way.

Reactions: Freak
I like how the movie seems to set up Peter basically as the one we saw at the beginning of the Insomniac game with him heading into adulthood all by himself and hopefully him and Miles colliding along the way.
Vulture running some sort of Sinister 6, Peter only able to beat them with the Venom suit but turns him against Miles would be a really great story if they choose to go that route

Through 10 days, NWH is projected to have made $467M domestic and 1.05B Worldwide (without China).

So far, domestically, No Way Home is pacing $14M above Infinity War to this point in it’s run and Infinity War had a fairly week middle of the week during its second week. Meanwhile, with many in the US on vacation and having time off, these coming days before it’s third weekend seem on pace for a very good week before an extremely uncompetitive weekend.

I feel like this movie ends around $1.3B-$1.4B even without China. If China releases it, I could see it going to $1.6B.