Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Through 10 days, NWH is projected to have made $467M domestic and 1.05B Worldwide (without China).

So far, domestically, No Way Home is pacing $14M above Infinity War to this point in it’s run and Infinity War had a fairly week middle of the week during its second week. Meanwhile, with many in the US on vacation and having time off, these coming days before it’s third weekend seem on pace for a very good week before an extremely uncompetitive weekend.

I feel like this movie ends around $1.3B-$1.4B even without China. If China releases it, I could see it going to $1.6B.
I honestly wonder where we would be at if Sony had released this film pretty much world wide at the same time...i hear many countries were left out until next year and sure people will see it but some of the hype will be gone by then because of leaks

I honestly wonder where we would be at if Sony had released this film pretty much world wide at the same time...i hear many countries were left out until next year and sure people will see it but some of the hype will be gone by then because of leaks
They weren’t left out because Sony chose to do it that way, though. COVID has closed theaters in some countries.

They weren’t left out because Sony chose to do it that way, though. COVID has closed theaters in some countries.
Didn't know that

Just seen lots of people online complaining the film is not coming out where they are out until next year

More on the NWH box office... It did have a big 2nd Monday box office as I expected (~$24M compared to Infinity War's $8M 2nd Monday). Here's a chart i've been tracking that I put together of films I deem comparable to it. I feel like it has a decent chance of falling in between Endgame and Avatar domestically (although it may come up just short of Avatar). Every film on this list except Black Panther is a $2B earner. I'm not going to say that's completely off the table, but with Covid and with a China release uncertain, i'm thinking the film finishes around $1.6-1.7-B WW if it doesn't open in China.

As you can see from below, NWH is pacing only behind Endgame and The Force Awakens. Whoever made the decision to move the film to the holiday release time was extremely smart.
fi8xTh2.png

So in another forums im in, I saw people asking if Disney Dominance is good or bad for Theathers/movies. To me Spiderman is a good thing, if we lived in a world without Spiderman we'd just have a depressingly low Christmas weekend

Normally i'd say if Variety is reporting on it, it's pretty safe to assume it's true, but when you actually read this article, it's filled with what seems to be a bunch of speculation. Either way, it's interesting to think about. I can definitely see something like this happening.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Interesting

Seems like a lot, would really like them to not make the mistake of last time and over shove things into a film. Also we are getting another Venom in the MCU....I just dont know why they don't go with another Spiderman story for him

Interesting

Seems like a lot, would really like them to not make the mistake of last time and over shove things into a film. Also we are getting another Venom in the MCU....I just dont know why they don't go with another Spiderman story for him
Sony wants and has wanted a Spider-Man to go along with their Venom for awhile.

Sony wants and has wanted a Spider-Man to go along with their Venom for awhile.
I understand and maybe its more then one film but Spiderman fighting 6 villains and venom in the same film? Just a lot when this film is also a kinda reboot

I just hope they don't try to add too much again. I think TAS 3 will have way more then enough themes and things to do without 7ish villains, same goes for Toby is he comes back. No needs to jam these films with more sandman and lizard villains as just side things in the film

I understand and maybe its more then one film but Spiderman fighting 6 villains and venom in the same film? Just a lot when this film is also a kinda reboot

I just hope they don't try to add too much again. I think TAS 3 will have way more then enough themes and things to do without 7ish villains, same goes for Toby is he comes back. No needs to jam these films with more sandman and lizard villains as just side things in the film
Lizard could be interesting in a Maguire movie since he now knows that Curt Conners (a character already present in his world) transforms into a villain.

What if the final lucid moments of Norman and Otto had before their deaths ("Don't tell Harry" and "I am not a monster") were BECAUSE they went to the MCU and got healed? That would keep everything in that continuity intact AND allow Tobey to just continue on with things.

Andrew in a Venom movie would certainly make us look back on the part of NWH when they are all talking about villains they’ve fought and Peter 3 says “I want to fight an alien…” with a lot more context. It was a funny line, but they also could run with it.

After this weekend, No Way Home's 3-day was $20.8M, which puts it at $698.7M Domestic, which is less than $2M behind Blck Panther for 4th All-Time at the domestic box office. It will pass Black Panther tomorrow with the 4-day looking to be around $26M or so, which will put NWH somewhere around $704M.

4th is probably the highest it will climb on the all-time domestic chart with the next film being Avatar at $760M. I just don't think there's enough gas left to scrounge up an extra $56M or so, however with a very weak release schedule, it's not 100% out of the question either. I see it finishing around $730-$740M since it's starting to slow down and I just don't see it legging it out that far, but it's within the realm of possibility still.

After this weekend, No Way Home's 3-day was $20.8M, which puts it at $698.7M Domestic, which is less than $2M behind Blck Panther for 4th All-Time at the domestic box office. It will pass Black Panther tomorrow with the 4-day looking to be around $26M or so, which will put NWH somewhere around $704M.

4th is probably the highest it will climb on the all-time domestic chart with the next film being Avatar at $760M. I just don't think there's enough gas left to scrounge up an extra $56M or so, however with a very weak release schedule, it's not 100% out of the question either. I see it finishing around $730-$740M since it's starting to slow down and I just don't see it legging it out that far, but it's within the realm of possibility still.

I think at this point, the question will lie on two things for this film potentially having a continued success-rate.

One being if they rerelease it if the film is nominated for Best Picture (Which has been something Sony and Marvel Studios are trying for this one), and for the worldwide; when/if China even happens. I do agree that the gas is slowing down, but I do think there could be a last bit of nitro added in if they rerelease the film with added scenes.

I think at this point, the question will lie on two things for this film potentially having a continued success-rate.

One being if they rerelease it if the film is nominated for Best Picture (Which has been something Sony and Marvel Studios are trying for this one), and for the worldwide; when/if China even happens. I do agree that the gas is slowing down, but I do think there could be a last bit of nitro added in if they rerelease the film with added scenes.
If China actually releases it, it has a shot at pushing $2B WW. I do not think it has a realistic shot at best picture, nor getting released in China though. The film is getting released for rental at the end of February, so people in China will just be able to pirate it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So I may end up being wrong, but I do think it will pass Avatar for #3 all-time domestic now. It only needs $23M more and it still has at least this coming weekend of bringing in okay amount (i'm guessing somewhere around $6.5M-$8M) and then it's just slowly work it's way to get there a month or two down the line, although if Sony wants, they could pick an empty weekend to go wide again in April or so just to put it over the top for sure.

I do think it will be very close, but Spider-Man will ultimately pass Avatar.

So I may end up being wrong, but I do think it will pass Avatar for #3 all-time domestic now. It only needs $23M more and it still has at least this coming weekend of bringing in okay amount (i'm guessing somewhere around $6.5M-$8M) and then it's just slowly work it's way to get there a month or two down the line, although if Sony wants, they could pick an empty weekend to go wide again in April or so just to put it over the top for sure.

I do think it will be very close, but Spider-Man will ultimately pass Avatar.
Time for your victory lap. It just happened yesterday.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick