Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 344 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder. Since this is an official thing, could we see an in park Luigi pull this move like Squidward famously did? Or would that ruin the specialness of that video?
tumblr_inline_ovevq19hQw1sck58m_540.gif

Yoshi, Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong are/were all that was slated for phase one.

However, recent rumors suggest they may be jumping right into future expansions for the KidZone Nintendo right off the bat. The expansion area I've been told about is actually kind of small, so I've wondered if it was just set aside for a flat ride and maybe play area.

This makes me think carousel.

After all, there was that Kirby carousel in the original proposal which then changed into a Yoshi carousel before disappearing altogether.

But maybe it didn't really disappear.

A carousel playing classic Mario tunes sounds way too good a thing to pass on forever. IMO anyway.

And that would make a nice little addition in between major expansions.(I'm still naively holding out for a Luigi's Mansion expansion that's probably never happening)
MK8-Line-Luigi-Blooper.gif

Notably, the HHN map has been released, and the Spring Tent location that would usually have an entrance at KZ has been relocated to over by MIB.

This may be something to point out, especially if KZ starts it's tiered closures soon.

Would they announce the KidZone closures ahead of time? Or are Curious George and Barney insignificant enough to just close them on any given day?

Those houses still have to exit somewhere though, and the parade building house has always exited through Barney in the past, so I think this is more of a crowd control move than anything.

A crowd control move to put two house entrances in a tiny little plot? seems like a pretty bad plan to manage crowds

Yes. The crowding issues are mostly caused by both tents having their exits constantly dumping people into the small area, in addition to Bill and Ted dumping nearby every hour or so. With the two exits moved elsewhere, there will be less people forced into the area.

Team members seem to think Woody's Nuthouse Coaster won't last to October, so who knows how much, if any, notice we'll get on closures.

Probably won't announce any more closings still after Monday. Focus on Dragons first, then move on to the next.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce all of KidZone to close same time. *Maybe Animal Actors hangs in there an extra month or two. Maybe. But I can see it all going bye bye at once. And soon.

Theoretically, they could dump people out to Springfield.
Unless it's changed, I think the animals live behind that Springfield gate next to Kwik E Mart. Not really a place you can funnel out guests. But that could've changed. Or they could be relocated (or evicted with the show closing) so I guess anything's possible.

Team members seem to think Woody's Nuthouse Coaster won't last to October, so who knows how much, if any, notice we'll get on closures.

Probably won't announce any more closings still after Monday. Focus on Dragons first, then move on to the next.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce all of KidZone to close same time. *Maybe Animal Actors hangs in there an extra month or two. Maybe. But I can see it all going bye bye at once. And soon.

I expect they'll announce some KidZone attractions closing once HHN starts up about a week or two before hand.

Reactions: Mike S
Someone is saying that KidZone might not be the location of Super Nintendoland... we will just call him DR S... Is he just blowing smoke???

Someone is saying that KidZone might not be the location of Super Nintendoland... we will just call him DR S... Is he just blowing smoke???
Maybe he knows something we don't know.

Maybe he knows some Universal Creative doesn't know?

I would love for a little clarification rather than vague hints though.

A lot of planning has already gone into the KidZone plot, so this is news to me, and seems unlikely.

I don't think he's blowing smoke...but I think some wires are getting crossed. I'm still sticking with Phase 1 of Nintendo going there. AFAIK the designs are more or less set, utility and construction planning are done, and from what I've heard TMs have been informed about impending relocations. Could all of this have changed in the past week or two? Sure. Do I think they did? No. As of last word all they're waiting for is the end of HHN to really start moving.

I think the talk of more Nintendo for other parks may be mucking up the works, but of course my gut feeling on today's posts could be wrong and Uni's decided to make Nintendo them flagship property for Park 3. Who knows.

If KidZone is still up and running with no announced closures by the end of 2017, you'll have your answer