Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

What are the chances we see this held annually near Universal once the lands open in Orlando and Hollywood?
Nintendo World Championships 2017 – Official Site

Make it open to the public with tons of game demos and other cool stuff to do in addition to watching the tournament and we'll have a winner on our hands.
Oh you mean like the third act of The Wizard where the big video game championship is at Universal Studios Hollywood?

Pretty much the entire second half of this trailer:

So, after catching up...

Zelda would be perfect like a Springfield-type expansion. In Springfield, you never see Evergreen Terrace, so you don't have to do the whole thing to make it immersive. I think Hyrule Castle Town and Hyrule Castle would be sufficient. You could even have the moat and drawbridge leading in from Hyrule Field to set it up like a secret land a la Diagon Alley. This is all based on Ocarina of Time (which I believe is the most quintessential of the Zelda games).

Also, where does the current rumor leave Animal Actors, Spongebob Storepants and ET? They're all attractions without a land. Why not just swallow them up whole? Repurpose FFL for AA for now and then eventually swing around and raze the whole section between London and Springfield for another full land.

Also, where does the current rumor leave Animal Actors, Spongebob Storepants and ET? They're all attractions without a land. Why not just swallow them up whole? Repurpose FFL for AA for now and then eventually swing around and raze the whole section between London and Springfield for another full land.
Animal Actors is going away for Nintendo Land. SpongeBob and ET will stay. I assume they become part of Hollywood. ET is a movie in a soundstage set so that works. And SpongeBob already has street parties in Hollywood so that works I guess.

So, after catching up...

Zelda would be perfect like a Springfield-type expansion. In Springfield, you never see Evergreen Terrace, so you don't have to do the whole thing to make it immersive. I think Hyrule Castle Town and Hyrule Castle would be sufficient. You could even have the moat and drawbridge leading in from Hyrule Field to set it up like a secret land a la Diagon Alley. This is all based on Ocarina of Time (which I believe is the most quintessential of the Zelda games).

Since Nintendo themselves have confirmed that the model set forth by BotW is what they'll continue to do with the series in the future I think OoT has been dethroned.

Animal Actors is going away for Nintendo Land. SpongeBob and ET will stay. I assume they become part of Hollywood. ET is a movie in a soundstage set so that works. And SpongeBob already has street parties in Hollywood so that works I guess.

So I think it's kinda awkward which ET attraction and Spongebob store should be part off then. Hollywood? There's already a Hollywood-like land called "Production Central" so naming it Hollywood doesn't make sense. Everytime an attraction is separated from the land it used to be, it has to be part of something.

So I think it's kinda awkward which ET attraction and Spongebob store should be part off then. Hollywood? There's already a Hollywood-like land called "Production Central" so naming it Hollywood doesn't make sense. Everytime an attraction is separated from the land it used to be, it has to be part of something.
but... Hollywood already existso_O I think what they are implying here is thatET and spongebob will become a part of Hollywood via relocated entrances. Not creating an entirely new land for these two attractions.

but... Hollywood already existso_O I think what they are implying here is thatET and spongebob will become a part of Hollywood via relocated entrances. Not creating an entirely new land for these two attractions.
The land gets extended to swallow up the last stragglers of KidZone.

A larger Hollywood would balance out the long New York at the north side of the park.

Plus, later Nintendo might swallow up these attractions so ET being part of Hollywood may only be temporary. Just a guess anyway.

I think your Confusing Hollywood and Production Central, as those are two different areas.

From original conceptual renderings of Super Nintendo World (which I will NOT put up because I don't want to be banned), the concept art shows that while ET and StorePants is still there, they seem to be at an area where it may be an exit of the land, similar to how Pandora has the exit from the land itself to Africa.

Now it's shorter mind-you, but it still makes a difference.

I think your Confusing Hollywood and Production Central, as those are two different areas.

From original conceptual renderings of Super Nintendo World (which I will NOT put up because I don't want to be banned), the concept art shows that while ET and StorePants is still there, they seem to be at an area where it may be an exit of the land, similar to how Pandora has the exit from the land itself to Africa.

Now it's shorter mind-you, but it still makes a difference.

I think they'll have to do more to reconfigure ET's entrance than what was shown in the old concept art. It being tucked back there is just asking for it to be overlooked.

I think they'll have to do more to reconfigure ET's entrance than what was shown in the old concept art. It being tucked back there is just asking for it to be overlooked.
Two exits from Nintendo land and one will be directly in front of ET's entrance. It may very well be busier than it's been since the 1990s after Nintendo opens.

EDIT: And as far as I've heard ETs entrance is not being rerouted. That's just a rumor/concept we've floated around here. But I don't think that's actually going to happen. They'll just be a path between Nintendo and ET/SpongeBob and they keep their old entrances. That path will need to be big enough to funnel out guests exiting Nintendo, so I imagine it will be fairly wide and always crowded.

Two exits from Nintendo land and one will be directly in front of ET's entrance. It may very well be busier than it's been since the 1990s after Nintendo opens.

EDIT: And as far as I've heard ETs entrance is not being rerouted. That's just a rumor/concept we've floated around here. But I don't think that's actually going to happen. They'll just be a path between Nintendo and ET/SpongeBob and they keep their old entrances. That path will need to be big enough to funnel out guests exiting Nintendo, so I imagine it will be fairly wide and always crowded.

Oh I don't think it'll be rerouted. But I'm willing to bet it won't be more crowded post Nintendo

Oh I don't think it'll be rerouted. But I'm willing to bet it won't be more crowded post Nintendo

The old plans show a Nintendo entrance/exit basically right in front of E.T., though. If that hasn't changed (and it well might have, I guess), it's not like E.T. is going to be invisible and out-of-the-way. It could be the last/first thing many guests see on their way in/out of the land.

I'm not saying I think Nintendo will necessarily move E.T.'s needle, but I don't think it's out of the realm of realistic possibility.

The old plans show a Nintendo entrance/exit basically right in front of E.T., though. If that hasn't changed (and it well might have, I guess), it's not like E.T. is going to be invisible and out-of-the-way. It could be the last/first thing many guests see on their way in/out of the land.

I'm not saying I think Nintendo will necessarily move E.T.'s needle, but I don't think it's out of the realm of realistic possibility.
As far as I know in the current plans there will be two exits from Nintendo and one will be right in front of where ET's entrance is now. The other will be in front of SpongeBob StorePants.

The entrance to Nintendo will be a warp pipe all the way out by the main pathway. Where what is now the courtyard in front of Animal Actors.