Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 345 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sure the designs are set...

Lots of job postings for various design and engineer jobs related to Nintendo in the last few months, ones that would presumably have say on the larger look/layout of the land beyond just tweaking a predetermined concept.

I'm not sure the designs are set...

Lots of job postings for various design and engineer jobs related to Nintendo in the last few months, ones that would presumably have say on the larger look/layout of the land beyond just tweaking a predetermined concept.
I think Design Development phase is well and done. They should be moving onto next steps by now.

I guess it's possible they ran into issues with that plot and are looking to relocate, but that's gonna mean we have to wait longer. So I choose to believe it's on target for KidZone and on schedule.

The only other option that I think they may seriously consider is Park 3. It's such a huge IP that saving it as a Potter-level draw to the South resort could be a smart idea, especially because IMO none of the proposed other Gate 3 IPs (FB, DreamWorks, etc) have that draw.

Reactions: snayberry
I think Design Development phase is well and done. They should be moving onto next steps by now.

I guess it's possible they ran into issues with that plot and are looking to relocate, but that's gonna mean we have to wait longer. So I choose to believe it's on target for KidZone and on schedule.

I feel like Kidzone is still very likely, but the implication seems to be the reason we dont have concept art for Orlando yet is because the final details of the layout and how it will look isnt finalized for Orlando yet.

I feel like Kidzone is still very likely, but the implication seems to be the reason we dont have concept art for Orlando yet is because the final details of the layout and how it will look isnt finalized for Orlando yet.
Yea, plans were definitely not final as of a month or two ago. But still a lot of work has been done. I'd say they're probably ready to clear and should be build ready by the time KidZone is leveled.

What if Nintendo isnt going to Kidzone and rather being the anchor for the new park while Dreamworks/Illumations takes over Kidzone?

Connect this with the Shrek closing rumor, add in a DMMM closing rumor, and sprinkle in the front of park redesign rumor and you could be on to something.

What if Nintendo isnt going to Kidzone and rather being the anchor for the new park while Dreamworks/Illumations takes over Kidzone?

Then in that case, Osaka and Hollywood could theoretically have Nintendo before Orlando..which is a shock to be honest.

I doubt it, but that would be something interesting; if SLoP replaces Shrek 4-D and either a full fledged Berk or Panda Village land takes over Kidzone.

Do we have a timetable for the 3rd park?

Originally, it seemed like Nintendo was going to directly counter SWL. That's not going to happen anymore. It looks like T2 replacement + HP Coaster (and F&F in a way) will take its place. In my mind, this means that Nintendo is going to take on the role of Avatar. Something that pops up a couple (emphasis on couple) years later to rival SWL now that some of the hype has died down.

I don't think Universal could build an entire new park in that time. Especially with all of the transit infrastructure they'll probably have to build.

Do we have a timetable for the 3rd park?

Originally, it seemed like Nintendo was going to directly counter SWL. That's not going to happen anymore. It looks like T2 replacement + HP Coaster (and F&F in a way) will take its place. In my mind, this means that Nintendo is going to take on the role of Avatar. Something that pops up a couple (emphasis on couple) years later to rival SWL now that some of the hype has died down.

I don't think Universal could build an entire new park in that time. Especially with all of the transit infrastructure they'll probably have to build.
I think Nintendo is set for 2020/2021 to counter WDW's anniversary stuff and new rides like Tron/Guardians. Plus, to really cement UO as a vacation destination (that can do more than just Potter well.)

If not KidZone then the only other possible spot would be Toon Lagoon. Closing that would be a capacity nightmare for IOA so I don't see that happening.

As outdated as they are, Popeye and Dudley still have long waits. Dudley is always an hour or more wait in the middle of the day. Also I would imagine they want to get a start on Nintendo asap and I don't see them doing it as the DC replacement is still under construction.

So to me it seems like KidZone or waiting until the 3rd park. That area is a ghost toen

I don't think he's blowing smoke...but I think some wires are getting crossed. I'm still sticking with Phase 1 of Nintendo going there. AFAIK the designs are more or less set, utility and construction planning are done, and from what I've heard TMs have been informed about impending relocations. Could all of this have changed in the past week or two? Sure. Do I think they did? No. As of last word all they're waiting for is the end of HHN to really start moving.

I think the talk of more Nintendo for other parks may be mucking up the works, but of course my gut feeling on today's posts could be wrong and Uni's decided to make Nintendo them flagship property for Park 3. Who knows.

If KidZone is still up and running with no announced closures by the end of 2017, you'll have your answer
Please no. I can't wait that long!!!
The only other option that I think they may seriously consider is Park 3. It's such a huge IP that saving it as a Potter-level draw to the South resort could be a smart idea, especially because IMO none of the proposed other Gate 3 IPs (FB, DreamWorks, etc) have that draw.
That's what Pokémon could be as well.

Reactions: E.Gadd
If it's staying in the Studios, and it's still not KidZone, the only viable plot is actually Men In Black. MIB proper is large enough for a couple smaller rights and still give access to a larger show building behind Simpsons.

And I had heard it may be on a chopping block as well.

This has really gotten ridiculously hard to track.

I'm sticking with Occam's Razor. The next large addition (not T2 or Shrek is going in to KidZone. They may wait until 2019 to do it (after SLoP and the T2 replacement so they're not removing all the "family" stuff at once), but KidZone is going.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
As long as it's on the same timeline I don't care much where it goes.

I think USO needs it more than the new park will though. The new park will bring it plenty of guests by itself just being an all new park while USO needs the rides that SNw will have.

As long as it's on the same timeline I don't care much where it goes.

I think USO needs it more than the new park will though. The new park will bring it plenty of guests by itself just being an all new park while USO needs the rides that SNw will have.

Personally, Universal needs more capacity as it is. They don't have the space as much, and that they have the land now to fully expand, and to give the northern property air. After Adventura, there isn't any real logistical place to put hotels, and from what it seems; the WNW project is one giant hotel that occupies the WNW Plot and the parking lot next to it. They need more space for not only theme parks, but hotels and out-park entertainment.