Most Overrated WDW Attraction? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Most Overrated WDW Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think Space Mountain as for me it was a massive let down, having been on the DLP version I expected more at WDW but it was just painful torture. I knew it was gonna be different but was still expecting an awesome experience instead it badly needs a refurb and some new track or cars or something to stop it almost killing you.
"Painful torture". Perfect description of the ride.

I think Space Mountain as for me it was a massive let down, having been on the DLP version I expected more at WDW but it was just painful torture. I knew it was gonna be different but was still expecting an awesome experience instead it badly needs a refurb and some new track or cars or something to stop it almost killing you.

Umm.. this is Space Mountain after the refurb. It went down for about 6 months back in 2009.

I didn't feel that Space Mountain was THAT painful. The most overrated WDW attraction is BY FAR Peter Pan's Flight. What a horrible, cheap and tacky ride. But really the worst part is the insane wait time it has. E.T at USF is soooo much better and it's always a walk-on

I didn't feel that Space Mountain was THAT painful. The most overrated WDW attraction is BY FAR Peter Pan's Flight. What a horrible, cheap and tacky ride. But really the worst part is the insane wait time it has. E.T at USF is soooo much better and it's always a walk-on
I definately agree with this. I'm really hoping that PPF gets the refurbishments that DL got, and soon. In fact, ALL of the Fantasyland dark rides need refurbs. (including Ariel, but that's moreso because the ride just stinks and doesn't really have a single thing that can be fixed) Pooh is okay, but I feel a lot of the segments (the dream one in particular) need some touching up, and by GOD, does IASW at WDW need some help. The DL one is okay for what it is from what I remember on my most recent visit, but the WDW one is terrible. It moves at a snail's pace, through scenes that have absolutely no detail, with a 60 second song loop in the background. Worst of all, it gets SO backed up. The entire last room (not counting the "Goodbye" room) was backed up last time I rode it. It's awful.

Speaking of WDW Fantasyland rides, I'm still kinda disappointed that we got an entire BatB themed area in New Fantasyland, but they wasted the space on an overpriced restaurant and a show. A trackless dark ride through Beauty and the Beast, including "dance" sequences like Pooh's Hunny Hunt through the "Be Our Guest" and "Beauty and the Beast" scenes, plus a decent amount of story joining together the scenes (in a better way then Little Mermaid, I'd hope) would be amazing and would have actually added more with New Fantasyland.

I can't envision IASW as being overrated since I doubt anyone has or had high expectations of the attraction. It is what it is, an average, at best, attraction.

Soarin' is the first to come to mind. It's not a question of overrated attractions, since every thing there is really pushed as being awesome in a way, but more or less of the attraction being a let down all together.
Kali River Rapids is one, when compared to Popeye. The Backlot tour when it was around, but to be fair, I don't think I ever rode it pre 2006. There's no way anyone could ever consider Space Mountain or Everest overrated. Both of them are great rides and one of those coaster's finale is working at least.

I can't envision IASW as being overrated since I doubt anyone has or had high expectations of the attraction. It is what it is, an average, at best, attraction.
Well, I wasn't saying it was overrated per say. I was just saying it needs some refurbs to stop it from just being downright boring.

I think all Disney coasters are overrated. They are either painful (Space Mountain), boring (Thunder Mountain), glorified dark rides (SDMT, Everest), or a combination of the three (Rockin' Roller Coaster). Each of these rides has a couple of elements that are outstanding, but as a whole they fall flat very quickly.

-Andy

^^^Disagree. BTMRR is one of the best rides Disney has EVER done, IMO. Space Mountain can be great, but needs a lot of love. I even think SDMT is a decent ride for what it is.

I will say that BTMRR is better at DL than WDW but at both resorts it really shines in the dark. It is a completely different and much more wonderful ride.

And as far as the rest of it goes, I think JS is spot on in his analysis so I will not bother to comment.

BTMRR is a great coaster and a wonderful introduction coaster for children
EE is still a pretty good coaster and the backwards section is fairly unique (down here)
SDMT was better than I expected
SM used to be fun. now it is just a lot of pain not sure if it is because I'm getting older but that ride legit scares me that it will sever my spine in half or force my internal organs into new and interesting arrangements
RRC I don't know why but I'm just not a huge fan, maybe it was because I was paranoid of the backpacks and shopping bags I was trying to hold in the seat, but I didn't enjoy it.

BTMRR at WDW is just okay. I agree that is boring. The Disneyland Paris version is soo much better.
Rock'n' Roller Coaster is fun as well as Space Mountain but none of them should be considered highlights.