Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Overrated WDW Attraction?

Mar 30, 2014
Massachusetts
What in your opinion is the most overrated attraction at Walt Disney World.

For me it's Soarin'. It's a great attraction when you first experience it, but it's not really worth a "re-ride" in my opinion. Its one of the top rides in Epcot with lengthy wait times and I just don't think it's anything too special to wait 120 minutes for.

Last edited:
Everest. I don't know how they managed to make such an epic-looking mountain coaster a snoozefest.

Everest. Parts of it are amazing, then it totally screws up with the forced perspective of the tiny village being ruined when the GIANT train passes it. That combined with the show building being visible as you enter the parking lot because they were too cheap to cover it with rock work and create a full mountain. And of course the non-working yeti, the complete lack of scenery inside the mountain where you just get to see bare steel framework.

I agree with Toy Story Midway Mania. There is absolutely nothing to the "ride", it's only purpose is to move you down each isle from screen to screen. Your essentially just playing a 3D video game.

I love Soarin', I could sit on that ride all day long, because it is so relaxing and I love the feeling of flying. Haven't been on TSMM, or Mission Space (and no desire to, on that one), or EE. I don't know, I used to love Space Mountain when I was much, much younger, but now, it just hurts to ride.

Is TSMM overrated? I don't really hear a lot of people singing its praises. Only reason it gets insane waits is because of the lack of attractions at DHS and its weak capacity.

For me, Soarin'.

You go to DCA and that same ride is getting 5 min waits.

Soarin or the Snow White mine coaster. Wait is forever on both and every time I ride them I do not feel the need to ride either again.

Soarin for me, didn't go on it till my most recent trip, glad I didn't waste a FP on it, people love it though

Its pretty close for me but I think most Overrated goes to Star Tours closely followed by Soarin' and then TSMM.

TSMM is kind of painful to be on that list because it should rank pretty high in my favorite rides based on its interactivity, but there isn't any reason for it to be a ride... just give me the game.

I think part of the reason TSMM gets large waits is it's "rerideabilty" factor. The ride itself is pointless but the game is pretty fun. If they set up a an arcade where you could walk in and play the games for 15-30 minutes straight I think it would be far more popular than the ride.

Soarin' by far. I don't find it very fun at all. I'm also going to disagree with those on the Everest bandwagon, despite disco yeti it is one of the most fun rides at WDW. Too bad it's in a park where I don't have much interest to do anything else.

The Haunted Mansion.....

just kidding..

I'll go with Soarin as well, went on it a few months ago, and didn't really understand the mass appeal. Made me less enthusiastic for Avatar.