Most Overrated WDW Attraction? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Most Overrated WDW Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not every attraction necessarily has to have a complex story tied to it or even one at all.

Even though Disney and its fans stress the emphasis on story in its attractions, most of the best Disney attractions don't have one at all.

Reactions: Cole
Even though Disney and its fans stress the emphasis on story in its attractions, most of the best Disney attractions don't have one at all.
Maybe the more vocal Disney fans in the podcasting/blogging community stress story, but other-wise, I don't see it.

I agree, most of their rides don't have a story or the story is very thin. But the crazy thing is the story isn't needed! Haunted Mansion, Pirates, IASW all have very thin stories if any real "story" at all. Most of them just have an overlying theme, not a story.

Your one of the only few who can say that, unique taste brother. I think you all are being to harsh on soarin. Most of the hate understandably comes from the line, the ride is fine though
I think we need an update but I love those drops lol

I've done both a bunch of times and prefer the Florida one way better lol

Could you expound on that? I thought DL space mountain was superior after the rebuild. I am really curious why you like WDWs better as I don't believe I have ever heard that voiced before. I have not ridden it myself so I have no opinion except that it looks nice and new on the inside now. :)

Could you expound on that? I thought DL space mountain was superior after the rebuild. I am really curious why you like WDWs better as I don't believe I have ever heard that voiced before. I have not ridden it myself so I have no opinion except that it looks nice and new on the inside now. :)
I've personally ridden DL's SM and while the track is smoother and they are able to sit two per row (and have on board audio), the ride leaves something to be desired with the track layout compared to Florida's. The ride is literally all turns and maybe one slight drop. What I love most about FL's version is the drops, that's what keeps me riding it again and again.

If I lived out there, I really don't think i'd ride it that often given what i've experienced from it. IMO, an updated SM is hard to pull off as SM is simply a wild mouse coaster in the dark.... there's only so much you can upgrade.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
I've personally ridden DL's SM and while the track is smoother and they are able to sit two per row (and have on board audio), the ride leaves something to be desired with the track layout compared to Florida's. The ride is literally all turns and maybe one slight drop. What I love most about FL's version is the drops, that's what keeps me riding it again and again.

If I lived out there, I really don't think i'd ride it that often given what i've experienced from it. IMO, an updated SM is hard to pull off as SM is simply a wild mouse coaster in the dark.... there's only so much you can upgrade.

I still prefer DL thanks to the audio, visuals, and seating arrangement, but I understand your drops opinion.

To give credit where it is due, DLP's version of SM trumps both US versions.

Also, to weigh in on the overrated ride thing, TSMM all the way. Given that they have this as a Wii game it just does not make sense to me.

Reactions: Nick
IASMW and Mansion are two of my favorite storied rides. Mainly because it isn't in your face.

Pirates was decent until they redid it.

I am surprised that many persons refer to IASW as animatronic, when it is nothing but unsynchronized electric motors set to specific yet constant speed. It might appear synchronized at times because motor repeats hit the beat for a short time on a few random motors, but it isn't really. It's just one massive NYC xmas window display.

But does it need to be anything more than that.

Not really. My observation was merely that it is not animatronic by Disney definition even though most assume it is.

I do think the attraction would work just as well as a terrorist interrogation tool as it does a theme park attraction. It nearly killed me yesterday watching a video of it. I have only ridden it once.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at WDW always has a long line, but I HEAVILY dislike the ride. The aiming is limited, the entire ride is generic, and some of the effects are just BAD. The Buzz animatronic in the line is bad, (although that entire display was curtained off on my most recent visit) and the vortex scene needs to go. I can't be the only person who dislikes this ride, right?

Reactions: Cole
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at WDW always has a long line, but I HEAVILY dislike the ride. The aiming is limited, the entire ride is generic, and some of the effects are just BAD. The Buzz animatronic in the line is bad, (although that entire display was curtained off on my most recent visit) and the vortex scene needs to go. I can't be the only person who dislikes this ride, right?

I mean, for a re-do of Delta Dreamflight (one of my favorite attractions as a kid!), I always thought it was okay. It's a tad better at the other resorts where it was built from scratch...but not by much.

I could see them re-doing Buzz like one of the dwarfs from SDMT.

Look at the post above yours...it's all about the drops man. DL Space Mountain has great lift hill effects and an awesome soundtrack but at the end of the day it's just turns in the dark. MK's has a much better layout, more interesting, less predictable and best of all three solid drops. Yeah it bangs you around a little but I mean, it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

I think Space Mountain as for me it was a massive let down, having been on the DLP version I expected more at WDW but it was just painful torture. I knew it was gonna be different but was still expecting an awesome experience instead it badly needs a refurb and some new track or cars or something to stop it almost killing you.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Space Mountain Paris is phenomenal! That launch through the roof, total darkness, inversions. Still a head banger, but soooo much better than the one here. I would love SM if it wasn't so damned uncomfortable to ride.