Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Overrated WDW Attraction?

I do like the old version of Test Track better. But that part at the end is still awesome, so I can't put it on my most over-rated list.

For me it's definitely Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. By far the shortest attraction with the longest wait time. The ride that was billed as MK's "next big thing" for three years turned out to be a kiddie coaster :shrug:

For me it's definitely Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. By far the shortest attraction with the longest wait time. The ride that was billed as MK's "next big thing" for three years turned out to be a kiddie coaster :shrug:

If it had actually opened with New Fantasyland, I don't think it would have gotten such a backlash.

Eh, even though it was disappointing, it's definitely a step above a kiddie coaster. I wouldn't wait for Barnstormer. I would wait for Mine Train.

For me it's Soarin.

I was so excited to get to ride this when my fastpass was ready - the moment I rode I was placed into the 2nd row. I was already let down because I was under the impression I was going to see people's feet the entire ride. That ended up happening, and it ruined the experience. Apart from that, it's just not really interesting either.

I was also a little underimpressed by Dinosaur believe it or not. I just didn't remember anything after it, and the motion got me a lil' sick. I think I'm in the minority here though

MK: Buzz Lightyear - After riding MIB, you just can't enjoy it...people seem to love it though

Epcot: Horizons has a glorious following and I'm not sure why...Also Test Track and Space are pretty overrated, good concepts that do nothing particularly interesting..

Hollywood: Midway Mania - 100 minute queues, bad capacity, not that great of an attraction for the Toy Story brand..

Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaris - I'm sorry, but I would put Rhino Rally at Busch Gardens above this...I get the point is to see the animals, but there is no real climax in the ride and it takes up a ton of space..

Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaris - I'm sorry, but I would put Rhino Rally at Busch Gardens above this...I get the point is to see the animals, but there is no real climax in the ride and it takes up a ton of space..
You would if it only still existed! :cry: I LOVED that ride. The water portion was better than many many Disney and Universal rides and more innovative than any attraction at AK.

You would if it only still existed! :cry: I LOVED that ride. The water portion was better than many many Disney and Universal rides and more innovative than any attraction at AK.

True, but the way they kept it open without the waterportion entirely was a sin.

Also the water portion was cool, but it was also quite short. Cool little effect though.

I agree. However, I have a slightly different most overrated.

MK: Peter Pan's Flight. I like it but I don't get the crowds. Probably related to capacity.
EPCOT: Maelstrom/Frozen. Just a so-so ride. I haven't ridden UofE or Mission Space and cannot compare them.
DHS: TSMM. Again, a decent ride but I wouldn't say that it is a "must ride".
AK: Tough. Probably Everest. It's fun but not the best coaster by far. With Yeti not working, it loses even more appeal.

Rides are tough to rate. I would be very curious to see which rides have the most re-rides and which do not.

I agree. However, I have a slightly different most overrated.

MK: Peter Pan's Flight. I like it but I don't get the crowds. Probably related to capacity.
EPCOT: Maelstrom/Frozen. Just a so-so ride. I haven't ridden UofE or Mission Space and cannot compare them.
DHS: TSMM. Again, a decent ride but I wouldn't say that it is a "must ride".
AK: Tough. Probably Everest. It's fun but not the best coaster by far. With Yeti not working, it loses even more appeal.

Rides are tough to rate. I would be very curious to see which rides have the most re-rides and which do not.
Ugh, Everest is a tough call for me...The ride queue is brilliant, the coaster is fun and gives you some great elements, the Yeti projection is fun...The only disappointment is the climax of the ride (interaction with the big guy) is absent..

for me even bad Disney rides are still well rid-able.so the worst ride would have to be one that almost never works or even when it works multiple elements are broken or just removed.With that being said id say dinosaur.

I found Haunted Mansion boring as a kid. To make matters worse, the ride always stops when I'm on it. I do like The Nightmare Before Christmas version.
I also was scared of Malestrom as a kid due to the troll that yells "Dissappear, disappear!" The Frozen version is a major improvement.

Soarin’ and Festival of the Lion King (technically not a ride but everyone seems to love this thing and...I just don’t get it.)

Space Mountain. That ride is so rough that I absolutely won't ride it anymore.....Soarin is OK, but not the great ride it's made out to be. I rode it and Fallon:Race Through NY on consecutive days, and would rate them even or Fallon a bit better. That's the film experience. And on the queue Fallon kills Soarin.

Put my vote down for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It'd be a great ride if the wait times were reasonable (15 minutes or less). But waiting an hour+ for that?

Soarin' is at least a cool experience. That line is too long as well, but at least it's unique. SDMT is basically a dressed up kiddie coaster.

And I've never understood all the hype for Peter Pan, either. It's fine for what it is, but definitely not worth the wait.

I agree that SDMT is the most hyped with the least delivery. Its just too damn short and the wait is waaay too long.
Same goes for NRJ at AK and FEA at Epcot. No way would I wait that long for such a short boat ride. And honestly, even with the cool AAs that they all have, its still not worth the hype/wait.