Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 726 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, seeing this is kind of cool. Basically the raptor runs out of the Raptor Encounter pen and straight out the launch towards the lagoon.

This comment reminded me of another name for the Coaster I had though of froma while back, in case Velcoicoaster doesn’t pan out: “Raptor Run.” I don’t know why, but I always felt that would be a fun, but simple name for the ride.

Reactions: Peter and Mad Dog
To those that have been- is the area looking much better with the raptor encounter side done and landscaped?

The double wall was absolutely atrocious. Like I was a pig headed to slaughter.
The pics with only one wall look so much better but I’m curious how that translates in person.

I will wait before judging until the project is done, but it's definitely hitting me now what people were saying about all that track in front, Never thought I'd be one if those lol. But I know universal knows how to blend and theme things very well, This coaster is gonna kill either way though I'm over the top exited!

It doesn't really matter if there is a mismatch of Jurassic Park or World.

Jurassic World takes place on the same island as Jurassic Park, there's a whole story line about the kids finding the old car.

Create a mismatch, if a guest says anything, just get Universal to say that the dinosaurs managed to escape and cause havoc but we managed to contain it and we're rebranding, exactly like the movie. Take it a step further and create a whole backstory. Not all the dinos were captured and you may still hear a few wild ones in the trees but they won't approach park guests. Sell 'retro' Jurassic Park t shirts and mugs, have TMs reference the incident unprompted.

I don't see this as a problem, I see an opportunity.

But the Jurassic Park island in IOA doesn't take place on Isla Nubar, it takes places on a new island called "Isla Aventura". However, I believe that fact is only still mentioned in a few easy to change places and a majority of regular park guests are probably completely unaware of the island's actual backstory - they just see it as an area of the theme park with Jurassic themed rides. Universal doesn't seem to acknowledge it at all on their website or promotional materials, so they could easily just pretend that whole backstory never happened.

But like you said, I honestly don't think a mismatch matters much either. We've seen the crossover in the movies so I don't think having both is really an immersion breaker. This is their opportunity to make a new backstory for the land and sort of reinvent it and I can't wait to see how they pull it off.

But the Jurassic Park island in IOA doesn't take place on Isla Nubar, it takes places on a new island called "Isla Aventura". However, I believe that fact is only still mentioned in a few easy to change places and a majority of regular park guests are probably completely unaware of the island's actual backstory - they just see it as an area of the theme park with Jurassic themed rides. Universal doesn't seem to acknowledge it at all on their website or promotional materials, so they could easily just pretend that whole backstory never happened.

But like you said, I honestly don't think a mismatch matters much either. We've seen the crossover in the movies so I don't think having both is really an immersion breaker. This is their opportunity to make a new backstory for the land and sort of reinvent it and I can't wait to see how they pull it off.

I think the only place it’s referenced at all is on the model in the JPRA queue. It might also be mentioned in the queue video. If they make a new video, they can create John Hammond as a Walt Disney type character using clips from the old video.

There is huge potential here to create a lore to the land that it's barely touched upon. It' easy to understand for first time visitors and can allow for exploration for the more dedicated fans.

If you take the JPRA, make it themed to Jurassic World. You still get knocked off course but when you arrive in the building, make a reference saying that the building has been abandoned for 20 years since the incident, hopefully everything still works but keep up your guard. It will be dusty and have worn out JP logos, old CRT tvs, it can be overgrown and just generally look in disrepair.

At this point seeing this up and seeing the new Raptor Encounter sign just go for the full re-do. Wouldn’t hurt and gives the land the facelift it deserves. It’d really just be different color schemes, and of course the coaster, and maybe more lively. I think this area needs that tbh.

At this point seeing this up and seeing the new Raptor Encounter sign just go for the full re-do. Wouldn’t hurt and gives the land the facelift it deserves. It’d really just be different color schemes, and of course the coaster, and maybe more lively. I think this area needs that tbh.
They're redoing the area that needed it most IMO

If they make a new video, they can create John Hammond as a Walt Disney type character using clips from the old video.

Would they even bother to do that in a JW revamp? I suspect not, and I'd hate to lose Richard Attenborough's Hammond from the queue in favor of Chris Pratt (or Jimmy Fallon).

Of course, some of the queue video features him in front of the Discovery Center, and it doesn't look like that any longer. So either way, it probably needs to be tinkered with to some degree.

Reactions: Scott W.
Would they even bother to do that in a JW revamp? I suspect not, and I'd hate to lose Richard Attenborough's Hammond from the queue in favor of Chris Pratt (or Jimmy Fallon).

Of course, some of the queue video features him in front of the Discovery Center, and it doesn't look like that any longer. So either way, it probably needs to be tinkered with to some degree.

I think it would probably need a new video and I don't want to lose him either and that's the only way I can see him still being there.

I thought I had seen a sign on one of the photo postings that indicated it was closed.

Hopefully, it was gross the last time I seen it and it seems like a liability in these COVID times. If they were ever going to update it, this could be the perfect time.

I think it would probably need a new video and I don't want to lose him either and that's the only way I can see him still being there.

Hopefully, it was gross the last time I seen it and it seems like a liability in these COVID times. If they were ever going to update it, this could be the perfect time.
They redid sections of the downstairs area about 2 to 3 years ago. Have you been there since the refurb?

Status
Not open for further replies.