How long will The Simpsons Ride last? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
But this isnt a "how much do you love simpsons" its "how long will the simpsons ride last".

You have to expect some hating.

Storm Rider is an attraction at Disney Sea in Tokyo.

Also, if we all said everything was great about the parks, it wouldn't give those who make a living on improving them any platform to do so. Nobody's perfect, and although Universal Orlando is certainly impressive and something that I think everybody should at least experience, its by no means the second coming of Christ in terms of Theme Parks. If you can't take criticism, I honestly don't know what else to tell you.

Storm Rider is an attraction at Disney Sea in Tokyo.

Also, if we all said everything was great about the parks, it wouldn't give those who make a living on improving them any platform to do so. Nobody's perfect, and although Universal Orlando is certainly impressive and something that I think everybody should at least experience, its by no means the second coming of Christ in terms of Theme Parks. If you can't take criticism, I honestly don't know what else to tell you.

I've never been to Tokyo.

And I sincerely doubt they're paying attention to any of us. Considering the contempt I've seen on this board and others for The Simpsons and simulators in general and given the fact that Universal built it anyway, I'm led to believe they don't read these boards. Lucky for those who actually enjoy such rides.

Also, constructive criticism is fine but "I don't like this ride and I never ride it because it sucks" is not constructive criticism. And it does get tiresome seeing favorite attractions getting needlessly ripped all the time. Don't like a ride? Don't go on it and don't post about it. I hate the idea of the Rip Ride Rockit USF is building but I don't go bitching about it in its section on this board. I don't know what else to tell you.

Doesn't make it any less valid of a reply.

Fantastic, then we're in agreement. The issue is over. We can go back to discussing the topic of the thread rather than going around in circles with a fairly insignificant arguement.

Yes, it does, since you're assuming I would have ridden an attraction that's exclusive to Japan. But if you like that better, then that's cool. I liked BTTF and it was a huge help in establishing Universal Studios all these years. That's why I get defensive about it. I'm sure if I ripped Storm Rider, then you would get upset too.

Yes, we can and I voted it would last 10-15 years. I'm one of 14 people who think so. That's only four less than people who think the attraction is a flash in the pan. Not a huge discrepency. I guess of the 14 I'm the only one stupid enough to defend our vote.

Yes, it does, since you're assuming I would have ridden an attraction that's exclusive to Japan. But if you like that better, then that's cool. I liked BTTF and it was a huge help in establishing Universal Studios all these years. That's why I get defensive about it. I'm sure if I ripped Storm Rider, then you would get upset too.

Yes, we can and I voted it would last 10-15 years. I'm one of 14 people who think so. That's only four less than people who think the attraction is a flash in the pan. Not a huge discrepency. I guess of the 14 I'm the only one stupid enough to defend our vote.

You asked me to name a better simulator - not a better simulator that you have ridden.

For the record, I'd be completely indifferent to the hypothetical decision to remove Storm Rider. It's good, but it's still just a sim. They've run their course and are definitely far from the "wave of the future" anymore. This place a lot into my "meh" opinion of Simpsons as well.

I hardly think that you're "stupid" for liking BTTF. My comment was simply that the statment "without question" is incredibly inaccurate when there are plenty who do question it. It doesn't make your *opinion* wrong, but to state it as fact with such words as "without question" is wrong.

For the record, I'd be completely indifferent to the hypothetical decision to remove Storm Rider. It's good, but it's still just a sim. They've run their course and are definitely far from the "wave of the future" anymore. This place a lot into my "meh" opinion of Simpsons as well.

I hardly think that you're "stupid" for liking BTTF. My comment was simply that the statment "without question" is incredibly inaccurate when there are plenty who do question it. It doesn't make your *opinion* wrong, but to state it as fact with such words as "without question" is wrong.

I guess I really meant "foolish" for bothering to start the arguement in the first place when the predominant opinion is opposite mine. But I was just surprised because most of the Orlando theme park communities I've visited online know the enormous following BTTF has. Ask Dr. Emmet Brown, who I quoted. BTTF put Universal on the map and made the park what it was and it happens to be a pillar of my childhood. I didn't think it was out of line to defend it so passionately but I probably tend to take these things too seriously. :shrug:

I guess I really meant "foolish" for bothering to start the arguement in the first place when the predominant opinion is opposite mine. But I was just surprised because most of the Orlando theme park communities I've visited online know the enormous following BTTF has. Ask Dr. Emmet Brown, who I quoted. BTTF put Universal on the map and made the park what it was and it happens to be a pillar of my childhood. I didn't think it was out of line to defend it so passionately but I probably tend to take these things too seriously. :shrug:

Look, bottom line, sometimes the best debates to have are when you walk in as the underdog. Nothing to apologize for there - it simply gives you all the more opportunity to showcase your case.

I can't speak for others, but *my* position has all along not been that you are wrong for liking BTTF; only that it is wrong to say that it is "Best without question" (or however it was initially worded). I'VE never liked it, but you're not wrong for doing so. Lots of people did. Clearly lots of people also did not, but neither side was wrong.

I'm not sure I'd say that it "put them on the map" as I don't think they were ever *not* "on the map" to begin with, but it definitely added more value to their ride line-up.

Very interesting question - I haven't been on this ride yet (only visit to Orlando was when the Spiderman ride was new!) so I can't answer this question. Reason - I do not know how many times you have to ride this thing to get bored of it which I think has a big impact on how long it will last.

I actually enjoyed the Simpsons Ride and found it far more than Star Tours even when they update it to be 3D. First of all the Simpsons Ride actually feels like you are moving while Star Wars is like sitting in front of a TV screen while your brother pushes and tilts your chair up and down. Also Simpsons Ride contains a good plot line with plenty of funny jokes.:lol:

Personally, It will last longer than BttF. If you ponder for a microscopic amount of time, The Simpsons will be ending in a few years, and after that, a plethora of Simpsons fans will be trekking to Universal. Secondly, it will probably be the only Simpsons experience that hasn't been illustrated on TV. It will technically be the only "New" Simpsons experience left, another reason for it to last longer than Back to the Future.

Personally, It will last longer than BttF. If you ponder for a microscopic amount of time, The Simpsons will be ending in a few years, and after that, a plethora of Simpsons fans will be trekking to Universal. Secondly, it will probably be the only Simpsons experience that hasn't been illustrated on TV. It will technically be the only "New" Simpsons experience left, another reason for it to last longer than Back to the Future.

Simpsons ride will not last longer than BTTF did in that building. If it does. Universal will be a very lazy place.

I see what you are saying about the lasting power of the simpsons brand even after the show ends, but don't forget that BTTF had many years not just because the movies were very appreciated with a helthy fanbase and the general public made it a blockbuster as well, but simulators were brand new at this time. This was only the second major theme park simulator design of the time. It blew it all away. This was the Spiderman of its time.

Basic Motion Simulators with a film and a few 4D effects do not have nearly enough pull as they once did. With Star Tours ad Back to the Future it was just a huge deal to have such an experience.

It is really laughable to be to think that the simpsons ride will last much longer than ten years. The CGI alone in a few is going to start looking very aged. (I don't find it to be all that great now but it works) And when its time is up I would expect Universal to demoish that building and build a new experience, not replace it with just another simulator ride film based on a property.

Simpsons ride will not last longer than BTTF did in that building. If it does. Universal will be a very lazy place.

I see what you are saying about the lasting power of the simpsons brand even after the show ends, but don't forget that BTTF had many years not just because the movies were very appreciated with a helthy fanbase and the general public made it a blockbuster as well, but simulators were brand new at this time. This was only the second major theme park simulator design of the time. It blew it all away. This was the Spiderman of its time.

Basic Motion Simulators with a film and a few 4D effects do not have nearly enough pull as they once did. With Star Tours ad Back to the Future it was just a huge deal to have such an experience.

It is really laughable to be to think that the simpsons ride will last much longer than ten years. The CGI alone in a few is going to start looking very aged. (I don't find it to be all that great now but it works) And when its time is up I would expect Universal to demoish that building and build a new experience, not replace it with just another simulator ride film based on a property.

Why in the world would they demolish that building? They've pretty much added a cavalcade of extra decorations, and etc. It'll pretty much be a landmark when The Simpsons ends. I doubt they'd ever demolish this building.
I could see them gutting the building, but not demolishing it. That would be an abundance of equity down the drain.