How long will The Simpsons Ride last? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
You sir, are dead to me. :mad:

The fact that you are angry about it tells me you know it's true. :lol:

Don't get wrong, man. I love(d) the Simpsons. Great franchise... excellent show. A worldwide sensation. But now.. it just doesn't work anymore. I've seen a new episode here and there and it's become tough to watch. I'm not blaming it on the writers either. After 20 or so seasons.. it's going to happen. I will say that whenever they have their series finale.. it's going to be an amazing cultural event.

With that said.. Universal is trying to do to "in thing" now. I was thinking that Transformers would've taken over for BTTF. I'm not a Transformers fan by ANY means.. but if done right would make a sick attraction.

The fact that you are angry about it tells me you know it's true. :lol:

Don't get wrong, man. I love(d) the Simpsons. Great franchise... excellent show. A worldwide sensation. But now.. it just doesn't work anymore. I've seen a new episode here and there and it's become tough to watch. I'm not blaming it on the writers either. After 20 or so seasons.. it's going to happen. I will say that whenever they have their series finale.. it's going to be an amazing cultural event.

With that said.. Universal is trying to do to "in thing" now. I was thinking that Transformers would've taken over for BTTF. I'm not a Transformers fan by ANY means.. but if done right would make a sick attraction.

Transformers is a completely different ride system. I'd tell you about it, but you know, dead to me and what not.:mad:

Transformers is a completely different ride system. I'd tell you about it, but you know, dead to me and what not.:mad:

Oh no.. I know that Transformers in USH is totally different.. I'm just saying I could see a simulator type thing working for it if done right. I meant with the basic system of Simpsons/BTTF.

They should've just refurbed BTTF.

The thing with the Simpsons was that it opened during a Simpsons high. The movie, game and the ride all released around the same time. The Simpsons was not going away, it was coming from every angle.

Oh no.. I know that Transformers in USH is totally different.. I'm just saying I could see a simulator type thing working for it if done right. I meant with the basic system of Simpsons/BTTF.

They should've just refurbed BTTF.

Sadly Transformers is going to be much less cooler than it would have been had they gone with the original plans. It still could be neat though.

Please do not wish for simulators. Simulators are awful and dated ride systems that really kill a desire to expereince them over and over. I'd love to never see another simulator open.

And for the record, I'm glad that BTTF was removed for The Simpsons Ride, though I was just as happy walking by an empty, walled off BTTF ride building. I utterly detested that ride - in all three parks that I rode it in. Do I like Simpsons better? Sure. Do I ride Simpsons? Not really. I'm happier watching it on my iPhone :look:

Ok, I went on for the first time this past trip. I was pleasantly suprised. I use to be a HUGE fan of the show, but in recent years it's lost some humuor. I laughed hysterically quite a bit throughout the queue/preshow/ride. One of my favorites in the park.

"I waited in line an hour for this ride and I'm riding it." :rotfl:

Sadly Transformers is going to be much less cooler than it would have been had they gone with the original plans. It still could be neat though.

Please do not wish for simulators. Simulators are awful and dated ride systems that really kill a desire to expereince them over and over. I'd love to never see another simulator open.

And for the record, I'm glad that BTTF was removed for The Simpsons Ride, though I was just as happy walking by an empty, walled off BTTF ride building. I utterly detested that ride - in all three parks that I rode it in. Do I like Simpsons better? Sure. Do I ride Simpsons? Not really. I'm happier watching it on my iPhone :look:

How could anyone possibly hate bttf?

When you grow up riding BTTF, it's a little different. Sure, I may not like simulators as much as other ride types, but BTTF was different. It was, and in my book, still IS the greatest simulator "of all time."

I dont know what you guys are smoking. when I got off bttf for my last ride I couldnt believe this ride was still here. Then when I got off simpsons I said thank god I didnt wait longer then 5 min.

I dont know what you guys are smoking. when I got off bttf for my last ride I couldnt believe this ride was still here. Then when I got off simpsons I said thank god I didnt wait longer then 5 min.

So, in summary you're saying that you hate them both?

The only way my friend got me on USJ's BTTF was with the promise that "If you ride it, then you can say you hate all three."

Sure enough, I hated all three upon exiting.

You can't say "without question" when there are plenty of people that question it. I, for one, raise my hand.:wave:

Name a better simulator then.

It's absolutely amazing how bitchy the various online communities for the Orlando theme park resorts have gotten. If you don't like an attraction, don't freakin' ride it. If you didn't like BTTF then what would make you think you'd like The Simpsons?

Name a better simulator then.

It's absolutely amazing how bitchy the various online communities for the Orlando theme park resorts have gotten. If you don't like an attraction, don't freakin' ride it. If you didn't like BTTF then what would make you think you'd like The Simpsons?

Storm Rider.

Bitchy? I didn't like BTTF, and I *didn't* ride it. And what happened? It was removed. I DO like The Simpsons Ride. I guess in this case, "bitchy" means disagreeing with your personal opinion.

Storm Rider.

Bitchy? I didn't like BTTF, and I *didn't* ride it. And what happened? It was removed. I DO like The Simpsons Ride. I guess in this case, "bitchy" means disagreeing with your personal opinion.

I think he is frustrated because people are pointing out faults left and right at a resort he happens to enjoy. Although I agree with some of the faults it seems people don't give it a rest some times.

On the note of BTTF. It showed it's age. What happens when things age...they die. I liked the ride video but I rode it once in it's latter days and that was all I needed to.

I think he is frustrated because people are pointing out faults left and right at a resort he happens to enjoy. Although I agree with some of the faults it seems people don't give it a rest some times.

On the note of BTTF. It showed it's age. What happens when things age...they die. I liked the ride video but I rode it once in it's latter days and that was all I needed to.

Well luckily anyone can just purcahse the ridefilm on DVD these days so there's nothing left to worry about, right? :lol:

I did like the BTTF film better then the simpsons

The Simpsons Ridefilm was a lot better the first time I saw it a few months before opening. At the time, they hadn't gone with that awful CGI psuedo-3D look of the characters. The sets looked as they do today, but all the characters were 2D style as seen The Simpsons Movie.

Liked it waaaay more.

Thank you, this is indeed where my frustration lies, big time in fact. If you don't like or didn't like something but continue to post in a thread about it, that's called trolling. Chris, you said you don't ride The Simpsons. "Not really" you said in your post before last. So maybe you do like it, just not enough to say anything good about it.

And I've never heard of Storm Rider.