Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In my experience it seems like once I see a low wait time and head over to that house the wait is already higher. I always just stuck to a plan that makes sense and hope some of the higher waits I am hitting are on the way down. Usually I just avoid the middle of the night for rides and shows/zones. If I can get 6 or 7 houses done by like 930 I save the last few for the last couple hours.

Reactions: Rikku
For those of you with express, was it easy to get through all 10 houses or was it still a struggle to do them all at least once by the end of the night?

I feel like it happens every year. First weekend is a mess with express but evens out.

Yeah, opening day with Labor Day weekend. I figured it was going to be crazy but man it was rough tonight.

Yup, opening weekend + labor day weekend + two of the bigger IP's they've had in a while + sold out express = a very packed combo which pretty much makes opening weekend an early stress test. One thing for certain, they find the issues pretty quick, and things get smoothed out in the coming weeks. I've gone several years during the second weekend and ran into zero issues that I heard express was having the week before.

Yup, opening weekend + labor day weekend + two of the bigger IP's they've had in a while + sold out express = a very packed combo which pretty much makes opening weekend an early stress test. One thing for certain, they find the issues pretty quick, and things get smoothed out in the coming weeks. I've gone several years during the second weekend and ran into zero issues that I heard express was having the week before.

Except for the express line for Bugs last year. That never stopped being an issue. Apparently Oddfellow was one of the worst offenders for long express queues tonight, so let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

The prevailing issue with express seems to be that universal raises the prices and then is shocked the people who buy it for the multi nights actually use it enough nights to get their money's worth at some point they should just get rid of multi night express.

Except for the express line for Bugs last year. That never stopped being an issue. Apparently Oddfellow was one of the worst offenders for long express queues tonight, so let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Admittedly, I didn't run into the express line issue for Bugs, so lucky me I guess. And I was preparing to see it after seeing the opening weekend photos of that line stretching well behind MIB's building.

Yep if I had service while in line for Oddfellow's I was going to say that this queue is already having the same issues bugs was. But yea as everyone said, tonight was bad. Tried to finish off with Chucky but even at 1 the express was still in switchbacks.

So as I take it, it’s still tough to get through all houses once even with express during opening weekend?

Here to echo that last night the express was bad. Only ended up doing 5 houses and bouncing at 10ish cause with how soaked our feet were we didn't wanna stand around in the long express lines. 60 min express line for stranger things when posted 90. Hopefully tonight is a little improved. I know all the media rip tours add to the waits and opening night is now just a known packed night.

Reactions: Clive and monykalyn
Anyone had the Bloody Murder IPA yet? Seems that’s there on tap IPA and can’t find any info out there about it. Will miss Batsquatch.

Long time goer, but have to ask a question I just thought of and have never thought of at the actual event because I assumed they weren't allowed, are umbrellas or even personal size umbrellas allowed? Saw a video of the downpour at S&S tonight and saw tons of them, can't even recall ever seeing them when we go but also probably never paid attention. Every time we go we just pack ponchos and breathable rain jackets and suck it up.

I always bring my small umbrella

Reactions: Galactus
Sounds like the first night/weekend should be sold as more of a preview. It’s already free for the Premier APs and the only valid Saturday for Frequent Fear Passes, right? Discount the price a little for everyone else, don’t sell Express to help accommodate all the media tours, and let everything find its groove without as much of the pressure.

Reactions: dxwwf3 and sjago13
For those of you with express, was it easy to get through all 10 houses or was it still a struggle to do them all at least once by the end of the night?
Was only able to get through 8 houses with express last night and left around 1:45am, as others have said, pretty miserable waits for express. Only had the time to stop at one food booth too, but that walking taco was delicious

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet