Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wasn't open last year, and honestly, isn't much of a draw during the event (same with Transformers). The event (and the park overall) really needs another "big kids" coaster to alleviate the crowds over at Rockit/Mummy.

Hi all,

First post alert for me. I’m holidaying in October from England and will be visiting HHN on Wednesday 4th October. I’m on my own this time as my wife refused to go. We went together back in 2018 and patient zero house absolutely floored her and she refused any more after that . Plan is to leave her on city walk for the evening while I do HHN so limited to one night really. I’ve bought an express pass as ideally I’d like to do all 10 houses. I have day time tickets for universal so will try and wait in a holding area beforehand. Advice needed is what house to prioritise? We were very naive last time and headed straight for Stranger things which we queued for about 3 hours for. The last time we had frequent fear so wasn’t as bad.

What house do people think will be the busiest and with an express pass what should I prioritise?

Thanks in advance.
Having express should free you up to do the houses in whichever order you desire. If you are only concerned with getting through each house one time, then doing Stay & Scream shouldn't be necessary, if you'd rather spend extra time with your wife in Citywalk. If there is a house you'd like to get through twice, then line up in the appropriate holding area, and use the standby queue for your first trip, saving your express for the second run.

The most popular are going to be Stranger Things and The Last of Us, but again, with express it won't be as big of a problem.

The back tent houses (Oddfellow and Darkest Deal) are quiet at the start, while the soundstage locations up front (Yeti, ST, Exorcist, etc.) begin filling up quickly once the gates open for the night.

Do we know where any of the houses exit? Specifically want to know where the last of us and universal monsters exit if anyone knows.

Do we know where any of the houses exit? Specifically want to know where the last of us and universal monsters exit if anyone knows.
There's an "Exit Only" sign next to The Last of Us' entrance by Men in Black. I'd guess both tents and The Last of Us will dump out there.

New dilemma: my group is looking to do as much as possible when we visit, would it be better for us to buy express and go on a Friday, or not get express and go for 2 nights, either Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday?

If you're buying a multi-night ticket and plan to go opening weekend, do it ASAP. As was discussed months ago, you need to pick the date your pass will "activate." Friday (9/1) already blocked out for FFPX if you haven't reserved your first day yet. My guess is Saturday will soon follow, maybe even Sunday.

Wait so is this blocked for regular frequent fear or not???????
Is Friday blocked for regular frequent fear!?

Wait so is this blocked for regular frequent fear or not???????
Is Friday blocked for regular frequent fear!?
no. it appears all start days are still available. and, if you already purchased your pass and selected friday as your start day... you're allowed to use your pass. the event could sell out tomorrow and, to my understanding, you'd still be able to use your frequent fear pass on friday (assuming you chose the correct start date).

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
What kinds of houses have the lowest lines after 11 or 12? I figured most originals (especially Yeti, Darkest Deal, Blood Moon) and maybe less popular IPs but I wasn't sure. This year will be my first time staying open to close, so I'm not experienced with it. (btw I understand if this is hard to predict lol)

If it's a slower night, you can start feeling the lower crowds around 11-11:30. The parade and sprung tents usually disperse first, but the new layout + TLOU being one of the most popular IPs in recent years may change the crowd flow. Based on last year, soundstage originals usually die off in the last hour. Halloween always had a line through close, and Stranger Things will undoubtedly repeat that based on its last two iterations. Blumhouse usually kept a line until the last half hour, which isn't unreasonable to expect for TLOU and maybe Chucky if it's a guest favorite house.

• Wow
I'm interested in seeing if Universal adds a ridiculous wait time towards the end of the night or if they decide to pull a Hagrid and just close off the line early for ST. Doubt they'd like to run it more than 90+ minutes after event close.

• Wow
I'm interested in seeing if Universal adds a ridiculous wait time towards the end of the night or if they decide to pull a Hagrid and just close off the line early for ST. Doubt they'd like to run it more than 90+ minutes after event close.

I can remember doing the Stranger Things 2 house one of my trip nights at 1:55 and it was literally a walk on. I was out of the house at 2:03. I know crowds should be heavier this year compared to 2019, but crowds still have a way of lowering quickly in that last hour.

• Wow

I can remember doing the Stranger Things 2 house one of my trip nights at 1:55 and it was literally a walk on. I was out of the house at 2:03. I know crowds should be heavier this year compared to 2019, but crowds still have a way of lowering quickly in that last hour.

I used to this this was the case, but the last two weeks of last year the lines around 1:50 were still very long
Weeknd got super long some nights. I was supposed to do mummy house and weekend that last hour of the event and both lines were super long ( on one of the last days) some people are starting to stay late.

Reactions: dxwwf3

I don't doubt you, but there were multiple nights were the ST queue looked full past event close. At HHN 29 I waited more than 70ish minutes after joining the line at close, with people still behind me.

I really think it just depends on the night (granted, not sure how they're gonna handle lines for the big IPs this year), I went on a Saturday to HHN 29 and got in line for Stranger Things at close. It was posted 90, but I only waited 20, and they were even pulsing groups.

I didn't even know pulsing groups was an option until after that.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and dxwwf3
Was evert night 2 am last year? If anyone has a map of where you exist each house that would be great. It sounds like doing last of us earl in the event and then Oddfellow is prob a good choice. Is the preview that was last night just employees and media is tonight?