Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am glad USH appears to have had a change of heart regarding DK if this rumor is true. I am also glad that according to Screamscape it appears DK will also be the full version like those at EU and USJ and not a scaled back version for USH. USH needs all the space it can get for the park and the soundstages behind SNW would only really be viable for a Nintendo IP, so part of me is inclined to believe this rumor is legit.

We lose Monty at Knotts while we gain DK after all. “A soul for a soul…”

But seriously, I’m glad it sounds like they’re going through with this after all. I mean, what else would they out in the expansion pad. The park does need a good highly themed family coaster after all.
Not to go off topic but I think I'm out of the loop; Something happening with Montezuma's behind the scenes? I thought it was only getting renovated or something.

Anyways, this would be amazing if it's true; a fashionably late addition a decent bit after Epic Universe opens. Makes taking a possible Orlando vacation tempting though.

This also makes me wonder how they'll connect them. Perhaps a themed enclosed bridge if the trams still pass through that area by then?

yeah I'll admit that was my B. I had posted that not able to read it properly at the time; as it essentially was a regurgitation of stuff previously said, for a project that to my understanding does not exist.

I do have to think they'd be considering some form of a Nintendo expansion--and I wonder if Screamscape could be confusing the IP; but it very much is not DKC. Then again with space as a premium at USH...perhaps they could think of other IP to use.

Dammit, now I feel like I got ahead of myself and feel like a fool.
Trust me--I was the bigger fool than you are today :lmao:

Not to go off topic but I think I'm out of the loop; Something happening with Montezuma's behind the scenes? I thought it was only getting renovated or something.
For context: Rumors have pointed to Kumbak--who was contracted to work on 2.0 of Montezuma's. @Tobias went a lot more into detail on the matter--as it's worth a read; but it's not a great look.

Reactions: BriefCasey
yeah I'll admit that was my B. I had posted that not able to read it properly at the time; as it essentially was a regurgitation of stuff previously said, for a project that to my understanding does not exist.

I do have to think they'd be considering some form of a Nintendo expansion--and I wonder if Screamscape could be confusing the IP; but it very much is not DKC. Then again with space as a premium at USH...perhaps they could think of other IP to use.
I believe there was an interview with someone from UC that came out shortly before of after SNW opened at USH where they mentioned more Nintendo was on the way to USH. I am going to wager a guess that if DK was axed or was never going to happen from the start due to capacity reasons, the ride of choice for any hypothetical SNW expansion would not be a family coaster but instead a dark ride.

I believe there was an interview with someone from UC that came out shortly before of after SNW opened at USH where they mentioned more Nintendo was on the way to USH. I am going to wager a guess that if DK was axed or was never going to happen from the start due to capacity reasons, the ride of choice for any hypothetical SNW expansion would not be a family coaster but instead a dark ride.
Which sucks because what USH needs a well themed coaster if mummy is leaving.

Which sucks because what USH needs a well themed coaster if mummy is leaving.
Based off on concept art I saw for DK it appears the ride car can only hold 4 guests at a time and there are no additional ride cars attached to them like on Hagrid's. I guess for USH to want a family coaster for the capacity they need to make this a worthwhile investment they would need to have multiple ride vehicles attached to each other running at the same time. Hopefully they can figure out how to design a family coaster with a ride vehicle setup like Hagrid's in the space this would go in.
leaving for what? Unless they can build two rides in the same space why would they get rid of a popular ride in a park that is desperate for capacity?
The soundstages behind Mummy are earmarked for theme park expansion down the line.

Correct. It was something along the lines of they know where they are going to put DKC or have it ready to go.
It does appear that plans changed after that though, perhaps due to capacity.

What I will say is if they expand SNW it needs some kind of outdoors attraction. As much as I think SLOP is a million times better than Yoshi, we are missing some kind of kinetic element in SNW. DKC would be a big tick in that box so if it's not coming I hope we get something equally visual.

Screamscape doesn't have the greatest accuracy in their predictions. They're like the blind squirrel. It's a very overrated site. @Tomfoolery doesn't comment often, but generally his comments are right on. I assume he either works with UC, or has strong sources with it....I wouldn't get too psyched for DK happening in the near future. You'll probably get let down.

Screamscape doesn't have the greatest accuracy in their predictions. They're like the blind squirrel. It's a very overrated site. @Tomfoolery doesn't comment often, but generally his comments are right on. I assume he either works with UC, or has strong sources with it....I wouldn't get too psyched for DK happening in the near future. You'll probably get let down.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Screamscape give us the first word of F&F?

Alicia Stella is the only theme park journalist I trust when it comes to Universal rumors. I agree that Screamscape's track record is definitely sketchy, except for the F&F leak of course.
I've seen Screamscape quoted soooo many times on these forums, like they're a dependable source. I can only recall a handful of times that their info panned out. I, for one, never pay attention to their stuff. Basically, they print just about every rumor that random people send them. They don't ever vett info. They're basically like the community bulletin board at the local supermarket where they keep the buggies.....There's been a number of reliable IU Insiders over the years though. Alicia is definitely the most prominent at this point in time, and very reliable info wise.

Last edited: