Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I enjoy reading screamscape. It may not be accurate all the time but its a good place to check what is happening currently at various parks.
It's fine if you want to read about info that's already been released by the parks or a reputable site. It's basically a bulletin board at it's best. It does that function OK. But when it comes to the very numerous 'rumors' it posts, it's best to just read it as amusing entertainment than as a serious source of information on unannounced projects. Not a great site to get excited about it's rumors and argue the merits. Kind of a waste of time and blurring what's probably really going to happen. Their numerous unvetted rumors creates a lot of misdirection.

Screamscape is how I found the original OU forums. I believe it linked to one of Andy’s rumor break downs. The site should be viewed like Mad Dog suggested as an aggregate. A lot of their correct posts can be linked back to insiders here or Alicia.

I have a tendency to just listen to our insiders and Alicia and cut out the middle man. I would advise others do the same.

As of right now, our insiders in this thread are saying that the report is not completely accurate. Does that mean some of it is accurate? Maybe starting there is more productive.

To be fair to Lance, the post itself does sound more like speculation than an outright “leak” on his behalf. And it would make sense according to what I heard pre/mid pandemic. But everything at this park is always in flux.

Screamscape is how I found the original OU forums. I believe it linked to one of Andy’s rumor break downs. The site should be viewed like Mad Dog suggested as an aggregate. A lot of their correct posts can be linked back to insiders here or Alicia.

I have a tendency to just listen to our insiders and Alicia and cut out the middle man. I would advise others do the same.

As of right now, our insiders in this thread are saying that the report is not completely accurate. Does that mean some of it is accurate? Maybe starting there is more productive.
For the parts of the rumor that could hold water, I would say that down the line SNW at USH will get some sort of expansion if those soundstages behind SNW come down at some point in 2024 like what it said on ScreamScape, we could be looking at a 2026-2027 opening window. I mean I am sure Universal has additional new attractions in the pipeline after F&F opens in 2025 in the lead up to LA2028.

Reactions: joerodriguez
Somewhat related, but when are all of the east-side soundstages supposed to be completed?
Haven't seen a completion date but they look finished from the outside and are up on the studio lot website so guessing they are either in use or will be in the next few months.

Reactions: Nico
I still think USH doesn't know what they are going to do after F&F

Like we've seen sooo many rumors but all are for different area's of the park, like reusing Falls Lake, behind SNW, the Mummy and Simpsons.
So at least for me it feel's like they are still talking about what would be best for after the F&F coaster, I think if they want to redo the Mummy area then DK would make sense as it adds more Nintendo and allows the Mummy to be gone but at least we got a new coaster that's mild thrills and as themed (if not more ) then Mummy

But if they want to add some real capacity to the park, going towards Falls lake makes the most sense on the front. Simpsons I hope doesn't get touched until the day they have to mainly because it just doesn't "add" much capacity to the park unless they use the area on the hill under the Simpsons attraction