Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As I said earlier on this thread @Legacy said on Discord that Pokemon is being planned as a Simpsons replacement at USF. Maybe they are developing the same Pokemon attraction for Hollywood as well. Pokemon is a massive IP and the theme is broad enough that if they can Universal will want in every park they own. So it going on the upper lot replacing Simpsons would track IMO. I believe @Alicia mentioned a while back (correct me if i'm wrong) when Pokemon was still slated for KZ, one of the additions was a suspended coaster and some sort of omnimover where guests were on a safari and took pictures. Are these still on to some degree or will they do a totally new concept for this ride?
Not happening

I still think your wrong in no Pokémon, Chris. I also think it’s good to bring up that they haven’t even broken a deal yet between TPC (as it wouldn’t be just Nintendo in this decision) and Universal on the domestic level.

we should also keep in mind that these are all rumors and speculation. so we really cant make sweeping generalizations about "universal executives" when none of us are "in the room" and really know what is going on. some things may be wrong, or even loosely true but without any of the context or details they have :scream:

we should also keep in mind that these are all rumors and speculation. so we really cant make sweeping generalizations about "universal executives" when none of us are "in the room" and really know what is going on. some things may be wrong, or even loosely true but without any of the context or details they have :scream:
Very true.

Geez Louise. I wasn't notified of new posts for the last couple of days for some reason, but looking at the last two pages, I can see that it was a blessing in disguise.

Well catching up on things, I can understand why they wouldn't want DK if it has to do with capacity not being ideal, but I really hope they can work out a family coaster that's on par with Orlando's Mummy in terms of coaster thrill, if it can't be DK. Could they make an alternate version to DK?

I guess the silver lining here is that we could get something exclusive, but if it's another screen-based ride I won't be happy.

Also I know he's unreliable as crap, but UC said that they're clearing out the Voice stage? Is that for something or is it UC being UC?
I’d prefer more Nintendo over Potter, personally speaking…
No. NO. NOOOO!!! Sweet Mary and Joseph don't give him any ideas!!!!!!

Meanwhile, my absence was because I was preparing for a con this past weekend. One hand of conflicting feelings regarding if we do get DK, and one big eye roll in the other over a certain someone's talking points in which I second @Magic-Man 's secondhand embarrassment. Even as another big Nintendo fan, I gotta say even my patience was being tried. >_>

Anyway, I'm really not sure what to make of how we may or may not be getting DK, part of me hopes we still get it somehow. I don't think this was brought up, but weren't the soundstages behind Mummy slated for demolition at some point also? Maybe that could also help capacity unless I'm forgetting something.

I guess the silver lining here is that we could get something exclusive, but if it's another screen-based ride I won't be happy.
Something exclusive to Hollywood would be a fair trade, but I still can't help but lament the possible loss of another coaster to bring much needed thrills. Also, I doubt they'd do another screen-based ride. I think after Supercharged in Orlando, I think SLOP, probably MK, and from what I've heard, Hagrid's seem to be indicators that they've learned their lesson.

Also, not to beat a dead horse or sound like him since he's been formally told to take a hike it seems, but as for other Nintendo IPs being represented, would it be too much to ask if they were to throw in more crossover cameos in the same vein as Pikmin as long as it fits in the Mario universe (aside from food anyway)? For instance, back in the main SNW thread I thought of a Toadstool Cafe screen scenario featuring a Kirby cameo of some kind. If they really wanted to, they could add some more hidden pixel characters, there was a Link sprite cameo in Super Mario 3D World after all. I wanna say this is more tempered than what was endlessly being talked about before, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Whose the President of USH ??

I know this may be a random question but I wanted to get an idea of the people making the decisions over there.

Meanwhile, my absence was because I was preparing for a con this past weekend. One hand of conflicting feelings regarding if we do get DK, and one big eye roll in the other over a certain someone's talking points in which I second @Magic-Man 's secondhand embarrassment. Even as another big Nintendo fan, I gotta say even my patience was being tried. >_>

Anyway, I'm really not sure what to make of how we may or may not be getting DK, part of me hopes we still get it somehow. I don't think this was brought up, but weren't the soundstages behind Mummy slated for demolition at some point also? Maybe that could also help capacity unless I'm forgetting something.

Something exclusive to Hollywood would be a fair trade, but I still can't help but lament the possible loss of another coaster to bring much needed thrills. Also, I doubt they'd do another screen-based ride. I think after Supercharged in Orlando, I think SLOP, probably MK, and from what I've heard, Hagrid's seem to be indicators that they've learned their lesson.

Also, not to beat a dead horse or sound like him since he's been formally told to take a hike it seems, but as for other Nintendo IPs being represented, would it be too much to ask if they were to throw in more crossover cameos in the same vein as Pikmin as long as it fits in the Mario universe (aside from food anyway)? For instance, back in the main SNW thread I thought of a Toadstool Cafe screen scenario featuring a Kirby cameo of some kind. If they really wanted to, they could add some more hidden pixel characters, there was a Link sprite cameo in Super Mario 3D World after all. I wanna say this is more tempered than what was endlessly being talked about before, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I still hope we get a DK expansion using the SS behind SNW. Either Dk expansion, or another expansion located somewhere else for another IP.

Last edited:
Animated GIF