Disney Springs Discussion | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Remember Splitsville had a dance floor when it opened, last I checked still says "Dancing" under "Dining" on the side outside. Best laid plans ...

Remember Splitsville had a dance floor when it opened, last I checked still says "Dancing" under "Dining" on the side outside. Best laid plans ...
To be fair, the splitsville "dance floor" was/is a joke. There's no way any big night club type atmosphere could happen there.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It's amazing how much time and effort was spent to make that place just as mundane as it was before.

I takle it back - the neon nonsense at least got people in the door. This new version I'm not sure will have the same foot traffic after the initial blogger-spree.

Looks just like the picture. :D

The pic of the real M&M crusted milkshake on Twitter is even worse. Clearly froze the glass for days, which messes up the candy shells.

All in all, PH looked like a variation on the same fail as before. But Stargazers, by itself in the "basement," is a winner. Nice local craft beer selection, live music, great vibe. Just booze, no food. I mean it in the nicest way possible when I say it's going to be cheer mom's bar of choice in DS.

Reactions: Nick
The Edison posted the job opening for General Manager last night.

https://patinagroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=666&alid=5743e0260cf281d9a00e3262

They want upscale dining and nightclub experience.

Save PI has posted rumors that The Edison may feature a night club, so I wouldn't be surprised if something like that ends up happening..

Hmmm, high class food, music and dancing, I'm thinking this is designed to keep folk from venturing out to Mangoes for their night time fun.......

Hmmm, high class food, music and dancing, I'm thinking this is designed to keep folk from venturing out to Mangoes for their night time fun.......

Totally different crowds plus The Edison is a very different beast if it's anything like the LA one. Less dancing, more bottle service.

The more I hear about Edison, the more excited I get.
The more I hear about Planet Hollywood, the more I remember why I've never set foot in there and don't intend to.

The Observatory looks like as soon as the rip the Planet Hollywood sign off the front and remove the memorabilia it could be an interesting place.

I see the use for PH as a way to sell dining for groups, but yes the concept is old and tired. Still confused why Disney hasn't turned this into an ESPN Zone or something yet. Imagine watching the Super Bowl on those screens.

The Observatory looks like as soon as the rip the Planet Hollywood sign off the front and remove the memorabilia it could be an interesting place.

I just did a cursory walk-through but the memorabilia feels out of place. If they had gone "full Toothsome" with a steampunky observatory and walk-around characters--as was the rumor back when NBA City was still a thing in CityWalk--they would've had a hit on their hands, a fun alternative to other new places. Instead, it will be back to relying on teenage tour groups in 6 months.

Re: The Edison. Still a wildcard to me. I do know it (and Neverland Tunnels) are run by Patina, veteran bartenders don't seem keen to work for them. The lifestyler community is hungry for a "grown-ups only" place inside the Disney Bubble but that's not a big enough market. High-end nightlife might--I stress might--work in a tiny spot somewhere with a view of the fireworks, but it's not going to fill a giant venue in an outlet mall. I can't see it being anything like it's LA sister in anything but name, but not sure what it will be, either.

I just did a cursory walk-through but the memorabilia feels out of place. If they had gone "full Toothsome" with a steampunky observatory and walk-around characters--as was the rumor back when NBA City was still a thing in CityWalk--they would've had a hit on their hands, a fun alternative to other new places. Instead, it will be back to relying on teenage tour groups in 6 months.

Re: The Edison. Still a wildcard to me. I do know it (and Neverland Tunnels) are run by Patina, veteran bartenders don't seem keen to work for them. The lifestyler community is hungry for a "grown-ups only" place inside the Disney Bubble but that's not a big enough market. High-end nightlife might--I stress might--work in a tiny spot somewhere with a view of the fireworks, but it's not going to fill a giant venue in an outlet mall. I can't see it being anything like it's LA sister in anything but name, but not sure what it will be, either.
The Edison would be stupid to put their name on something that doesn't represent their brand though when they have CityWalk, I-Drive 360 and Downtown Orlando as places to operate real nightlife. Especially with paying the type of rent Disney demands.

It would seem odd, but third parties have done stupider things to get in bed with the mouse I guess.

I'll probably have to give this a go. You know, for professional reasons.
MrxcwZh.jpg

That is very kind of you to take one for the team.

Reactions: Disneyhead