Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

Every time I see outdoor seating I'm like "you realize this is Florida right...?"

90% of the time people are not going to want to sit out there even at night.

I'll happily sit outside but I come from a country that's constantly miserable weather so I'm going to enjoy the heat when I can.

Got to say I'm glad I stayed up for the game.

I wonder if Intel thought of using Disney Springs as a test for the Super Bowl?
ex)
"If it goes well, will do the Super Bowl"
This was what I thought of too.

I do know that Disney wants to implement drones into Illuminations, but it was a good test place for Intel, too.

I love Britney so I thought about going but she was literally only outside for 2 minutes. :lol: Glad I didn't drive up the 3.5 hours.

To follow up from what I posted above. Britney likely was contractually obligated to do this due to her residency at the Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas.

And screaming fans...

The 3rd DS Parking Garage will begin construction next month. It will primarily be for CMs, located across the street from DS, between the Speedway and WDW Casting.

The Polite Pig opened Monday at DS. Personally I can't wait to try it. It looks like one of the best food offerings that's opened at DS during the entire expansion. It's fast-casual too, which is sorely needed in the Town Center. Unfortunately it seems to be getting some pretty mixed reviews.

Here's some pics and a review by Disney Food Blog:
First Look and Review: The Polite Pig in Disney World’s Disney Springs! | the disney food blog

and WDWM:
REVIEW - The Polite Pig brings modern BBQ to Disney Springs

Last edited:
Land clearing for Third Parking garage:
DisneySprings-thirdgarage-04102017-1.jpg

Location of the garage:
Inkedsprings-garage-location_LI.jpg

PHOTOS - Construction begins on third parking garage for Disney Springs - Blog Mickey

Portobello refurbishment information/Concept Art:

1MpMw2C.jpg

Owner Levy Restaurants is carrying out a multi-million dollar renovation of the restaurant, with James Beard award-winner and Top Chef Master, Tony Mantuano, leading the development.

“We've been grateful to serve our loyal guests at Portobello for the last seven years,” said Andy Lansing, President and CEO of Levy Restaurants. “We look forward to welcoming our guests back to the location early this fall when we unveil a new concept at Disney Springs.”

The new concept is planned to open early Fall 2017.

PHOTO - First look at the new Italian Restaurant concept to replace Portobello at Disney Springs