Console Gaming (General) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
PlayStation will be migrating to PC like Xbox already has, Nintendo’s gonna Nintendo, and other than MLB you wont see PlayStation games on other consoles. Those are my predictions lol
I hope would I think work out best for everyone

I hope would I think work out best for everyone
I just hope the next DOOM is multiplatform. It’s not a huge selling franchise so I hope that makes them think multiplatform is the way to go to get as many sales as possible.

Elder Scrolls is a strange one because on one hand it could potentially be a huge exclusive but on the other it could also be in Call of Duty territory where because of how big it is making it exclusive would cut off a ton of potential sales.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I just hope the next DOOM is multiplatform. It’s not a huge selling franchise so I hope that makes them think multiplatform is the way to go to get as many sales as possible.

Elder Scrolls is a strange one because on one hand it could potentially be a huge exclusive but on the other it could also be in Call of Duty territory where because of how big it is making it exclusive would cut off a ton of potential sales.
I mean hopefully soon since these titles are on PC....it shouldn't matter it being on Xbox then....like what harm does it do if God of War is on Xbox? There are wayyyyyy more PCs out there so if it doesnt affect PS5 sales then who cares, put it on everything

I mean hopefully soon since these titles are on PC....it shouldn't matter it being on Xbox then....like what harm does it do if God of War is on Xbox? There are wayyyyyy more PCs out there so if it doesnt affect PS5 sales then who cares, put it on everything
Because if their plan is to stay in the hardware business they need to have games that other consoles don’t have to use as a selling point. This applies to all 3 companies. Games sell hardware, nothing else. If the Switch didn’t have the high quality games it has it would’ve flopped like the Vita. The games are so compelling it also doesn’t matter that the Switch is lacking many features the competition has or that other Nintendo consoles of the past even had. As long as you can go into a store and are able to buy a PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo console you’ll also be able to get games for them that aren’t on other consoles. Xbox is the only one experimenting right now but even they don’t seem to be ready to do it with big games like Halo yet. PlayStation is only considering PC and Nintendo has only ever dabbled with mobile but that seems to be over now.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmm. After seeing that Indiana Jones will be available on Steam just now (don’t know why I didn’t consider this until now lol) I looked up the Steam Deck as a possibility for a secondary console for games that don’t come to Nintendo.
The prices don’t seem too bad and by going this route rather than buying an Xbox I’d have access to PlayStation games like Spider-Man as well. I probably wouldn’t buy it this year if the Switch 2 launches because that will be the top priority and if I get a Steam Deck I’d definitely be getting the dock for it so I can play it on my TV which means I’d also need a controller so that definitely brings the cost up in a year where I’d be making another major purchase lol. Does anyone here have one? Would it be a good route to take for what I want it for or is there another more console like box I can get?

Reactions: mccgavin
I was thinking about posting this and also posing the question if they should take some of this and use it to either make a new western studio or buy one. I think they could use a bit more than just Retro and Next Level games. Maybe MercurySteam as one possibility? As for making a new one I think Nintendo would benefit from having one western studio making cinematic style games like Sony just minus the Hollywood style budget. More stylized vs. photorealistic.

Now that it’s confirmed for all platforms, even last gen, I give this game a strong recommendation to any fan of platformers and/or Mickey Mouse. It is MUCH better than the second game in the series. It’s not perfect but it’s a very enjoyable game. Day 1 on Switch for me.

In all my focus on the partner Direct I missed the announcements of Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves only going to PS5.
Everyone seemed to be under the impression that all 4 Xbox games were going to both the Switch and PS5 especially Hi-Fi which was the first game to be rumored. Maybe performance tests weren’t up to snuff and it was decided that these 2 were better off being saved for Switch 2? I can’t imagine a world where Xbox would think the Nintendo audience wouldn’t be receptive to a positively reviewed game from Rare. They know they have an audience here which is why all those games are coming to NSO.

Now that it’s confirmed for all platforms, even last gen, I give this game a strong recommendation to any fan of platformers and/or Mickey Mouse. It is MUCH better than the second game in the series. It’s not perfect but it’s a very enjoyable game. Day 1 on Switch for me.
I remember having a great time with this game but was disappointed I could only play on Wii. I’ll probably play it again at some point for sure.

Reactions: Mike S
Looks good. I’m considering getting this after I play the classic Doom trilogy.

Another game revival from Nightdive Studios that has me intrigued is Powerslave: Exhumed. The ancient Egypt setting just seems cool and one review I saw compared its exploration aspects to Metroid Prime which just sells me on it even more lol.

Dang. Not to say I'm a fan of live-service games, however, I think a Twisted Metal LS game would've probably worked. I just want a new game in the series smh.

• Sad
Reactions: MrRoamer
Dang. Not to say I'm a fan of live-service games, however, I think a Twisted Metal LS game would've probably worked. I just want a new game in the series smh.

Maybe they’re realizing that you can’t just flood the market with random live services and expect all of them to make money. Only a few will rise to the top and they’re very lucky to even have Helldivers right now.

Ooooooh boy. I haven’t played this game but I know its reputation. I feel like the best course here would be a HD-2D remake. If they went the Links Awakening route like they mention here I don’t think people would be happy.