An 'Attraction' Every Year? | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

An 'Attraction' Every Year?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do feel this talk of a new coaster by 2017 is starting to fall apart.  The next possible phase in the construction of the Evolution Plan needs to begin before we can begin to speculate this far out.

If we are getting a "full coaster" by 2017, my guess would be Gringotts because its already in production for Universal Creative.  The only place such a coaster would exist is Waterworld.  Just my thoughts...

But...it doesn't seem likely.
I believe you are right on with that assumption. USH management seems to be under the impression that nothing should be approved unless it's already been built, being built, or already exists in Orlando.

I have been overlooking old news articles from when WWoHP was announced for USH and all of them say to expect the attraction to open in 2015.  I can imagine delays of the Evolution Plan has pushed back the opening for 2016.  What would everyone's thoughts be on a winter opening in 2015? Could that be possible?  Should they do that?  Its not normal for parks to open attractions for the winter crowd, but it has become the largest concentration of theme park attendance in recent years.

If they were to open in winter, it gives them a whole 6-8 months to work out all or most of the bugs with FJ, just in time for the summer season.

Also opening in the winter will give them data on how WWOHP will affect crowd flow and how to handle it.

Given what we've seen in Simpsons Plaza thus far, I think anything is possible if the project gets that extra push.

Would Universal be willing to open that early? Who knows. But 2016 has also been thrown around as the official date. I'd imagine they'd want to be pretty conservative when it comes working out any potential bottlenecks or flaws.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I wanna get my ass on Forbidden Journey and get my hands on buttetbeer, I really don't think it'll open in 2015. 2016 makes a lot of sense. Diagon Alley's time frame is from 2012 - 2014, and they're really hauling ass out there!!! But then again, it's an all new land, and ours is cloned, so maybe ours will be a faster process. If they can get it to open by sometime next year, that'd be a miracle. And an amazing one at that. But I don't have my hopes set on that. I think for next year, the focus will be the new tour animation.

I heard that construction of the Wizarding World is now a month and a half ahead of schedule. If work continues go this smoothly it could possibly open early.

Reactions: Chris
I heard that construction of the Wizarding World is now a month and a half ahead of schedule. If work continues go this smoothly it could possibly open early.
If we continue to have no rain in 2014, I could see HP getting a huge jump in construction.  No rain is bad for the economy, but great for theme parks!  Also, 2015 is the 100 year anniversary of the Studio Lot here in California.  Might be a nice present!!!

Reactions: JaySalahi
If we continue to have no rain in 2014, I could see HP getting a huge jump in construction.  No rain is bad for the economy, but great for theme parks!  Also, 2015 is the 100 year anniversary of the Studio Lot here in California.  Might be a nice present!!!
 that will be a nice present. and plus the new studio tour attraction . i only wish  that the park doesn't stop making attractions . for example a new ride in the lower lot or a water world replacement would be awesome!

A new studio attraction sounds good. The last few years we have seen some good adds to the tour. Of course the backlot fire helped revamp and push forward new ideas.  But the current tour does have lagging stops like fast and furious. I cant wait until the day this attraction leaves. Cross my fingers.  I agree with the lower lot getting more detail work. It seems like every trip I have been on as well as tips and tricks to get through the park always suggest rushing the lower lot and returning up top the remainder of the day. I myself seem to do this every trip. I hit the lower lot for 45 mins to an hour and return up top for the remainder of the day. It's a long way up and down those stairs. lol. I remember in the early 90's when E.T. was a hit and you also had the sound stage, backdraft and beetlejuice rockin review.  USH can maybe look into better food options in the lower lot as well as a new attraction as well as a show.  Just bring Beetle juice back!!!!!!!!!!! lol. That would be a  good start.

A coaster in the place of Shrek ?? Unless its a very small coaster and an indoor coaster I dont see that happening ... Universal in my opinion needs a dark ride big time ! One that doesn't require a screen and 3-d glasses

Reactions: Bonkers
I would assume that the whole Shrek building will be demolished and a new bigger structure will be built. The new structure would not only take up the space where Shrek currently occupies, but also the land that sits between Shrek and WaterWorld. The end result would be a ride that is about twice as big as Shrek.

Even in a building that is twice as big as Shrek is, that would never work in my opinion. It would be a 10 second coaster or an unbelievably short coaster ride. Look at how massive the Mummy show building is, and that is a 90 second ride...I don't think it would ever work in that spot.

I WOULD, however, like to see then demolish Shrek's building as well as the few adjoining gift shops/NY street facade up to Waterworld, and put in a nice sized dark ride! That would be brilliant IMO.

Hippogriff will be next to Shrek.  Also, if Warner Bros has any say in HP quality, they wont want a loud coaster to ruin the effect and image of WWoHP.  I think if anything takes the place of Shrek and Waterworld it will be indoors.  We are lucky enough to have an outdoor coaster coming.  That will be so weird, I won't feel as if I am at USH.

Odd how The Walking Dead snuck in for 2016.  Any ideas for 2017?  I think SLoP is still on.

What is the official attraction count for USH for 2016?

1. Waterworld

2. Despicable Me

3. Shrek

4. Studio Tour (one attraction)

5. SSFL w/Silly Swirly

6. Animal Actors

7. SES

8. The Walking Dead

9. Harry Potter and FJ

10. Hippogriff

11. Ollivander's

12. Simpsons

13. Jurassic Park

14. Mummy

15. Transformers

16. Dino Play (stretching that a bit)

Its also amazing to see the ride count is officially at 8!  What is this world coming to???

Simpsons, Despicable Me, Silly Swirly, HPFJ, Hippogriff, JP, Mummy, Transformers

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd how The Walking Dead snuck in for 2016.  Any ideas for 2017?  I think SLoP is still on.

What is the official attraction count for USH for 2016?

1. Waterworld

2. Despicable Me

3. Shrek

4. Studio Tour (one attraction)

5. Silly Swirly

6. Animal Actors

7. SES

8. The Walking Dead

9. Harry Potter and FJ

10. Hippogriff

11. Ollivander's

12. Simpsons

13. Jurassic Park

14. Mummy

15. Transformers

16. Dino Play (stretching that a bit)

Its also amazing to see the ride count is officially at 8!  What is this world coming to???

Simpsons, Despicable Me, Silly Swirly, HPFJ, Hippogriff, JP, Mummy, Transformers

Do you think Secret Life of Pets could make 2017? Maybe a late 2017 date?