An 'Attraction' Every Year? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

An 'Attraction' Every Year?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I proposed that to a higher-up way back, and the answer I got was: Universal will find a way, even if it means inconveniencing employees. I guess if that means moving Take 5 Cafe and the Entertainment Wardrobe, then so be it.

As for timelines:

2014: Despicable Me and Springfield. The year will be marketing strictly towards families for a change in an effort to curb less APers to help with traffic.

2015: Studio Tour enhancements, which includes some new animations, new things here and there and a possible new video tour guide (RIP Jimmy Fallon?), along with (I don't believe this one) a rumored repainting of the trams. Shrek may or may not close at the end of the year. New parking garage opens, too.

2016: Potter. Just that's all.

I'm not sure about the rest, but I know it includes more focusing on outer enhancements, such as CityWalk and hotels, along with some new stuff in the lower lot.
Really excited about the tour animations the most! :) and for Shrek to possibly close finally....and to get rid of Jimmy Fallon.

Also, I dont believe they'd repaint the trams...at least any new color scheme. They'd have to also change the King Kong 360 3D footage as well.

Reactions: Chris
I think JK Rolling does not want Gringotts to be physically close to Hogwarts. 
I don't think JK has as much weight anymore once the product is beyond conception phase.  I would look at her more as an executive producer than a management control position.  I think JK can add her input on detail and authenticity, but not when it comes to layout and property management.

Reactions: smoaT and Jon Fu
^ no, I'm pretty sure she has at least some sort of say in terms of lay out. That's apparently how she signed off on Diagon Alley, because it IS in a different park and makes more sense. I think it's beyond conception phase with JK, since that's one of the reasons she didn't go with Disney, who didn't want to give her full control.

Personally I dont wanna see Diagon Alley in our park..

I think Chris is right.

You're confusing Rowling with Warner Brothers. They're the ones who do inspections of the land to ensure everything is in tip-top shape, and they're the party that dictates much of the creative aspect of Wizarding World and Diagon Alley beyond the conceptual phase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: smoaT
This was posted by Hatetofly on the Orlando United forum.
When HTF talks about "Mummy improvements", I would love to hope that it would involve changes to the coaster portion. They don't have to change the building and all that, but they could make a new layout to the coaster portion to make it feel faster than it is and put in some airtime hills.

So today I was told that USH will most likely be getting a "full" coaster in 2017. No word on theme, possible location near WW(or so i was told).
PLEASE let this be true! I would love for USH to get legitimate coaster. Maybe what I posted in the fantasized rides thread could come true?

I'm pretty sure that full coaster is destined for the lower lot, since that would make sense of much of what I've heard before.
:eek: :O :eek: :O

Oh this is interesting now....

I guess if I out a coaster on the lower lot, especially an outdoor one, I'd make it travel over the tops (and next to) the current ride buildings, similar to Rip Ride Rockit and Hollywood Dream in Japan. Although if that's what happens, I hope it doesn't come near or ruin Jurassic Park in anyway...

I'm pretty sure that full coaster is destined for the lower lot, since that would make sense of much of what I've heard before.
This is very interesting just one gripe... where will its station be if that's true. it could go into either NBCUniversal but that'd possibly lose the delorean unless if they move it or panda express which we'd lose a restruant but that'd be fine.

Could this be the location of the coaster?

Coasterlocation.png

Reactions: Chris
Could this be the location of the coaster?

Coasterlocation.png
Great concept.  But I still doubt it we will ever see an outdoor coaster.  I have been told that JP already infringes on noise levels in its current state and with the changes we have seen with Waterworld and other noise issues across the property, I feel any new coaster will be an indoor location.

Although, this does raise a great thought.  I like expanding the Studios Center and this is a great way to do so and add some footprint down there.  I like the thought of the queue entrance underneath the Starway.  But, fire roads would have to change.

I also think this area is not flat.  Which may not be a problem for an outdoor coaster, but may prove a challenge for an indoor coaster.

I think that the "J.K.Rowling wouldn't approve it" statements are not true, or at least not given a lot of weight by the theme park, there is Ollivanders in Hogsmeade, Ollivanders!! I really think she is just consulted in theme park related things, like a "what do you think about this?" She gives feedback and that's it. I could be wrong but there is evidence to the contrary...

^ She approved Ollivanders personally, saying that it made sense in her mind/world, since Ollivanders could very well have had multiple branches, especially one close to Hogwarts. It wasn't THE Ollivanders.

That seems extremely odd. That's the last place I'd expect them to put the full coaster in. It would create too much noise unless there was an endless line of "scream shields" ala Screamin' at DCA. But that's still pretty exciting that such a ride is in consideration.

If it is going to be an indoor coaster, I don't see how it can be "full". But I hope the roller coasters has two things: 1) At least one inversion and 2) A good amount of airtime. It's pathetic that SoCal scarcely has any airtime machines. 

^ She approved Ollivanders personally, saying that it made sense in her mind/world, since Ollivanders could very well have had multiple branches, especially one close to Hogwarts. It wasn't THE Ollivanders.
She didn't quite say it, the one that talked about it was Thierry Coup, the vice president of creative development for Universal Creative, but once again, if she approved this concession she may approve others. Anyways, it doesn't matter... if they have decided to include Gringotts, or a branch  there, they will, if they haven't, then they won't. As simple as that

It was just revealed that a new Grinch animated movie will release on November 17, 2017. Could the rumored 2017 attraction be a Grinch themed Mr. Crumpet coaster?

If we are getting a "full coaster" by 2017, my guess would be Gringotts because its already in production for Universal Creative.  The only place such a coaster would exist is Waterworld.  Just my thoughts...

But...it doesn't seem likely.

If we are getting a "full coaster" by 2017, my guess would be Gringotts because its already in production for Universal Creative.  The only place such a coaster would exist is Waterworld.  Just my thoughts...

But...it doesn't seem likely.
If such a coaster were destined for WaterWorld, it would have to close Harry Potter. If they di have a replacement in mind for Potter, we all know they're not going to get rid of it until at LEAST January 2017. By then there probably won't be a big new ride occupying that space until 2019 or 2020 (With Diane Sawyer).

Universal Creative could also be working on the rumored Mt Crumpit coaster that was rumored for Seuss Landing. I'd rather we get that instead of Gringotts.
I would rather have the Mt. Crumpet coaster than Gringotts. I don't want both coasts having the same friggin stuff. If they do have it, I could see them locating it on the Great Outdoors/Falls Lake lot. But USH does need a traditional coaster with inversions and airtime.