An 'Attraction' Every Year? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

An 'Attraction' Every Year?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If there is a attraction for 2017, I wouldn't be surprised that it'd be located within the probable future structure that takes the plot thats Cartooniversal.

From what I have heard...Cartooniversal will not turn into an "attraction", but more likely another gift shop.  If it becomes Hello Kitty, there may be some slight truth to the word "attraction", but not in terms of anything heavy and guaranteed not an attraction that is advertised.

I think we will have to wait until April 7th to get any indication of construction at the Stage 28 plot. At that point though, it's two months before the film is released and I could see them just waiting it out to see how the film does. Not saying that will happen though. What if 2017 brings some revitalization to some of the attractions? Jurassic Park and Transformers would definitely benefit from it. I think a lot of us who have already attended previews have all felt that jarring gap in quality between Forbidden Journey and the rest of the attractions in the park. 

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have heard...Cartooniversal will not turn into an "attraction", but more likely another gift shop.  If it becomes Hello Kitty, there may be some slight truth to the word "attraction", but not in terms of anything heavy and guaranteed not an attraction that is advertised.

I can't imagine it being any much different than the USF Hello Kitty store, which is basically just a souped-up store with some cool things to look at.

You say that, but look how the Internet reacted to the announcement of the Toothsome Chocolate restaurant at Orlando's CityWalk.

Sometimes the right kind of store/restaurant can make all the difference.

Reactions: Alexshow.
A big part of the reaction was that certain outlets were reporting it was a Willy Wonka themed restaurant. It's shocking how wrong uninformed new outlets can be. 

Reactions: Ryan
You say that, but look how the Internet reacted to the announcement of the Toothsome Chocolate restaurant at Orlando's CityWalk.

Sometimes the right kind of store/restaurant can make all the difference.

I get what you're saying about perceptions, and I don't think it's a bad choice; I'm just saying what it was. 

Once the Hello Kitty store was unveiled the reaction was much more tepid and amounted to "well that's cute." I imagine the USH reaction would be the same considering the space. Like Tyler said, the Wonka misinformation carried that Toothsome announcement, in addition to it being quite large.

However, in 2013 Universal opened a hub with a weenie, a fountain area, two snack bars and a Pink's walk-up and called that their big addition for that year so I guess anything goes!  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: