Your Perfect Universal Theme Park | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Your Perfect Universal Theme Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Whose park creation is the best?

• Jungleskip

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Descendo

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Turtle

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Dami

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Hatetofly

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8226698874_ab144af377_k.jpg
This is my ideal Universal Park

This is awesome! What program did you use???

Btw I love the parks everyone!

My Park:Universal Studios of Northern California
Description:Welcome to Universal Studios of Northern California:the second gate to California"s Great America where your favorites await like Gears of War,Halo,Die Hard,and James Bond
Hollywood-The entrance is the same entrances for the Hollywood and Florida installations. The top of the entrance is designed like the marquee for The El Capitan Theatre but without the lower screen.

Marvel Land-3 attractions
Misterious Black:The Ride-3D cross between Transformers and Shooting rides themed to Misterious Black
Ghost Rider-Dark ride themed to Ghost Rider
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man-The new version with new projectors

007 Area-4 attractions
007 Legends:The Ride- A Daniel Craig 3D re-imagining of the original ride,License to Thrill,where riders partner up with 007 to stop the villains when Bond gets a flashback
Gustav Graves' Ice Hotel- A play area with Nerf blasters
Baron Samedi- A House of Horrors-like maze themed to the James Bond villain
The Gunbarrel- Pose a photo of guests as James Bond in front of the Gunbarrel

A Land of Die Hard-2 attractions
The Stunt show to Die Hard- A Waterworld-like stunt show
A Ride to Die Hard -John McClane recruits the riders to stop the enemies

Action Video-Game land-7 attractions
Halo Laser Arena- Guests are Spartans and use their lasers to hunt down each other and cutouts of Prometheans and the Covenant army .
Gears of War:The Ride- Join Marcus and the COGs with your lancers to hunt down Locusts
Battlefield- A stunt show themed to the game
Call of Duty:Rezurrection- A House of Horrors-like maze themed to the add-on of Call of Duty:Black Ops
Starcraft- Join Jim Raynor and Tychus Findlay as they fight multiple monsters
Doom-A shooting dark ride
The Judgement of the Gears of War-The sequel to the 1st Gears of War ride

The Grid-4 attractions
Discs of Tron-A Jedi Training Academy-like show where participants get their Tron Discs and uniforms
Tron Track-A Test Track lookalike but with lightcycles,Tron scenes, and a Tron Track soundtrack from Inside the Magic:http://www.insidethemagic.net/Tron-Track.mp3
Lightcyles- An indoor racetrack where guests can race lightcycles
Tron:Blue programs vs Orange programs-A Wild Mouse coaster themed to Tron

Last edited:
Ohhhh. I like this. My park would be set up like IoA. The following will be the "Main Street" followed by going clockwise around the park. And sorry, but I couldn't keep it to 20 attractions :lol: I've also included the bigger shops and dining locations

Golden Hollywood (Main Street/entrance) - Themed to the golden age of Hollywood, very much like the entrance of Hollywood Studios and DCA, which leads to the Lagoon at the center of the park, with the Universal Globe at the end of the street as well.

Attractions

Revenge of the Mummy-Clone of Orlando's experience with upgraded AAs and special effects, as well as a new story that ditches the "fake movie studio" story.

Universal Tram Ride - A ride that mixes DHS's Great Movie, the Walt Disney World Railroad, and the Hollywood Tram tour. It would circumnavigate the park, with show scenes such as Jaws, Kong 360, and Earthquake. It would also have stops in Tooniversal Studios Station, Hogsmede Station, and Seuss Landing Station.

The Universe of Film - A World of Color type show that takes place nightly in the Universal Lagoon.

Dining
Universal Palace Theater - Fictional, but grand, theater style restaurant. Would be the park, and Universal Parks', premier restaurant.

Mel's Drive In

Studio Bakery Co.

Shopping

Universal Studios Store

City Streets - An amalgam of New York and other cities where the greatest action movies come to life!

Ghostbusters: Ectoplasm Emergency! - A shoot-em up attraction in the same vein of MIB where we're recruited to be new Ghostbusters, and end up having to fend off an attack on the city by Gozer, ending with a face to face meeting with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!

Batman: Escape from Arkham - A thrilling dark ride with the Dark Knight where we must escape from his most notorious villains

Bourne Identity Stunt Show

Tooniversal Studios
- The place where all the classic cartoons past and present live and work. Think Toontown mixed with a movie studio

Attractions
Tooniversal Studios Tour - A humorous tour through the Toon's studio hosted by Bugs Bunny and Woody Woodpecker. A mix of AAs and screens, scenes would include a race through Springfield with Otto, the Rabbit of Seville, etc

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem - A new, dark ride version of the attraction where a tour of Gru's labs is interrupted by those crazy minions.

Popeye and Bluto's Bilgerat Barges - Clone of the attraction located on the edge of the lagoon.

Spongebob Soak Battle - Spongebob themed Mack Splash Battle

Dining
Moe's Tavern

Krusty Krab

Shopping
ACME Super Store

Transylvania - Home of Universal's famous horror properties.

Universal House of Horrors - a frightening dark ride through a foreboding castle where you come face to face with the greatest horrors in film history.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Attractions (Hogsmede)
Forbidden Journey - The best version of the attraction. An even more immersive queue, better scenes, more advanced AAs.

Care of Magical Creatures - A walkthrough including real and fake creatures, including Hippogriffs, Dragons, Owls, Rats, etc.

Flight of the Hippogriff - clone of the coaster, located in the back of the Care of Magical Creatures walkthrough

Dining
Great Hall Feast

3 Broomsticks

Hog's Head

Shopping
Clones of the current Hogsmede shops save for Ollivander's

Attractions (Diagon Alley)
Gringotts-Clone

Weasley Wizard Weezes Tour- a dark ride through the Twins' store and experiments

Dining
Leaky Cauldron

Florean Fortesque's

Shopping
Diagon Alley shops

Jurassic Park

Attractions

Jurassic Park River Adventure - The best version. Updated (and more) AAs and effects.

Triceratops Falls Mine Train - A version of the amber mine coaster rumor we've had for a while. A Big Thunder Mountain family-type coaster where we go through the Tricertops Falls area of Jurassic Park. We coast by waterfalls, through amber covered mines, and see plenty of herbivore dinosaurs.

Seuss Landing

Cat in the Hat - A trackless version of the IoA dark ride.

The Lorax - A slow moving boat ride through the story of the Lorax

Mount Crumpit - A family coaster including scenes from How the Grinch Stole Christmas

High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride - An update attraction that is much more similar to the TTA/WEDway than what we have at IoA now. A single track rather than two, we get a tour of Seuss Landing along with a trip through the zoo from "If I Ran the Zoo".

Carro-Seuss-el - A double decker carrousel featuring Seuss-like characters and animals

Dining
Circus Mcgurkis Cafe Stoopendus - A sit down character buffet featuring the Doctor Seuss characters

Sci-Fi City - Themed to a Science Fiction city of the future.

Attractions
Transformers: Battle for Cybertron-A new Transformers attraction. It would still use the Spider-man set up, but instead of taking place in present day Earth, it would take place on the planet Cybertron and depict the battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons.

Star Trek: The Experience-A massive, EPCOT Center pavilion-like experience. Step into the USS Enterprise. Tour the ship in an Omnimover-type dark ride, walk its halls and sit on the bridge, and then take a thrilling roller coaster through space as you're pursued by the Klingon warbirds (Think Space Mountain, but with Star Trek).

ET Adventure-The classic Universal Studios dark ride upgraded for today's audiences

Dining
Enterprise Galley - Quick service restaurant aboard the Enterprise

Howdy, everybody! I'm a long-time reader, but this is my first post! I was compelled by my nostalgia for the Universal Studios of old to try my hand at this, so here goes:

New York
- Ghostbusters Spooktacular Show
- Kongfrontation
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Men in Black: Alien Attack

Jurassic Park
- Jurassic Park River Adventure (more in line with Hollywood's version, and with updated AAs)
- Amber Mine Coaster (heavily-themed but rather mild; BTMRR-esque)

Production Central
- Alfred Hitchcock: The Art of Making Movies
- Earthquake: The Big One

Amity
- Jaws: The Ride

World Expo
- Back to the Future: The Ride
- Revenge of the Mummy
- Terminator 2-3D: Battle Across Time

Transylvania
- Universal Monsters Dark Ride
- Gory, Gruesome, and Grotesque Horror Makeup Show

Kidzone (for lack of a better name)
- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- E.T. Adventure
- Madagascar: A Crate Adventure
- The Cat in the Hat

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Gringotts Bank Ride (if this ends up being as good as some on the boards have made it sound, it should be a no-brainer inclusion)

I tried to get a good balance of classic attractions, newer attractions, and attractions that don't even exist (yet). It feels a little heavier on the "Old Universal" side than I initially thought it would, but I couldn't leave some of my childhood favorites out!

My idea would be for a park in Mid Tennessee:

New York:
-Transformers: The Ride
-Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase (a longer version than the Singapore version with better AAs)
-E.T. Adventure
-Kongfrontation
-Men in Black: Alien Attack

Animation Boulevard:
-Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
-The Cat in the Hat
-Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
-Animal Actors on Location

Production Central:
-The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera (Am I the only person on this forum who still acknowledges the existance of this ride? :lol:) (This would use the same technology as Star Tours, Wild Arctic, and Body Wars)
-Alfred Hitchcock's The Art of Making Movies
-Backlot Tour (Earthquake: The Big One would be mixed in as part of the tour)

Wizarding World of Harry Potter:
-Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
-Gringotts Coaster

Amity:
-Jaws
-Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue

Hollywood Boulevard:
-Revenge of the Mummy
-Terminator 2 3D: Battle Across Time
-Ghostbusters Spooktacular
-Back to the Future: The Ride (Even though I like the Simpsons Ride, the fans would want this ride instead.)

Last edited:
Ooh a tough one!

1. Jurassic Park River Adventure(Hollywood version)
2. Transformers the ride
3. Men In Black Alien Attack
4. Revenge of the Mummy(USH and USF hybrid)
5. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
6. Kongfrontation
7. Popeye and Blutos Bilge Rat Barges
8. Terminator 2: 3-D
9. Back to the Future 88 mph dark ride/launch coaster
10. Jaws
11. Gringotts coaster
12. Completely redone ET Adventure
13. The Dark Knight adventure dark ride
14. Jurassic Amber Mine coaster
15. Special effects show
16. Star Trek themed Space Fantasy ride
17. Hollywood Dream
18. Universal classic monsters dark ride
19. Lord of the Rings hybrid coaster flume
20. Wicked

Geesh! How do I start this??? Well, my park would be like a studio park with several worlds/sets coming to life, let's get right to it!

Production central-park entrance
This area will have the look of a working production studio. The key here would be the streetmosphere and lots of photo-ops. The rides and attractions would be as followed: (unnamed studio/movie tour) think great movie ride meets the backlot tour; disaster! Attraction basically what is currently being used; a walk thru museum featuring props, artifacts, sets and other things from the universal movie vault; the ever ironic ET attraction. This area will feature lots of shopping experiences as well

World expo
This area will be more geared towards the sci-fi genre of universal studios. Not too futuristic looking but more of a high tech meeting of science experts kinda feel. The attractions and rides would be: men in black alien attack which would follow the current story line; transformers-the ride which will have a stark contrast look to the other buildings in this area. A "this building seems to not belong here" vibe; and something totally unexpected a "the thing" attraction. Just imagine alien encounter on steroids. The plot is the scientist beings the thing to the expo to show off their remarkable find but as always something goes wrong. Throughout the area odes to old sci-fi flicks and even a science/magic show geared towards the younger crowd. And of course transformers stilt walkers!

New york, new york!
All the glitz and glamour of the big apple resides here! In this section you will ride the following rides and attractions: the amazing adventures of spiderman is a given to be here; I just can't figure out what type of kong attraction will do. I mean, kong 360 won't work since the setting is we are actually in new york and a roller coaster isn't all that cohesive for a kong themes ride; and a broadway style show. Some examples of streetmosphere would be the blues brothers little venue and a little sub area called "sesame street" themes to the show with a play/splash area for kids!

London/everything potter
The scope of this area is london. You then proceed into a seperate area featuring diagon alley and the train station. In order to access hogsmeade and hogwarts you have to take the "train". The rides and attractions are as follow: 007 stunt show, which would be near the beginning of the london section; gringotts ride; train to hogsmeade; forbidden journey; flight of the hippogriff; dueling motorbike launched coaster themed to quititch! The main restaurants would be three broomsticks and the great hall. Of course the shops from the books would be there.

Springfield
When thinking about this land I was stuck. Do I want this to be a fleshed out "krusty land" or more of a flesh out springfield so I chose the latter. Just imagine walking the streets and visiting the ironic shops and homes of the beloved simpsons characters. The rides and attractions are: autos crash course which is an autopia style car ride; a bartman themed vekoma jr suspended coaster; a dueling monster style flat ride themes to kudos and kang. Picture it as them crash landing on earth complete with fog and wreckage shrewd across the area; and of course the simpsons ride. Moes tavern and the other places are a given.

Horrorville
Very dark, mysterious land. Kinda set off from the park. This land plays homage to classic and current universal monsters. The rides would be: a launched B&M wing coaster themes to the creature of the black lagoon. It will sit at the beginning of this section and feature an underwater launch and a twisted layout; monster makeup show; a trackless dark ride featuring universal monsters; an indoor teacup spinner themes to dr. Frankenstein featuring lightning. Iconic sets like the bates motel, good guy toy factory and the theatre from the phantom of the opera which would probably feature the beetlejuice show. Herds of zombies, norman bates and mary show roam the land for photo ops!

Kids area (can't think of a name)
Will feature sub areas themed to spongebob, despicable me, shrek and barney to name a few. The rides and attractions , well the main rides and attractions will be: a kongfu panda themed spinning coaster; madasgascar themed rapids. Just clone popeyes; brand new shrek 4d attraction; spongebob water play area with wet/dry slides; a day in the park with barney; and other flats like a spinner, carousel and a woody woodpecker dark ride a la the cat in the hat.

Hollywood
This area would be more a relaxing area and feature the history of hollywood. A music review show would be the only major attraction with things like the lucy tribute a very posh restaurant.

So there's the basis of my universal dream park! How dare I leave out jurassic park?? Well I feel they are stronger items that needed to be featured and if need be it can have a segment on the studio tours. I didn't keep count of rides but like any project, this is in the bluesy phase lol...

Questions, comments, suggestions???

With AA Dementors? YES PLEASE!!! :drool5:

haha niccee. Tower Of Terror is one of the few things i love at Disney that Universal doesn't necessarily have. So if they made a ride like TOT at Universal i would bow downnn. Azkaban would probably be the best theme for that ride type. Any other you can think of?...KING KONG??..now that would be perfect too because of the empire state buiding?..

I'll pass on that idea. TOT works so well because of the story that's incorporated in it. There is Nothing remotely like it in the potter series and AA dementors are in forbidden journey. I like the fact that universal isn't doing the "golden horse" way of things and ripping off other park concepts...

I'll pass on that idea. TOT works so well because of the story that's incorporated in it. There is Nothing remotely like it in the potter series and AA dementors are in forbidden journey. I like the fact that universal isn't doing the "golden horse" way of things and ripping off other park concepts...

Agreed here. Maaaaaayyybe give Dr. Doom better theming but still I'd say TOT is a Disney Classic and if Uni tried to imitate it the two would be compared and UC wudnt be doing their job if they were just copying an existing concept. But they can come up with something new. They already have one drop tower in the resort: if anything, spruce that one up instead of building a new one.

City Skyline:
general entrance, New York themed with props on both walkways that go to both sides of the park that begin to fade into the theme of the lands you're entering.

Wicked/other stage show live performance
something like the Great Movie Ride would be nice too

Fun Landing:
Kidzone basically

The Cat In The Hat
Seuss Carousel
Bikini Bottom playground (sort of like Dino-Rama at DAK)
E.T.
Simpsons/Springfield

Toon Lagoon:

Ripsaw Falls
Popeye's
and Ice Age attraction maybe?

Jurassic Park:

River Adventure
Discovery Center
Amber coaster
Dine with the dinosaurs sort of thing

The Lost Continent:
a totally decked out and more stunning array of landscape

Poseidon's Fury
Rivendell (Lord of the Rings attraction)
The Dueling Dragons

Hogwarts Grounds:
You enter through the Dark Forest and enter the Hogwarts grounds. you can keep passing through to the next gate or head over to Hogsmeade where a train will be waiting to give you a magical alternative to the next and last themed land

Into The Dark Forest (omnimover dark ride)
Flight of the Hippogriff
Owlery (stand alone building)
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Hogsmeade village
the Hogwarts Express

Boardwalk Hotspot:
Unlike City Skyline, it'll be more themed to incorporate a more Hollywood glamour that'll allow WWoHP's London to be grouped in with Marvel's New York and so on.

the Hogwarts Express
Tour of the Ministry of Magic (a sort show like Poseidon's Fury)
Diagon Alley
Gringotts
Olivanders
MIB
Mummy
Spiderman
Hulk
Iron Man attraction
maybe a Dark Knight attraction
Transformers
Boardwalk Wharf (pier carnival thingie going out into the lake)
JAWS

That was very interesting to read....you guys are really creative. I would just mostly keep everything the way it is ...except i would clear out the Barney and and woody/curious george kids section and stick jaws back in there. And I would bring back the original King Kong attraction and put the Mymmy where poseidon is. I would put Alfred Hitchcock back in there somehow too even if it was to replace the horror make up show. that could be put someplace else i guess aaaand lastl y I want the psycho house somewhere. As much as the current propertoes are great and popular Universal shouldnt keep forgetting about the originals that made themIMO.