Your Perfect Universal Theme Park | Inside Universal Forums

Your Perfect Universal Theme Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Whose park creation is the best?

• Jungleskip

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Descendo

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Turtle

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Dami

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Hatetofly

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 3, 2008
Cincy > Atl > LA
I decided to try out a fun game, If you could create your very own Universal Studios (Where ever) what themed areas and rides would you place in it? You may have up to 20 Attractions (Past, Present, Future, Concept, own Creations) I'm curious to see what some people's Universal's parks may be like. You may also place Non-Universal Properties, however be realistic! ( Not like Disney Rides at Universal :bang: ) Get Creative! :)

For Me...

Amity
JAWS

New York
Men In Black Alien Attack
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
The ET Adventure (Revamped)
Ghostbusters Ride

Jurassic Park
Camp Jurassic
Jurassic Park Jeep Tour
Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure

Sci-Fi City
Transformers The Ride
Terminator The Coaster

Egypt/Africa
Revenge of the Mummy
Madagascar Crate Adventure

Halloween Horror Nightmares
Classic Universal Monsters Ride
Halloween Horror Nights Themed Dark Ride

Production Blvd/Hollywood
Back to the Future The Ride
Ripsaw Falls
Horror Make-up Show (Revamped)
Alfred Hitchcock

Last edited:
Fun idea!

New York (5 attractions)

Men in Black: Alien Attack: Keep the storyline the same, spruce up the guns and effects.

Revenge of the Mummy: Blend the USF storyline with a longer backwards section like USH.

Kong: If you could somehow blend practical effects like the original and scenes from 360 that'd be pretty sweet.

Horror Make-Up Show: Theme it to a New York theater. I have to have my favorite theme park show in here somewhere.

Ghostbusters 3D Show: Never saw the original, but do it in the style of T2:3D and make sure it's funny.

World Expo (4 attractions)

Back to the Future: The Ride: I don't really care what the ride is as long as it has Doc, Biff, Huey Lewis, and a gift shop.

Transformers: The Ride: Theme it like you're touring a pavilion at the Expo, then something goes horribly wrong!

Jurassic Park River Adventure: John decided to set up a facility at the Expo.

Stark Expo: Yes, I'm pretending Uni still has the Marvel rights. Sue me. Since I won't be including Potter, this will be my Kuka attraction. We get our hands on an Iron Man suit and follow Tony around in battle.

Toon Lagoon (3 attractions)

I know a lot of people don't like this place, but done right I think it'd win a lot more people over.

Popeye and Bluto's: Best raft ride in the country. Has to be on here.

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls: Not the cheap version we got. Somehow, they figured out the logistics of actually cutting the raft in half.

Mr. Peabody and Sherman Dark Ride: No, this Toon Lagoon won't be all water rides. You have the new movie coming out, and I think you could have a lot of fun with history here.

Suess Landing (4 attractions)

Cat in the Hat Dark Ride: Pretty much like the original, but no screens. All practical effects and AAs.

Mt. Crumpit Coaster: It finally gets built.

Carousuessel/One Fish Two Fish: It really doesn't matter to me, just give the kids one of these.

If I Ran the Zoo Play Area: In the spirit of the book, and in the scope and scale of Camp Jurassic.

Production Central (4 attractions)

As much as I dislike the mismatch theme this area currently has, it allows for a still "studio" style entrance.

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem: Virtually the same, but more 3D exterior work.

Hollywood: Rip Ride Rockit: I only hate the current version as much because it's not a great coaster, it's unreliable, and the word "Hasta". But the coaster itself will be a lot similar to Hollywood Dream and the storyline will be a little less annoying with more song selections.

Universal Monsters Dark Ride: Universal's history finally gets its due.

ET: Okay, it doesn't fit the theme other than being in a soundstage. But oh well. It's a newer and better ET, we'll get over it.

Last edited:
^ LOVE IT! Very Creative! And yes, everyone may still use MARVEL :)

I made a quick map in Photoshop of what my park may look like...the photoshop sucks because I did it in 10 minutes!

Universal_Map_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm...

This would be a hub-spoke style layout, not a lagoon-style/circular layout like most of the other parks.:thumbs:

Metropolis (A mashup of New York & LA)
Transformers
Disaster
MIB

The Forgotten World
Jurrassic Park River Adventure
King Kong 3D Attraction
Carriage to Transylvania (Classic Monster Dark Ride)

Ancient Egypt
Revenge of the Mummy
Dig Site Tours (family friendly indoor-outdoor jeep ride, similar to USS's Treasure Hunters)
Sandstorm (Egypt-themed Tea Cup)

Hogsmeade
Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey
Flight of The Hippogriff
The Whomping Willow (Spinner)

London
Gringotts Bank Ride
Ministry of Magic Attraction
The Queen's Theater (Think Disney's Hyperion Theater type venue, Large Scale Productions)

Anytown USA (Toon-ified Version of Suburbia)
Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
ET
The Cat In The Hat

Krustyland(sub-land)
The Simpsons Ride
Krustyland Karoussel (Simpsons version of Caro-Seuss-El)

Last edited:
PORT OF ENTRY

Evening Show: A massive nightly show with fountains, projections, pyro, lasers, holograms, robotics, and live actors

GOTHAM CITY

The Dark Knight: A EMV style ride through the streets of Gotham with Batman

Anarchy in Arkam: The Universal take on Tower of Terror

SUESS LANDING

Cat in the Hat: Same as original with advanced AA's

Lorax: Trackless ride with advanced AA's, special effects, and multiple endings

Grinch: Fully built mountain with indoor/outdoor family rollercoaster with dark ride segments

Carousel: Clone

WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: Clone with more AA's, bigger sets, and a new Whomping Willow

Gringotts: Clone

The Quiditch Pitch: A Soarin style attraction

Flight of the Hippogriff: indoor version of current coaster with AA's

DREAMWORKS STUDIOS

Madagascar a Crate adventure: Flume clone with drops

HTTYD: A special effects dark ride similar to the newly opened Sesame Street Dark ride. A journey utilizing overhead track around the island with aerial scenes in the nights sky.

Penguins of Madagascar: The penguins get a trackless dark ride as they escape from the keepers.

JURASSIC PARK

Jurassic Park River Adventure:Clone with hi tech AA's

Velociraptor Exhibit: In an Alien Encounter type setting the Raptors are loose

Camp Jurassic: Even larger version of the popular playground

CYBERTRON

Transformers: A clone with additional set effects

Launched coaster themed around starscream and the F22 raptor.

TRANSYLVANIA

Van Helsing: A kuka based dark ride with AA's, pyro, and highly detailed scenes. This kuka is a G3 version with LSM launch sections.

Reactions: SkiBum and jtsalien
This is cool! Its like RCT but...not haha

Alright its flat land separated by small but distinguished rivers chunked into separate plots of land. Sight lines are near to perfect with the only things being seen are the rollercoasters.

New York

Transformers The Ride- Nuff said
Need For Speed: Acxelerator- High speed launch coaster...Launched out of the gate (think top thrill), top speed 70 mph, largest drop 130 ft, inversions-6, set to theme of drag racing through the streets....yes this is a dueling rollercoaster but not inverted like DD. Vehicles will be that of stretch sports cars, 4 vehicles
Ghostbusters- Same show from early Uni
Back to the Future the Ride

Egypt

Revenge of the Mummy- Set in a tomb (much like USH but more detailed) with all of the rollercoaster portion of USF and all the minor details of the in-ride USH, complete with leaping Imhotep :lol:

Scorpion King Spin- Kid spinner set to the theme of well...the scorpion king

The Lost World

King Kong-(dark ride) Here we have a jeep tour-esque like ride but we are movie-makers trying to capture footage of Kong! Very much like the newest movie but along the way we come along the indians where we are chased through the jungle. Grand finale scene mixes in with the USH version.

Helicoptours- Kiddie ride in the fashion of bouncing helicopters

Camp Jurassic- This is a must! With live AA dinos and all the works!

Jaws!- Backstory of where the Legend of Jaws came from. Journey through the lagoon and try and spot the giant creature but be careful! At the last second you may find yourself...falling right into the jaws of the beast! (JRPA style mixed with dudley)

Animation Station

(Each ride has its own separate area with distinct themeing...think new kidzone)

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
Cat in the Hat
Spongebob: Bikini Bottom Dive- Kid coaster themed to Sponegebob
How to Train Your Dragon dark ride- Hop aboard your very own dragon and fly through the skies on this ET style dark ride!
Madagascar play area complete with waterworks and playground

Comic Strip U.S.A

Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges
Batman: The Ride- Inverted coaster (much like six flags but a lot more spread out and themed to a tee)
Arkham Escape: Dark ride that turns you into the Joker's minions as you unleash your hellish plot to destroy the Bat! (MIB style shooter...evading cops, villians, and Batman)

Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

(Land uniquely separated including all shops and butterbeer..)

The Forbidden Journey
Gringott's Bank Coaster

I'm basically only going to list the new rides I'd put into the current park. I'll also list in parentheses what I'd replace in doing so. Obviously these ideas are unlikely.

Universal's Version of the Great Movie Ride: Utilizing scenes from Jaws, Back to the Future, King Kong, Apollo 13, and other properties, make an enormous chain of rides that pay tribute to the rides of old in a satisfying way with up to date special effects and real life sets (replaces T2 3D and various shops in the Hollywood Section of the park)

Transylvania Style Attraction with Kuka Technology featuring all of Classic Monsters and Van Helsing (occupying current Poseidon's Fury area)

Stark Expo Dark Ride replaces both Storm Force and Doctor Doom (Huge footprint Attraction well worth the space, as a drop tower / teacup style ride is very replaceable elsewhere in the park)

Fast and the Furious Test Track style ride inserted between Simpsons and MIB in the empty Plot of Land

The Grinch Mount Crumpit coaster in seuss expansion pad with show scenes

Jurassic Park Amber mine ride with AA dinos

HTTYD AA show in the theater currently occupied by Shrek 4D

Wicked Stage show where Twister currently resides

Waterworld show from Hollywood in place of Sinbad stunt show

James Bond where FFL currently stands

Spongebob Squarepants Dark ride where Barney and Fievels / Curious George stand, along with a well themed Spongebob play area

Ok so in my perfect Universal theme park, it will be similar to IOA, since I love IOA, but with a twist.

Port of Entry- You just can't leave this place out

The only thing I would put in this area is more streetmosphere.

Now the one thing I realize with IOA is that only Seuss Landing and Port of Entry are true, stand alone islands. The only way to get to Suess Landing is crossing a bridge with water underneath. Now you can get to Marvel from POE by crossing a bridge, and get from The Wizarding World to Jurassic Park by crossing a bridge, but when going from Marvel to Toon Lagoon to JP, you don't cross a bridge when you clockwise around IOA. The same thing when you go from the Lost Continent to the Wizarding World. In this theme park, every island is separated by a river, and you can only get to each island by crossing a bridge. Here are my islands.

Gotham- Gotham is the first island to your left when entering My Universal.

Inside Gotham we have:

- Batman v.s. The Penguin dueling roller coaster. In the concept art for the Tooniversal project, this was a car under a track roller coaster where the coasters would duel. Not to the intensiveness as Dueling Dragons, but these coaster would be dueling as if one of them was going to explode. With amazing special effects and pyrotechnics, this coaster can fit to children around 46 inches, but it might not be recommended for any kid 8 or younger.

- Superman Ultimate Flight. As you deeper into Gotham, you see a very similar version to the ride in a lot of Six Flags parks, but you go around and into buildings in this one.

- The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman. In it's current version, no dream park would be complete without this ride.

Before you move on to the next island, you will see a dark island very near to Gotham, but closer to the center of the lagoon in this park.

Doom Island- A secluded island that can only be accessed through Gotham.

- Doctor Doom's Fear Fall. Only one attraction here, and it's very similar, but with a catch. Not only do you get blasted up, but you get blasted down too! Deep into Dr. Doom's Castle, you will be surrounded by amazing, 360 screen technology. Dr. Doom is about to take all of your fear energy and destroy the Fantastic Four, but the Four destroys the fear ray, or whatever they want to call it. There will be four of these towers to comprehend with possible large crowds.

Toon Town - a colorful world filled with classic cartoons and one current one. To the left of Gotham.

- Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries. This is a ride for all ages using a trackless vehicle, and advance AA's with a cameo by Bugs Bunny!

- Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges. A classic water ride that has to be here.

- Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls. One of my favorites. A must in my park with an extra scene and updated AA's.

- SpongeBob SquarePants water play area. A nice place for the kids complete with slides in Squidward's house, and a big one on the exterior of Spongebob's.

The Lost World - a world filled with lost treasures to the left of Toon Town.

- King Kong Encounter. An area filled with bamboo in the queue. An experience that combines with Triceratops Encounter and Twister with a brand new King Kong Audio Animatronic.

- Jurassic Park Discovery Center dark ride. Forget the educational building in the current IOA, the entire building is the queue and you get on an omimover that takes you into the development process of creative Jurassic Park. Basically, the dark ride that won't be in the JP Expansion.

- Jurassic Park River Adventure. Why not?

- Revenge of the Mummy. You enter a queue that has an Indiana Jones feel, but it will be like you have entered a secret tomb. Same awesome ride, of course.

I apolgize, but I need to finish later today. I have to go do something right now. :wave: But I'll be back!

New York:
Kongfrontation
Ghostbusters (MIB style shooter)
The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
Die Hard stunt show
West Side Story musical
Horror Makeup Show (wouldnt fit elsewhere)

London (turns into Hogsmeade):
-Gringotts coaster
-Shaun of the Dead walk through house
-Sherlock Holmes show
-HPFJ
-Flight of Hippogriff

Spielberg Central: (With little sub-divisions)
-JAWS- surrounding area like Amity, not as big as whole land
-JPRA- same as jaws^
-ET
-Spielberg museum/tribute

World expo:
-The Simpsons Ride
-Back to the future coaster, indoors, elaborately themed, starts off with a fast launch (although 88 mph may not be feasible :lol:)

Toon Lagoon:
-Dudley Doo Right
-Popeye & Bluto
-Scooby Doo shooter ride, similar to Buzz Lightyear

I'm back! Alright time to move along to our next island...

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Am I suppose to leave this out in a Universal park? Not when it makes you a lot of dough. In a clockwise movement, it is to the left of The Lost World.

- Forbidden Journey. Same great ride, same great queue, but more elaborate theming on the show building, also known as every man's dream.

- The Dueling Dragon Challenge. A two track roller coaster with an explanatory name! It also has a great safety system to make sure that nobody loses the stuff and puts someone else in a hospital bed.

- Hogwarts Express. When this opens in 1-2 years, this ride will take guests from IOA to USF. In My Universal, the Hogwarts Express will take guests from this park to an Englished themed resort. Not a Harry Potter resort, but a resort that celebrates London and the rest of the UK. I'm not from the UK, but I understand how big of a market the UK is to Orlando.

Springfield/Krustyland - A happy, safe haven where nothing can possibly go wrong! (Said Universal's twitter page) ((Not really. Just kidding)) (((D'oh))) To the left of Potter.

- Kang and Kodos Spinner. Your ride includes silly jokes, getting wet, and being laughed at by Nelson on your way out. HA HA!

- The Simpsons Ride. Due to the many lawsuits against him for his false advertising burgers and his harrasment of deranged criminals, Krusty the Clown has no choice but to keep this ride in operation to the disgust of the many Back to the Future: The Ride fans. (Don't worry, just wait for the next island.)

- Mt. Krusty. A kiddie coaster through what is supposed to be a rock sculpture of Krusty the Clown. (It's really a coaster through the power plant, but don't let Krusty know that :thumbs:)

This next island might just be the fan favorite on this fourm.

Oldiversal - an island that pays tribute to Universal's greatest movies, and rides that are gone today, but never forgotten.

- Jaws. The ride that inspired Universal Studios Florida in the first place, is back and better than ever. In order for this ride to not be replaced again, the exploding gas station will be replaced by technology-ready scene where Jaws bites on the boat and drags it to the dock. This scene did not work originally, but it will in this park.

- Back To The Future: The Ride. The same beloved ride with all new DeLoreans, all new 4K-HD screens, and an all new queue themed to an actual Institute of Future Technology, unlike the crappy queue the original one had.

- E.T. Adventure. Even though this ride is still in existence, it truly is a Universal classic.

- Horror Make Up Show. What's a Universal tribute island without mosters?

And finally....

Seuss Landing - arguably the best kids area ever created. It is to the left of Oldiversal, and to the right of Port of Entry.

-The Cat In The Hat. It just wouldn't be Seuss Landing without it.

- If I Ran the Zoo. A great play area for the kiddies!

-Mt. Krumpit. Well Disney had three mountain rides. Can this Universal park have at least two? This will be more of a family roller coaster/dark ride. However, it will have a height restriction.

- Carou-Seuss-sel. Yeah that works great.

So that's My Universal. It includes Port of Entry, Gotham, Doom Island, Toon Town, The Lost World, The Wizarding World, Springfield/Krustyland, Oldiversal, and Seuss Landing. In addition to the rides in each island, each will have characters to meet, scenic views, and unique gags.

As for a nighttime show, the Hogwarts courtyard in the Wizarding World will hold Disney-sized crowds for a nightly fireworks extravanganza! The courtyard will be massive!

Thanks for reading!

As for a nighttime show, the Hogwarts courtyard in the Wizarding World will hold Disney-sized crowds for a nightly fireworks extravanganza! The courtyard will be massive!

This was absolute FAVORITE part of your post! :faint: can we PLEASE have this?! :pray: (I know it won't happen but oh well... :'( ) really if I posted my ideal Universal, it would be identical to yours.

My perfect Universal park would be filled with brand new attractions and experiences, kind of like how Islands of Adventure has mostly unique attractions that you can't find at the other Universal parks. I would definitely want Port of Entry, Toon Lagoon, Seuss Landing, The Lost Continent and Marvel Super Hero Island and the attractions within to all to stay unique to the park.

My perfect Universal Studios would be based more on genres than production facilities. You would start out in Hollywood, then go around a lagoon through different lands based on different genres of movies...

Hollywood:
1. Wicked
2. Alfred Hitchcock and the Magic of the Movies

Lost Kingdom: a wild jungle inspired by pulp serials of the 1930's where heroic character save the day from B-movie monsters!
1. Revenge of the Mummy
2. Kongfrontation (takes place in Skull Island, based on the 1930's version)
3. Black Mamba (a spinner)
4. Madagascar: A Crate Adventure

Sci-Fi City: a science fiction-inspired area with crazy architecture and 50's style facilities to capitalize on the science fiction craze of the 1950's
1. Men in Black: Alien Attack!
2. Transformers - The Ride
3. Thrust: The RocketCoaster (a launched Euro-fighter roller coaster through zany neon architecture)

Jurassic Park:
1. Jurassic Park River Adventure
2. Jurassic Park Discovery Center (with dark ride)

Amity Island: an actual island with a beach town situated on it, this land is devoted to horror movies of the 1970s
1. Jaws
2. Horror Makeup Show
*This would be the home to Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, and so on and so forth during Halloween Horror Nights*

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: an expanded version of Hogsmeade
1. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
2. Ollivanders
3. Quidditch Roller Coaster
4. Hogwarts Express (closed circuit instead of shuttle like at USF/IoA)

KidZone:
1. ET Adventure
2. Cat in the Hat
3. Shrek (dark ride, not a 3-D show)

Metropolis: based on the action movies of today, this city landscape is home to exciting and advanced attractions.
1. James Bond Stunt Show
2. Back to the Future: The Ride
3. Special Effects Stage
4. Fast and Furious roller coaster

Reactions: SkiBum
Alright I say we leave this open for another couple of days and then we vote for the best park, whatcha think?

Mr. Mcfly's Universal

Entryway-

This would be a red carpet experience for a big movie premier. Lots of lights and fake flash bulbs.

Seuss landing-

Keep it the same except combine the The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride with The Cat In The Hat. Lets build Mt. Crumpet roller coaster as well (Thunder Mt. style) and the How the Grinch stole Christmas show runs year round.

London/Forbidden Forest/Hogwarts

These three areas would make up one big land.

- London: Stays the same except Ill add a Ministry of Magic elevator ride (Twilight Zone, but more advanced) and Fred and George's nightly fireworks show (you can see it from anywhere in the park).

- Forbidden Forest: Has just one ride Ford Anglia roller coaster (Big Bad Wolf style coaster) and a Wizard Battle show.

- Hogwarts:The same except I would take out olivanders, re-theme dueling dragons into a quidditch coaster(slytherin vs. gryffindor), and add the shrieking shack.

Hollywood/LA/California

Court House Square: This will have a Back to the Future coaster in it (Rockin roller coaster style). The power launch would send you traveling through time and the building would be made up of 4 themed rooms to travel through 1885,1955, 1985, and 2015.

Dr. Doom: re-themed to Iron man.

Incredible Hulk

ET

Wild West Stunt Show returns.

New York

- MiB: Gets re-themed to Ghostbuster

- King Kong, returns.

- The Amazing Spiderman (I'd would re-do this one and put in all the new teck from TF)

- Horror Makeup show

- Revenge of the Mummy(only because I love it and can't think of anywhere else to put it).

Alright I say we leave this open for another couple of days and then we vote for the best park, whatcha think?

I like that idea. Maybe two categories - one for best ideas/fantasy park, one for best realism idea (i.e. working in realistic boundaries within the current park).

I just read the fine print in the original post by IOA Explorer and discovered "you may have up to 20 attractions"

:mean:

My Ideal Universal Park!

Production Central
1. Back To The Future - Using Spiderman/Transformers motion based technology
2. Horror MakeUp Show
3. Original Ride themed to stunt car drivers for a new movie needed and you're hired on the spot (Ride like Test Track)
4. The Backlot Tour Station #1 (Transportation around the park like MK Railroad)

Jurassic Park
1. Jeep Tours
2. Discovery Center Omnimover

New York
1. Men In Black 3.0 (better effects and guns and screens)
2. Revenge of the Mummy
3. Kongfrontation (Mix of Kongfrontation sets with 360 3D)

Amity
1. Jaws
2. The Backlot Tour Station #2 (Transportation around the park like MK Railroad)

Springfield
1. The Simpsons Ride
2. Untitled Dark Ride that takes you through Springfield (theme is that you're part of a tourist bus touring the town and hijinks ensue)
(Moe's Tavern, Krusty Burger, and Kwik-E mart will be here too)

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
1. Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey
2. The Hogwarts Express (Track goes nowhere)
3. Flight of The Hippogriff

Residential Street
1. E.T. Adventure
2. Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
3. The Backlot Tour Station #3 (Transportation around the park like MK Railroad)