What we know, and what we think we know... | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

What we know, and what we think we know...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You? :lol:

Seriously though it must piss a few people off knowing how hard it is to get by this forum and its amazing members!

So, this is just a case of parking the crane too close to the back of Thunder Falls that it interferes with in-park sight lines......or is this crane just really freaking tall? :lol:

It's a good size crane, comparable to the one on site at SS 44 before the tower crane went up.

So, just sounding this out for myself...let me know if I'm right/wrong, people that would know. If this number includes Potter and the other current projects, it would break down as follows by my estimate:

Potter Expansion = 400 mil total
Gringotts = 100 mill
Hogwarts Express = 100 mill
Shop/Building package = 200 mil

Cabana Bay Resort = 200 mil

Transformers = 55 mil

Simpsons "land" = 50 mil

That's 705 mil, leaving about 795 million left over.

IF they're doing a water park, I don't think the thing can come out to anything less than 700 million, right? That only leaves about 100 mill for new attractions, which I would have to assume would go to the KidZone redo.

IF they're doing a water park, I don't think the thing can come out to anything less than 700 million, right? That only leaves about 100 mill for new attractions, which I would have to assume would go to the KidZone redo.

And this is with the fact that they have a lot of slides over at Wet N Wild that they could move taken into consideration?

Why would a water park have to cost $700 million? A major ProSlide installation runs about $5 million at most water parks from what I remember, and that's usually with other nearby improvements as well. Slides and attractions for a nice water park would probably run no more than $100 million for a very well populated park. You really think they'd have $600 million in other spending (not to mention I would expect anything less than 5 to 10 years old to be moved from Wet and Wild) on the rest of the park? I could see them making a pretty decent water park in the $300-500 million range.

Also, pretty much finished a basic Excel sheet of 39 total possible lot purchases, and even when I start adding in building and assessed values (I just used the market land value to start), the empty or "not so nice" lots over on Major Blvd. are really kind of small peanuts compared to the larger lots Universal used to own in the area south and east of Lockheed Martin. I'll go through and break down the lots into areas (Major Blvd., South End Development, etc.) and go back through and get the building values added to the Major Blvd. lots. But at first glance, I'd estimate the Major Blvd. lots to go for a combined price of about $35 million including adding building/assessed values to the land values I have. If you want to add another $15-25 million to some businesses to entice them to move, you're still not looking at too much above $50 million. However, that only gets you the "lower half" of Major Blvd. I doubt Double Tree would be willing to give up the location and business (and aren't they the main partner hotel for Universal?), and the newer development in the northern half seems pretty nice and probably too expensive to buy out. The Days Inn and visitors center are not exactly pleasant to look at, and losing Days Inn would not be a major loss in hotel rooms to the area count, especially after Cabana Bay opens. Hyatt Place and Holiday Inn may be harder and more expensive to buy out (their facilities seem in much better condition than the Days Inn, but Cabana Bay will more than cover the lose of these three hotels, 802 rooms total), but I would think its certainly possible if they have/are willing to throw a bit more cash that way.

No. I'm not buying that rumor until it happens.:lol:

I remember hearing, long before I was ever interested in the parks, that the land Wet N Wild is on is more valuable than the park+attractions itself. It would actually make Universal money to move the park and sell the land.

If they do that, then they could be a true three park resort, since only vague associations are made with WNW and UOR.

How much did that cost, a few million, at most? Its a fairly inconsequential addition in that sense, and likely easily and cheaply "moved" if they wanted to move it to a new water park on Universal proper.

Aquatica allegedly cost $50million, so I'd say all the "dead certs" total up to half the 1.5B amount. The stuff we know is certain will probably take about five years to all pan out, then the other half of the money will be spent in the second five.

Orlando Theme Park News posted some better photos of the crane stored in the lot behind Thunder Falls Terrace.

jpnHmJxZfGs99.jpg

jzem3n61f9ciO.jpg

jjR7hSpABbQv4.jpg

When I put down 200 million for the waterpark that was highballing it big time. 200 million would create the mother of all water parks and also consider how many slides would transfer over from WetnWild. I think 100 million would be a more realistic waterpark figure.

When I put down 200 million for the waterpark that was highballing it big time. 200 million would create the mother of all water parks and also consider how many slides would transfer over from WetnWild. I think 100 million would be a more realistic waterpark figure.

I think I need to be caught up, would a Universal Water Park mean the end of Wet N' Wild?