Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just saw this disclaimer on the Volcano Bay page of Uni's website:

"All Volcano Bay™ images shown are conceptual representations, details are subject to change."

Has that line always been there?

Well I don't think we will know if nightime waterpark works until they actually stay open until that time on a regular basis. When people can plan and look forward to the nightime experience then I'm sure the park will succeed at nighttime hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashhanbre
WiFi Tapu transducer. Local wide area network

Now you are talking my language!

Shouldn't they at least offer up a reason (even a bogus one) for the reduction in hours?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the July and August hours get changed, too.

Just wanted to talk about 'bogus reason's' the only time I got upset this trip was at the restaurant down stairs at SF. I have had a few great breakfasts there, but they are buffets and get too costly for breakfast, so I tried dinner there...my diner was not bad, but every table around me got bread, we did not...our dinner came before our APP and I almost stormed out (as we were rather hungry when we sat down at a near empty restaurant)....the waiter told me the chief didn't let our app out of the kitchen...in my mind, I am thinking that the hitches couldn't melt cheese correctly so to me, it just made things worse...

Anyone else have a problem creating an account to setup tapu tapu pay. I'm going tomorrow and keep getting, "Sorry, we were unable to create your account creation request at this time. Please try your request again."

I needed my wife to get an account (she has a phone that can use the app, another guest at the park told me they used the web site), but my wife had to update the app on an apple...once she did that and created an account, we were good to go, the app used the camera on the phone to grab the CC stuff, super easy once she had an account...scan our ticket into the app and good to go.

But our attendant at the RESV seats had a tab going for us, then the rain came, they sent them to cash us out, but he could not take the mobile payment unit because they are not waterproof...wonder if they knew SF was holding money back on my CC if we tried to ditch due to the weather...

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
The whole night time concept is the VERY reason my family was excited about going. :)

I already had a Universal account and I tried to link the Volcano Bay tickets online but it never gave me a confirmation that I was successful in linking the tickets or not.

Is night time swimming really not a big thing in FL? Here in AZ we have a few waterparks that are open till minumum 8PM, all the way to 11PM. And they maintain a healthy crowd easily. Also, they are not themed at all. I would hope Uni gets that figured out, because night time in a heavily themed water park would be a big draw here.

Okay, I was a big supporter of this park. Like I was excited as hell to go. I still am, but it looks to be nothin of what was promised. I know it's still been open for two weeks and still has a lot of kinks to work out, but after two weeks you still shouldn't have freaking red tape all over the place. I'll give it two months so on July 25th if it's still like this state, I think I may have to consider it a flop

Reactions: MattA

Is this a temporary water pressure issue or a design choice?

My guess would be it's variable based on weather conditions.

Being so close to the road it could whip up a fair amount of spray in the wind maybe?

Reactions: shiekra38
A new park, all of the systems involved have personalities that maintenance has to get used to. Spider Man had it, Kong vehicles had/have it. Not to mention, there are probably a ton of reporting computers that are issuing confusing commands and alerts. Those tend to be set on a hair trigger at the outset.

^Totally agree. But now we're talking less about system personalities and more about utilities lol. It'd be like having a fancy new launch coaster but not enough power to supply the LSMs. Now, I know for a fact that the engineers at UO are smart boys and girls, but stuff like this is almost bordering bad luck territory.

^Totally agree. But now we're talking less about system personalities and more about utilities lol. It'd be like having a fancy new launch coaster but not enough power to supply the LSMs. Now, I know for a fact that the engineers at UO are smart boys and girls, but stuff like this is almost bordering bad luck territory.
From what I understand, nearby lightening tripped one of the power distribution boxes. They had to power down everything on the power network. Reset the distribution box and then power everything back up.

From what I understand, nearby lightening tripped one of the power distribution boxes. They had to power down everything on the power network. Reset the distribution box and then power everything back up.
Sounds like they need to make a sacrifice to Vol. Where is that voodoo queen when you need her?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Forgive me, but when you mention that Spiderman and Kong had problems you're talking about advanced ride systems. With the exception of the water coaster and maybe the drop slides, these are essentially just water slides. I understand this being a new park and they have to work out all the kinks, but unless somebody is hurt or drowning at the end of the slide (God forbid) then I don't really understand how a water slide "breaks down." You send a person down the slide, you wait until they exit the splash pool, and then you send the next person.

Forgive me, but when you mention that Spiderman and Kong had problems you're talking about advanced ride systems. With the exception of the water coaster and maybe the drop slides, these are essentially just water slides. I understand this being a new park and they have to work out all the kinks, but unless somebody is hurt or drowning at the end of the slide (God forbid) then I don't really understand how a water slide "breaks down." You send a person down the slide, you wait until they exit the splash pool, and then you send the next person.

Slides have sensors installed on them as safety measures. If the sensors fail or "break down", slide shuts down. No matter what.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
then I don't really understand how a water slide "breaks down." You send a person down the slide, you wait until they exit the splash pool, and then you send the next person.

If the systems running the water pumps or filters report problems then there might not be any water for the slides. That's how. ;)

Slides have sensors installed on them as safety measures. If the sensors fail or "break down", slide shuts down. No matter what.

Yeah, that too...

Reactions: Dan B