Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have also read that there is sand everywhere, so at least that will help with traction :)

This is a huge throwback. Back during the Hogsmeade construction, I remember there was some permits about Concrete sidewalks. The permits actually listed how wet the sidewalks were expected to be and how the concrete was designed to prevent people slipping during that worst case. (I'm paraphrasing)

I'm assuming Universal did something similar for Volcano Bay.

I should also state that I saw guest survey teams throughout the park on my 2nd day there.

I always hold onto a handrail when on stairs, I found the wood exit of the coaster slippery when I was barefoot...after the rain, I found a wooden floor over a bridge kind of slippery...but something like that can happen when rain brings up oils that have obsoarbed into the surface.

When it comes to the sand. My seat was on sand...if I exited one way, the misters on the concrete were not turned on and I saw no way to remove sand from my feet before putting my water shoes on so I drug dirts to places I would not have if I saw an option to do so.

Ouch, I was really trying to catch an evening with VB before July...but it is better than trying to predict softs and I know the park is done enough for my family to have a good time, enjoy tube rides as a family...my wife can skip the stair ride for the trap door slides, my daughter can do more than her old fart parents.

I can get some exercise by doing at least one of the trap door slides with my daughter...they let me do green and her do blue, dropping us at the same time to see who got down first...I one, but I weigh a lot more than she does.

You know it's quite possible that people just aren't staying in the park past 6 or 7 to make it worth staying open. Not to mention there is a lot of finishing touches they need to make.

I don't care what the marketing says...most people that go to a water park go when it's sunny outside. There is a reason beach parking goes from $10 to free after 4pm near me.

You know it's quite possible that people just aren't staying in the park past 6 or 7 to make it worth staying open. Not to mention there is a lot of finishing touches they need to make.

I don't care what the marketing says...most people that go to a water park go when it's sunny outside. There is a reason beach parking goes from $10 to free after 4pm near me.
I agree with you. I never really bought the idea they could have a late night crowd there constantly, maybe once a week special event night, but even that would be pushing it. Heck, I've spent many many days at the various Universal on site hotels (everything but Hard Rock) and I rarely see more than a handful of people in the pools after dark. Even the movie night evenings don't have many people in the pool. I can count on one hand all the times I've gone in the pool after dark. Even in Florida, May & Oct. are a bit chilly in the water evening wise.....Bet this comes down to a few weeks prime summer and a few selected evenings after that.

Hope it isn't a long-term issue! :confused:

Hmm, this' odd. Seens like this should've be competed a while ago.

This' the stuff that bugs me the most. At least they're addressing it... kinda.

Hope it isn't a long-term issue! :confused:

Hmm, this' odd. Seens like this should've be competed a while ago.

This' the stuff that bugs me the most. At least they're addressing it... kinda.

That is low voltage wiring BTW. You do know what that cone shaped thing on the corner is right?

I agree with you. I never really bought the idea they could have a late night crowd there constantly, maybe once a week special event night, but even that would be pushing it. Heck, I've spent many many days at the various Universal on site hotels (everything but Hard Rock) and I rarely see more than a handful of people in the pools after dark. Even the movie night evenings don't have many people in the pool. I can count on one hand all the times I've gone in the pool after dark. Even in Florida, May & Oct. are a bit chilly in the water evening wise.....Bet this comes down to a few weeks prime summer and a few selected evenings after that.

Still, they sold this place as a day/night park. They told us the volcano would erupt and the waterfalls would light up like lava at night. The place was going to transform after the sun went down. It was a large part of the marketing campaign and one of things that was to make this water theme park unique. Then they posted June operating hours (months ago) with closing times after sunset every night in June. And now they are quietly changing those closing times without any explanation.

Shouldn't they at least offer up a reason (even a bogus one) for the reduction in hours?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the July and August hours get changed, too.

Some of the loose ends being addressed in Volcano Bay. Photos with wires 3 days ago.
I guess with the tv report/article bringing attention to loose wires they're quickly addressing them now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia
Anyone else have a problem creating an account to setup tapu tapu pay. I'm going tomorrow and keep getting, "Sorry, we were unable to create your account creation request at this time. Please try your request again."

Anyone else have a problem creating an account to setup tapu tapu pay. I'm going tomorrow and keep getting, "Sorry, we were unable to create your account creation request at this time. Please try your request again."

I had a problem trying to make an account today. I changed my email thinking it was that but nothing changed.

It's closing an hour earlier.... which is still 9pm. So?

Gosh darn it! :angry:

So are we allowed to have a negative opinion on the reduction of hours yet @Joe without simply dismissing it as "so"? What is the amount of hours reduced we're allowed to start complaining? Or what month?

The problem isn't with the trap door. The lateral g's in the turns are greater than anticipated. And it is flexing the supports more than they are comfortable with.

If I'm not mistaken, these are the two tallest serpentine drop slides ProSlide has ever built. I'm pretty sure they turned out to be just a titch more extreme than they thought they would be.

Thanks @Disneyhead
You know, what's slightly crazy? I get them making a mistake here. It happens- proslide isn't infallible. A little upsetting the design mistakes happened not only on these, but honu as well.
But for them to be this far off is embarrassing. 300lbs dropping to 250 is understandable- but 33% off all the way down to 200? Yeesh. The worst is that it's not even universals fault. This is all on proslide, yet universal is going to take all of the flack for it.

Still, they sold this place as a day/night park. They told us the volcano would erupt and the waterfalls would light up like lava at night. The place was going to transform after the sun went down. It was a large part of the marketing campaign and one of things that was to make this water theme park unique. Then they posted June operating hours (months ago) with closing times after sunset every night in June. And now they are quietly changing those closing times without any explanation.

Shouldn't they at least offer up a reason (even a bogus one) for the reduction in hours?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the July and August hours get changed, too.
I'm not disagreeing with you. :thumbsup: The whole night time concept never made much sense to me. :)