Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else notice that except for monsters epic universe is basically just fictional animal kingdom? Fantastic beasts, dragons, yoshis, probably eventually pokemon. Not complaining because I love aninals real and fictional, but I was thinking about this when i was watchibg the video discussing where pokemon would go.

Monsters could have fictional wolfmen and vampire bats, no?

While on a much grander scale, this feels closer to Cartoon World than Animal Kingdom to me. Especially if Pokemon comes here honestly. I see the comparison but most of these aren't "real" so while yes a "fictional" animal kingdom, they aren't ALL animals or based on animals. They're bringing you into the world of these characters, not the world of these animals, if that makes sense? To me that right there is the main difference. The Animals are the star or part of the story here, but they are not THE story. The story at this park seems to be (while obviously immersing us in different 'Universes'), us interacting directly with these worlds.

Mario Kart has us starring in the race, HTTYD is us learning how to train our dragon, Fantastic Beasts seems to be about us muggles entering their world and finding beasts all around us, and Monsters is us getting a tour of Castle Frankenstein.

Maybe this boggles down to what Universal is compared to Disney, where I feel Disney is much more "Hey, look at this!" and Universal is much more "Okay guests, YOU are the center of this attraction" so to me EU and AK just seem like entirely different experiences. With or without Pokemon.

While on a much grander scale, this feels closer to Cartoon World than Animal Kingdom to me. Especially if Pokemon comes here honestly. I see the comparison but most of these aren't "real" so while yes a "fictional" animal kingdom, they aren't ALL animals or based on animals. They're bringing you into the world of these characters, not the world of these animals, if that makes sense? To me that right there is the main difference. The Animals are the star or part of the story here, but they are not THE story. The story at this park seems to be (while obviously immersing us in different 'Universes'), us interacting directly with these worlds.

Mario Kart has us starring in the race, HTTYD is us learning how to train our dragon, Fantastic Beasts seems to be about us muggles entering their world and finding beasts all around us, and Monsters is us getting a tour of Castle Frankenstein.

Maybe this boggles down to what Universal is compared to Disney, where I feel Disney is much more "Hey, look at this!" and Universal is much more "Okay guests, YOU are the center of this attraction" so to me EU and AK just seem like entirely different experiences. With or without Pokemon.

Animal Kingdom sans Pandora is criminally underappreciated. It's the closest to being the literal definition of a theme park, and has the most connection in its rides. JMO

Last edited:
Reactions: alias8703
Animal Kingdom sans Pandora is criminally underrated. It's the closest to being the literal definition of a theme park, and has the most connection in its rides. JMO
I don't disagree with that at all, I just don't think Epic Universe and Animal Kingdom are at all the same park other than immersing you in separate areas as much as possible but I feel technically, while they may not all succeed, all parks do that. Haven't ever been to Pandora.

I think EU having the one entry/exit for each land is going to make the park feel so incredibly different than anything else so I really feel EU is just going to be a game changer in some capacity.

Could that autonomous vehicle/gondola carrier system be Universal's answer to the Skyliner along with solving the transportation issue between the two campuses? It's honestly a lot more practical than the Skyliner and would most definitely be an icon of the resort. An autonomous car that drives around (in a controlled environment I presume) and hooks onto a gondola system that brings it up a hundred feet in the air is the coolest thing I've ever heard.

Could that autonomous vehicle/gondola carrier system be Universal's answer to the Skyliner along with solving the transportation issue between the two campuses? It's honestly a lot more practical than the Skyliner and would most definitely be an icon of the resort. An autonomous car that drives around (in a controlled environment I presume) and hooks onto a gondola system that brings it up a hundred feet in the air is the coolest thing I've ever heard.
Could it be a real thing? Sure.

Will it? I Doubt it. My guess is we're still just going to have bus transport between the two resort parcels

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Here’s a response I made elsewhere regarding this particular patent:

Universal was originally in talks with the county to construct an automated people mover system that would connect the convention center to the new theme park area. -- Once they decided to drop the free open hub idea, they removed this concept from the table... It is entirely possible that some, or even most, of the concepts included in the patent were initially designed for this very purpose, but will now go unbuilt. You still patent new technology though, just in case. (Just in case another company makes it and then you sue them or ask for royalties, in addition to just in case you ever decide to build it yourself.)

The only place for the southern Orlando resort area I could see something like this being used would be between the two resorts situated below the new theme park. They would only need to cross the new Universal Way to connect to Epic Universe's entrance, and it's far too short a distance to really need a shuttle bus.

Monsters could have fictional wolfmen and vampire bats, no?
I thought about that too but decided not to include it because I decided it might be more grey area on whether they would count that as animals or a supernatural "humans" powers.

Cartoon world is a good comparison too. I think EU will be incredible if done right with no budget cuts. But I think if they do a pokemon safari expansion like people want in this park vs kidzone it seems like a LOT of rides for 1 park "catching" or "training" "animals". So i think then it kind of makes the secondary theme animals of the universe or something like that. I think for that reason might be a good idea for universal to have Newts case and a Pokemon catching ride in 2 different parks. However, I'm all about animals both real and fictional (i have a minor in zoology and am a magizologist in wizards unite haha) so i don't really mind Animal Universe haha. I'm so stoked for this park! Being so immersive like diagon alley for a whole park is going to be a game changer!

I thought about that too but decided not to include it because I decided it might be more grey area on whether they would count that as animals or a supernatural "humans" powers.

Cartoon world is a good comparison too. I think EU will be incredible if done right with no budget cuts. But I think if they do a pokemon safari expansion like people want in this park vs kidzone it seems like a LOT of rides for 1 park "catching" or "training" "animals". So i think then it kind of makes the secondary theme animals of the universe or something like that. I think for that reason might be a good idea for universal to have Newts case and a Pokemon catching ride in 2 different parks. However, I'm all about animals both real and fictional (i have a minor in zoology and am a magizologist in wizards unite haha) so i don't really mind Animal Universe haha. I'm so stoked for this park! Being so immersive like diagon alley for a whole park is going to be a game changer!
Ya you do have a good point it’s somewhat, somewhat repetitive. I’d be fine if Pokémon goes to EU but it really does belong on the Kidzone/Simpsons plot. I just wouldn’t be shocked if they open up with this at EU if they can, they want week long vacations right away once that park opens and that helps and makes EU a definite 2 day park, along with VB, and IOA and USF.

Reactions: Suchomimus
So I have a 2 year old who will be 5 by the time epic opens so every time i see classic monsters land i think that will be a really cool land but i wonder if I'll be able to check it out since it might be too scary for my daughter. Then yesterday I was watching Super Monsters with her and it got me to thinking that it would be so cute if they themed a really small part of the land to Super Monsters if they own it. Maybe not a play area because I dont think a lot of people would like that but would be a really cute idea for the child swap areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.