Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, based on this, i'm shockingly more excited for Fantastic Beasts than HTTYD. HTTYD just looks about on the level of TSL with a few more flats.
Oh it'll definitely be nicer, but looking at the concept art again and the labeling Alicia put on it, TSL was the instant thing that came to my mind.

Oh it'll definitely be nicer, but looking at the concept art again and the labeling Alicia put on it, TSL was the instant thing that came to my mind.

I just don't see that. The theming will be better, the coaster will almost certainly have real scenes, and there's the huge stage show.

I think the only disappointment is there's not a true E-ticket attraction.

I don't disagree really, its lacking substance.

I personal love theme park shows and food and strolling around a park killing time so HTTYD seems like my relaxation area in this theme park. Hop into the Great Hall for (hopefully) good foods, beer, then head over to catch the HTTYD show. Grab another drink and catch in the scenery, meet Toothless maybe, ride a highly themed coaster, sounds fun to me. Its just not what this land could have been, but ill wait and see for the final product. Im still psyched about the area itself.

I just don't see that. The theming will be better, the coaster will almost certainly have real scenes, and there's the huge stage show.

I think the only disappointment is there's not a true E-ticket attraction.
I never said the lands would be total equals and have said multiple times that HTTYD will be the better land. Despite that, I think that TSL is the best comparison for it currently, however.

Listen, I agree that not having a huge E-ticket ride is disappointing, but it will still have 3 rides, a huge show, and a play area. That's quite a bit.
Yes I listed all that in the rest of my comment you cut off haha. For me personally as I said theres enough to do for sure, but I can see people like my family being like "Theres nothing to do here!!" Im more than happy to hang around Berk for a few hours.

Im also generally interested to see how they make Berk for a theme park. Ive said it before I could see it being the best "looking", or most "beautiful" of all the lands. So I'm personally not worried about having fun there. Give me a Jai Lai and a dope stage show and ill be fine. I also just wanna meet Toothless lol he and Hiccup's relationship reminds me so so much of me and my old dog lol. Don't think I personally have EVER wanted to actually do a meet n greet but that one I am all about. Never even done Raptor Encounter.

Kind of amazing how Nintendo is the smallest land, the land with the most attractions, and likely the land that will have the most attractions as it continues to expand into that expansion plot.

Reactions: Disneyson1
@Alicia , do we know if the restaurant to the bottom left of the hotel, and to the right of Monsters is going to be connected to the hotel at all?
Yes. I specifically say that it is, in the hotel section of the article. :tease:

The hotel will reportedly open with 500 rooms, as well as direct access into the theme park, a pool area, and an adjoining full service restaurant location. It appears from the site plans that the restaurant may be available to both hotel guests AND theme park guests, given its location.

I find it interesting that so much of the food is kind of being outsourced to the hub. Universal and even Disney as of late have been really capitalizing on the themed foods in their signature lands (Butterbeer, Green Eggs and Ham, Duff), I wonder if there will be any story creativity for the foods in the hub.

It also sort of highlights the lack of “food items” in many of the IP chosen. I have no earthly clue how they’ll try to handle any of the consumables in the Mario franchise, though I can see some sort of pimped-out banana for DK Country. Finding the story reason for a Jacob/Queenie Bakery thing would be strange in Paris. I don’t think anyone has ever really wanted to eat anything in Berk, though if they treat it like Medieval Times it might be fun. And then of course you could... suck down some blood... in Monsters... or wicked potions or. Something.

I dunno. I imagine that, due to the time-space theme, the portals might have some amount of “leakage”, allowing the Fantastic Beasts bakery to appear anachronistically and as if ripped from New York on-it’s-own just in front of the entry to Paris? Or perhaps an Animal Crossing fruit stand, etc? A food cart ripped from Ancient Egypt, pulled from the Mummy-verse? Or even, like, something Shrek or Trolls related outside of Berk. Ooh, King Julian’s Tiki Bar.

Yes. I specifically say that it is, in the hotel section of the article. :tease:
The hotel will reportedly open with 500 rooms, as well as direct access into the theme park, a pool area, and an adjoining full service restaurant location. It appears from the site plans that the restaurant may be available to both hotel guests AND theme park guests, given its location.
Oh Doh! Honestly getting the entire layout of this thing is overwhelming for me since I totally wasn't expecting that today, along with the news of the delay so that info definitely got lost haha, my b!

Reactions: Alicia
I assume the dragons stage show will be the biggest and most impressive show in the park?
It’s the biggest theater with the most stage/backstage area in the park. That’s al we can tell from the plans so far.

Kinda doubt it. I think that'll go to Potter.
I don’t know. The Potter stage is much smaller. But no telling what types of shows they have lined up for the lands.

if the show attraction in Monsters uses impressive effects it could be pretty neat too.

Size-wise though, dragons wins.

A smaller theatre also means a more intimate performance/experience. Dragons might be the "biggest" but that doesn't always mean "best". A demonstration in Frankenstein's lab is a DREAM show of mine and could be well done.

Also, lets remember how "big" Horror Makeup is at USF and I think most people would agree thats a good show. Im interested to see what they got for plans for the shows here. Too bad it looks like no Super Smash Bros even though nobody wanted that but me lol.

Alright, now which one of you guys (looking at you, @gabe3235) is gonna create a virtual recreation of these permits? ;)
Keep in mind that many features of the structures are excluded from the site plans as they mainly only show foundations, as seen from above. Heights and structural shapes are hard to tell. (The concept art helps, but we all know how they kinda fudged that to hide the IPs and make things look better/different.)

Status
Not open for further replies.