Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a 2 year old who will be 5 by the time epic opens so every time i see classic monsters land i think that will be a really cool land but i wonder if I'll be able to check it out since it might be too scary for my daughter. Then yesterday I was watching Super Monsters with her and it got me to thinking that it would be so cute if they themed a really small part of the land to Super Monsters if they own it. Maybe not a play area because I dont think a lot of people would like that but would be a really cute idea for the child swap areas.
It might depend on whether Universal owns the rights to Super Monsters, though that would be a good idea for child swap.

Regardless, I think this park will have a lot to do for your daughter. Even if there are some rides she won't be able to ride, the park should have multiple play areas for her to explore, multiple shows, and a healthy balance between child-friendly rides and more extreme rides. While I would imagine that a five year old might have trouble with a Monsters ride (especially one with Forbidden Journey's ride system), every child is different and it will depend on your child's maturity three years from now.

Just as an example, my sister went on Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror when she was three and I was not brave enough to ride it till I was ten.

It might depend on whether Universal owns the rights to Super Monsters, though that would be a good idea for child swap.

Regardless, I think this park will have a lot to do for your daughter. Even if there are some rides she won't be able to ride, the park should have multiple play areas for her to explore, multiple shows, and a healthy balance between child-friendly rides and more extreme rides. While I would imagine that a five year old might have trouble with a Monsters ride (especially one with Forbidden Journey's ride system), every child is different and it will depend on your child's maturity three years from now.

Just as an example, my sister went on Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror when she was three and I was not brave enough to ride it till I was ten.
Definetly agree. I think that they were pretty smart putting nintendo land right next to monster land because especially with virtual lines you could fairly easily split group up to explore the 2 lands. I'm not so concerned about the rides because if you take a 5 year old to any theme park there is always something they can't ride. I was more concerned of how scary the theming of the land itself will be if it will be too scary for her to walk in or not. I bet that concern is why it kept getting cancelled. I feel like with the hub system giving people the chance to avoid the land easier if needed, they can now do the land better for the fans of the land versus needing to compromise too much for us "stroller crowd". ;) i am curious though if they'll do it more like Halloween Horror nights year round or go the more funny monster route.

Definetly agree. I think that they were pretty smart putting nintendo land right next to monster land because especially with virtual lines you could fairly easily split group up to explore the 2 lands. I'm not so concerned about the rides because if you take a 5 year old to any theme park there is always something they can't ride. I was more concerned of how scary the theming of the land itself will be if it will be too scary for her to walk in or not. I bet that concern is why it kept getting cancelled. I feel like with the hub system giving people the chance to avoid the land easier if needed, they can now do the land better for the fans of the land versus needing to compromise too much for us "stroller crowd". ;) i am curious though if they'll do it more like Halloween Horror nights year round or go the more funny monster route.
When the past is something to go by I expect Universal won't hold back on the creepy-ness. The classic monsters, if they are going for classic, aren't scary in themselves (no blood or gore). I expect the ride to be for a certain length and keeping the kids out but I'm positive the land and probably the meet and greets will be suitable for a younger demographic. I think the land will have that Haunted Mansion atmosphere but with a ton of tourists walking around with Mario hat on this will not feel that haunting. But I don't expect whimsical or Disney-fication.

Id imagine the only switch is to Potter instead of FB specifically? Im really not sure what else they could do, unless we have HTTYD wrong and its really Trolls. I definitely don't see them going away from the Single IP focused lands. We shall see if any of it is true.

Id imagine the only switch is to Potter instead of FB specifically? Im really not sure what else they could do, unless we have HTTYD wrong and its really Trolls. I definitely don't see them going away from the Single IP focused lands. We shall see if any of it is true.
It's not Trolls.

The only thing that could change as far as I'm concerned is changing FB to a Potter land, but keeping the buildings the same.

Reactions: Alicia
So based on these permits, here is what opening day lineup as of today looks like, unless I missed anything?

SNW:
- Mario Kart (E ticket)
- DK Mine Cart ride (E ticket, ?)
- Yoshi

Frankenstein's Village:
- Monsters E ticket
- Show of some sort

Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts, Paris:
- Interactive Dark ride (E ticket)
- Unknown ride, possible E ticket?
- Show

Isle of Berk featuring How To Train Your Dragon:
- Family story dragon coaster (if anything like Hagrid's even shorter this is an E ticket family coaster)
- Show
- Skyfly ride
- Interactive shooting boat ride

Hub:
-
Space coaster
- Unknown attraction/show
- Several sit down, and quick service restaurants.

Seems like a good opening day lineup to me.

So based on these permits, here is what opening day lineup as of today looks like, unless I missed anything?

SNW:
- Mario Kart (E ticket)
- DK Mine Cart ride (E ticket, ?)
- Yoshi

Frankenstein's Village:
- Monsters E ticket
- Show of some sort

Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts, Paris:
- Interactive Dark ride (E ticket)
- Unknown ride, possible E ticket?
- Show

Isle of Berk featuring How To Train Your Dragon:
- Family story dragon coaster (if anything like Hagrid's even shorter this is an E ticket family coaster)
- Show
- Skyfly ride
- Interactive shooting boat ride

Hub:
-
Space coaster
- Unknown attraction/show
- Several sit down, and quick service restaurants.

Seems like a good opening day lineup to me.
For reference:

Epic-Universe-Concept-Art-Labels2020f.jpg

I still can't get over how disappointing that building in HTTYD being a restaurant is. And only two attractions in the hub is a huge bummer
Having no flying theatre attraction to ride a dragon on just stinks, they need like A level ride vechiles for this coaster to make it feel anywhere near the same. The best part of the films are Hiccup flying on Toothless, and thats like, a major part of the film lol. Its such a missed opportunity and at this point my ONLY issue with this theme park. Im excited for the restaurant but ya not having an attraction to fly on a Dragon thats not a coaster is certainly disappointing.

Im hoping Berk itself makes up for it as an incredibly themed area.

Honestly, based on this, i'm shockingly more excited for Fantastic Beasts than HTTYD. HTTYD just looks about on the level of TSL with a few more flats.
I agree with what you've said about HTTYD except I think the theming in HTTYD is going to be massively better than that of TSL. Andy's backyard is not Berk. Everything else though I do not disagree on. Hoping the land itself is as beautiful as I'm hoping

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.