Universal Great Britain | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can anyone decode the concept art? Jurassic World is all pretty evident but hard to decode the rest. Looks quite real to me

There's Starfall Racers.
Jurassic World from Beijing.
Coaster at the back looks like a bare Hulk?Transformers.
I think the concert area in front of HRRR is in there too.
The Hub ride from Epic is on the lagoon.

Don't take anything here seriously, it's just copy and pasted things from other parks to give a general idea of what could be done.

This isn't an AI-generated image.

I think the concept art would have to match the land parcel and surrounding roadways in order to be accurate (which is not something I think AI can accomplish). I'm not sure whether it's suspect that a project so early in development already has a completed logo, but obviously it's not hard to swap out "Hollywood" or "Orlando" for "Great Brittain" in whatever Photoshop file they use to develop these things.

Regardless, it's highly unlikely that this concept art, if real, represents the final layout for the park. Given the direct cribbing of spaces from other Universal parks (Music Plaza), it seems more like a general overview of what a park in this space may entail, much like initial concept renderings for Universal Beijing, or the more recent changes between the January 2023 Frisco art and the December 2023 Frisco art.

Last edited:
I think it's more likely that this could be more indicitive of the layout of the park and not the actual contents. Like, look back to the concept art of Universal Beijing and it's got different lands (The Mummy up there, some kind of Shrek land to the right, etc) but the general layout of everything is the same
kv-1.jpg

The location of the park in the concept art also doesn't match the rumoured location of the recent land purchase...so yeah, if its legit it looks like quite early/blue sky. The direct rail/monorail link is interesting, however.

I think it's more likely that this could be more indicitive of the layout of the park and not the actual contents. Like, look back to the concept art of Universal Beijing and it's got different lands (The Mummy up there, some kind of Shrek land to the right, etc) but the general layout of everything is the same
kv-1.jpg
And the Frisco concept art as well, which was much more detailed, yet nonetheless saw massive revisions.

I do think this concept art (if real!) does tell us some of their intent for the general layout of the park however. I expect things like a central lagoon, a covered thoroughfare, multiple (seemingly) covered lands and spaces, an in-park hotel, and expansion space to the left of Citywalk for additional hotels/shopping to remain part of the plan.
The location of the park in the concept art also doesn't match the rumoured location of the recent land purchase...so yeah, if its legit it looks like quite early/blue sky. The direct rail/monorail link is interesting, however.
Maybe it matches one of the multiple prospective locations Alicia alluded to in her video? I can definitely imagine Universal drafting very hazy concept art for multiple possible plots of land, using existing rides to sketch out the shape of what a park would look like in x, y, z parcel of land.

A couple of years ago the thought was that Universal could eat into Disney's market share by a few percentage points, and that's it. I guess Comcast Execs. paid no heed to that concept. Sounds like they're in a full compete 'worldwide' mode. Comcast is like their Jaws ride, and they smell blood. Feeding frenzy at the turn of this decade. I'm guessing maybe another Asian park,( another Japan location, India, S. Korea.Thailand), is lurking out there.
I wonder how long til they take to the sea themselves.

Edit: just saw the concept art. The whole park is centered on a flying saucer crashing. Orange streak through the entrance to the globe. Looks like an Astro field before the hotel. I honestly love it. :lmao:

Last edited:
I have a theory the large expansion pad for Epic is reserved for it... but that doesn't mean Orlando has to get it first.
I can'r imagine them holding the rights ro one of the biggest franchises in the world and not bring it here,

If I were Universal and I was using the “no Orlando clones” stipulation I would use that to my full advantage to use concepts that could even bring Americans to this park. Make a new Back to the Future ride. Make a new Jaws ride. Do something with Ghostbusters since it’s relevant again.

Orlando has Velocicoaster, USGB gets Indoraptorcoaster? Indocoaster? Whatever, Hulk painted like Velocicoaster. And probably JW Adventure from Beijing.

Last edited:
I'm no expert on stock images/overlays, but some of the firework clusters on this art seem to perfectly match the Epic Universe concept art, if that lends any additional credibility to this being Universal created.

LOTR
WICKED
DR WHO
JURASSIC WORLD
(Some dreamworks/illumination IPs)

would be my guess for this park.

Universal hasn't utilized one of their most known IPs in any of the parks yet and with the sets not too far...it makes sense for Wicked.
LOTR since its rumored they have the rights just makes sense especially if they don't plan to bring Nintendo to the UK.
Didn't Universal Creative keep putting TARDIS easter eggs in a lot of attractions....maybe they have theme park rights and haven't used them yet so i would think this for DR WHO.
Jurassic World because Dinosaurs are timeless
They will need kid ips to compete with Legoland so....

LOTR
WICKED
DR WHO
JURASSIC WORLD
(Some dreamworks/illumination IPs)

would be my guess for this park.

Universal hasn't utilized one of their most known IPs in any of the parks yet and with the sets not too far...it makes sense for Wicked.
LOTR since its rumored they have the rights just makes sense especially if they don't plan to bring Nintendo to the UK.
Didn't Universal Creative keep putting TARDIS easter eggs in a lot of attractions....maybe they have theme park rights and haven't used them yet so i would think this for DR WHO.
Jurassic World because Dinosaurs are timeless
They will need kid ips to compete with Legoland so....
They could have their cake and eat it to and do both LOTR and Nintendo. Despicable Me is a given but I hope it's an actual dark ride and not Minion Mayhem but I'm not holding my breath. For DreamWorks I could see a catch all area that breaks off into mini lands.

And circling back to Nintendo, considering how at least at this point in time, they don't want to clone too many things with Orlando, maybe UGB's Nintendo world in 100% unique to that park.

I would be very happy if this goes through, since I live in the Netherlands. To me a big advantage of a UK location is that everything can be in the English language, so you don't have the language problems you have in Disneyland Paris. Als regarding travel distance, it's a lot closer than Spain would be from the Netherlands. I really hope they go through with the non Orlando attractions, since I also travel a lot to Orlando. Because that's a reason I never visit Disneyland Paris anymore since they don't have a lot of unique attractions compared to WDW.