Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
VCMB is fairly new and is not going away anytime soon considering all the other things Universal has on their plate. However, low lines and mediocre reception makes me question the overall longevity of this attraction. I bet a lot of people here would prefer they close down VCMB and do some sort of interactive minions dark ride in its place.

I don't think it's unpopular. We have the benefit of having a huge people eater right at the entrance of the park, unlike its Minion Mayhem next door neighbor. It's nice to have an attraction at Universal that you know you can ride without an insane wait time like other parks have but this one just doesn't. Sadly the other attraction with usually low waits is the other new addition, Supercharged. But I'm not sure that's entirely because of capacity. :lmao:

The Studios park is in the midst of a mediocre trend of new attractions since the big Diagon win, with the exception of the excellent Bourne Show. IOA new attractions have been win win, fortunately.

With the exception of VC, Hagrid and Bourne, the whole resort has been mediocre since Diagon opened.

Fallon, Kong, Supercharged, and Minion Blast have been ok at best.

I think both parks are in bad shape and I hope that Universal manage to open its first park in Orlando without failure to try and help get things fixed or it's going to be a bad few years.

I don't think it's unpopular. We have the benefit of having a huge people eater right at the entrance of the park, unlike its Minion Mayhem next door neighbor. It's nice to have an attraction at Universal that you know you can ride without an insane wait time like other parks have but this one just doesn't. Sadly the other attraction with usually low waits is the other new addition, Supercharged. But I'm not sure that's entirely because of capacity. :lmao:
It has decent capacity, but it's not that high. Mostly, hardly anyone gets in line. This is a very objective reading since we really love the attraction, but disappointed that so very few others like it enough to go. It's not necessarily unpopular, it's more that not enough guests are interesting in doing it :worried: .....They really need to figure out a better way to educate the participants on how to play the game, and what to shoot at. Heck, most people would think to shoot at the minions, that only briefly appear, but hitting them is the absolute lowest point totals :lmao: .

Last edited:
It has decent capacity, but it's not that high. Mostly, hardly anyone gets in line. This is a very objective reading since we really love the attraction, but disappointed that so very few others like it enough to go. It's not necessarily unpopular, it's more that not enough guests are interesting in doing it :worried: .....They really need to figure out a better way to educate the participants on how to play the game, and what to shoot at. Heck, most people would think to shoot at the minions, that only briefly appear, but hitting them is the absolute lowest point totals :lmao: .
I agree, most don't have a clue what to shoot which makes it not as fun. My two girls were in charge of what they wanted to ride this weekend. I talked to them before listed all the rides and it was Mummy and MIB in Studios and then hop over to IOA. Now they did have the option of IOA the whole time or Studios then IOA since Studios closed later. But we had plenty of time in Studios to do more and they opted not to. MIB was a very big yes where the minions was a no, we don't need to do that. So they clearly like shooter games, as do I, but Minion is just missing something.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mad Dog
The moving walkway/interactive experience is modern and unique.. but I feel like Villain-Con is one of those "your scientists we're so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should" moments.

You can say that the attraction features a unique and interesting ride system/experience... but could also make the argument that it's just not a good experience.

Not saying this type of experience doesn't belong in a theme park... it's just not well executed.

I think the best case you can make for this ride is accessibility, but otherwise it's nothing too special. It's about on par with Fallon imo, slightly above average as an overall experience but not a must-do or something I'd lose sleep over leaving eventually.

I will always argue for it's merit above Shrek 4-D, and I think the overall facelift to the front of the park that this atttaction spearheaded was a purely positive move. The Music Plaza / Illumination Avenue area is so much better utilized in both theming and space now that Minions is here. Could the overall space be improved? Sure, but I'll take what I can get.

Honestly, if Transformers were to leave for SLoP, I think you could make a pretty good case for Illumination Avenue being a really solid mini-land between NY and Hollywood. I think there would be 1000x better thematic cohesion in the skyline if that were the case. Going from the New York apartments of SLoP, into Mels and the Hollywood Soundstages of the Minion attractions, as opposed to a random Military installation bordering both. I don't see it happening though.

Anyone have tips on connecting your phone? I can never get mine to sync even though I set up a profile and I *think* my phone's settings are correct
I have some difficulty connecting consistently. Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't.

Anyone have tips on connecting your phone? I can never get mine to sync even though I set up a profile and I *think* my phone's settings are correct
Make sure your phone is about midway down the gun. A lot of people try to synch at the top which doesn't work (For the record, I love VCMB - I love that its loud, chaotic and insane.)

Reactions: kristenabelle